New Ironman Rules - Complaint

Archive of discussions that have went stale. Lots o' dust over here!
Nymesis
Donor

New Ironman Rules - Complaint

#1 » Post by Nymesis » 21 Feb 2019 05:14

I have a complaint I would like to officially lodge against the new changes to the Ironman Challenge.

I feel the new stipulation that the player not receive buffs from others is a detriment to the server in general. This rule discourages the courtesy of players buffing others as they see them, and encourages all players to simply be lost in their own little world and ignore everyone else. Most of us freely hand out buffs as a courtesy to others whenever we see other players. Setting this rule now makes us a jerk if we accidentally do this and ruin someones Ironman for them. This new rule does not help the server - it hurts it - please remove it from the challenges requirements.

** I would like to clarify the challenge itself has no bearing on my personal game play - I have no motive to want the challenge to be easier as I have no intent to create more characters on Primal, and my existing characters have already lost the challenge by its previous standards.
“If you suffer your people to be ill-educated, their manners corrupted from birth; then punish them for those crimes which their first education disposed them, then what else is to be concluded, but that you first make thieves and then punish them.”

Knails

Re: New Ironman Rules - Complaint

#2 » Post by Knails » 21 Feb 2019 05:20

100% agree, it encourages anti-social behavior.

IronSharona
Former Staff

#3 » Post by IronSharona » 21 Feb 2019 13:33

What new rule are you concerned about? To my knowledge the rules have not been changed at all. We did update the information page to clarify and reorganize the rules shortly after Dana left a number of months ago, but that is all.

Under section 4 of permitted activities it says that: "You may receive buffs from players you run into but you cannot ask them to buff you." The intent is to avoid contenders begging for stackable buffs around towns before heading out on a quest or grinding run, not avoid all social interaction.
Welcome to the new decade! Let's hope the Roaring 20's come with just as much jazz, but a bit less prohibition and Great Depression. 8-)

Nymesis
Donor

#4 » Post by Nymesis » 21 Feb 2019 21:53

The latest auto-broadcast states they may not have any non-class buffs.
“If you suffer your people to be ill-educated, their manners corrupted from birth; then punish them for those crimes which their first education disposed them, then what else is to be concluded, but that you first make thieves and then punish them.”

IronSharona
Former Staff

#5 » Post by IronSharona » 21 Feb 2019 22:08

I've updated the autobroadcast to say "self-applied non-class buffs." Do you think that is sufficient to clarify the intent or would a different phrasing make more sense? The character limit makes it a bit more difficult to express so I'm happy to make adjustments if you have ideas.
Welcome to the new decade! Let's hope the Roaring 20's come with just as much jazz, but a bit less prohibition and Great Depression. 8-)