TrueWoW Video Placement - what is the server/staffs preference on this?

Archive of discussions that have went stale. Lots o' dust over here!
Nymesis
Donor

TrueWoW Video Placement - what is the server/staffs preference on this?

#1 » Post by Nymesis » 29 Mar 2019 04:38

Hello - I had a question about placing TrueWow references into videos.

I am currently working on a project idea for some YouTube videos where I will be using shots of our world as the background in some of them. Currently these background video clips do not have anything identifying our server. I would like to change that and place the TrueWoW logo, with the address of our server in a corner somewhere, and/or mention the server information at the end of the videos - in the hopes of potentially increasing player traffic to our server.

However, I will not do this without the permission of TrueWoW's staff first. I don't know if there might be a concern about it due to YouTube's monetization setups. I have no idea if I will or won't ever make any money from the videos, but its a possibility, if they became popular at some point. I can, of course, include a disclaimer stating the TrueWoW server receives no profits from the videos. If there is a concern over the logo & link being visible in the entire video, would a verbal mention at the end still be ok?

Please let me know what the staffs preferences are on this and thank you.
“If you suffer your people to be ill-educated, their manners corrupted from birth; then punish them for those crimes which their first education disposed them, then what else is to be concluded, but that you first make thieves and then punish them.”

Boxis
Donor

Re: TrueWoW Video Placement - what is the server/staffs preference on this?

#2 » Post by Boxis » 02 Apr 2019 18:08

No idea why noone replied to you by now, but anyway, you are definitely allowed to include TrueWoW info/logo/whatever in your videos, you don't need to worry about it.

After all, this kind of advertisement can just help let others know about the server, in my opinion.

The best of luck with your videos.

andriuspel
Former Staff

#3 » Post by andriuspel » 02 Apr 2019 19:24

i think you're ok to use it, except if its content is not related to our server or wow :)
A son asked his father (a programmer) why the sun rises in the east, and sets in the west. His response? It works, don’t touch!

Everyone says it's difficult to work with a person while they have a negative attitude or constantly exhibit uncooperative behavior.

Nymesis
Donor

#4 » Post by Nymesis » 11 Apr 2019 07:53

sorry for the delayed response, but thank you for answering . The videos are not about our server or the game, i will just be using footage from the game as a background. I've taken footage of some scenic flightpaths so far, and will do other similar things, like walking around a town or something. Its just background footage to make things more interesting than a blank screen.

Anyway tho, not important. I will respect your wishes and only give an honorable verbal mention towards the end of the video. Again, thanx for getting back to me.
“If you suffer your people to be ill-educated, their manners corrupted from birth; then punish them for those crimes which their first education disposed them, then what else is to be concluded, but that you first make thieves and then punish them.”