Icc25hc Full Clear of 2019

Archive of discussions that have went stale. Lots o' dust over here!
Joh0239

Icc25hc Full Clear of 2019

#1 » Post by Joh0239 » 11 Feb 2019 21:22

The Lich King finally died in 25HC with over 2 years ruling the server with an iron fist. Lk been killed before last year but not from the Hellraisers crew and now his Rule over us have ended.

Participants of first Lk25hc kill of 2019: https://imgur.com/a/5TUX4vD
Announcement by IronSharona: https://www.facebook.com/TrueWoW.Server ... 2326896585

Next Icc25hc will be this Saturday (16th February) 18:30 ST. If you're interested, show up on time and there might be a spot open. Will focus on getting a good composition.

Hellraisers is always recruiting more people who want's to join the guild and our raids. Ask Virdo, Orochy or Zortax (me) if you want a guild invite.

When you join our raids it's recommended that you have gone through this to know more about loot rules and raid mechanics for Icc and RS. Requirement is in fact that you have looked up mechanics for bosses before joining 25 raids since we want as fast and smooth runs as possible.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0

Thanks to everyone who joined and made this happen!
Mandatory Character List:
Zortax - Fury/Prot
Zortix - Boomkin/Restoration
Zortex - MM
Thepower - Enha/Restoration
Zortux - Prot/Ret
Discbelf - Shadow/Disc
Deathen - Frost/Blood
Oombacca - Restoration/Feral(bear)
Kelbert - Demonology
Froxy - Arcane/Fire

Bloodshade

Re: Icc25hc Full Clear of 2019

#2 » Post by Bloodshade » 13 Feb 2019 19:37

cluck
- - -Wrathful chiken - - - - - Salty chiken - - -
ImageImageImageImage

Kniteknite

#3 » Post by Kniteknite » 13 Feb 2019 23:04

" French fries are like steaks, where the potato is the cow and gets cut up, like meat does, only on a smaller scale. "

Regent
Tester

#4 » Post by Regent » 14 Feb 2019 10:27

Well worth it.

We went without a LoD kill for over 2 years thanks to the loss in population which created problems with finding replacements for AFKers, offliners, ragequitters, slackers, poor performers, etc, once all the easy bosses were out of the way. The players we've had lately aren't exactly of the caliber as the elite groups we've had in the past during our glory days, both in terms of gear and experience.
Be that as it may, we made it. We cleared 11/12 in one day, attempted LK the next day without much success (dropped down to 12 attempts remaining) and then we continued LK after the reset by extending the ID.

Considering that we had to contend with shadow traps not always landing on its intended target in phase 1 (DBM would call it out for Rdps and it would land on Mdps or OT, and vice versa), and the fact that sometimes the Valkyrs flew too high from the ground during phase 2 (which made it hard for mdps to burst them down), we had to adjust our tactics a few times until we got it right while trying to eliminate weak-links from our group that kept holding us back (trap fails / plague passing fails, defile fails, not stacking properly, etc).
But finally, after 39 attempts in total, we managed to nail LK.

It took several days, a ton of consumables, time, effort and energy but here we are; now, we'll do our best to keep this going.
And before naysayers (you know who you are) get all high and mighty about the bugs which made LK 25hc too easy in the past - they're all fixed now thanks to Andriuspel and the others.
The problems I mentioned have already been reported and I hope they'll be solved too. And given the staff's record lately, I'm sure they will.

10 people in our group had never even been to LK before and we only had 5-6 people who were in the 6.1 to 6.6 GS range, everyone else was below this gear level.
Worst of all, we had to deal with the update time difference problem that was causing spell lag constantly during the fight (1 to 1.5 sec delays on every spell ability, etc). This + the 2 bugs I mentioned above for p1 and p2 + the newcomers we had, all these things combined to create a situation was quite stressful to deal with.
Nevertheless, we didn't give up and this is the result.

1. https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... 005810.jpg
2. https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... 005820.jpg
3. https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... 005823.jpg
4. https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... 005929.jpg

Next goal: get LK25hc down into farm-mode while perfecting our techniques and then slowly move on to Halion 25hc with the roster of players we have now while training more newcomers along the way.

Thanks for bringing me along. It was a joy to see this finally happen again.
Rest in Peace,
Sarah Melody Jones.
May 20, 1989 - May 12, 2018.
Beloved Girlfriend & Mother-To-Be.
When I close my eyes, I see you.
When I open my eyes, I miss you.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Regent- - - - - - - - -Regentt- - - - - - - - -Regennt- - - - - - - - -Regency

Dymond
Senior Game Master

#5 » Post by Dymond » 14 Feb 2019 12:06

Congratulations! Well done!
"Grief is the price we pay for love."

Justicelight
Donor

#6 » Post by Justicelight » 16 Feb 2019 23:59

Congrats to everyone!
"I write about the power of trying, because I want to be okay with failing. I write about generosity because I battle selfishness. I write about joy because I know sorrow. I write about faith because I almost lost mine, and I know what it is to be broken and in need of redemption. I write about gratitude because I am thankful - for all of it."

Gadoschi
Donor

#7 » Post by Gadoschi » 19 Feb 2019 11:22

While I am truly happy for you guys still playing on TW, I have to say that, considering the effort-to-reward ratio, the effort far surpasses the reward.
I also don't understand how Halion can possibly be more challenging than LK.
If, however, it's not; if the reason you aren't doing Halion on heroic over LK is to "focus on LK" (as many would answer me before when I was pointing out the same erroneous reasoning), then it makes no sense to not kill Halion at least 1-2 times a week (on heroic) since he not only drops BiS trinkets for most (if not all) dps classes, which in turn boosts the raid dps by a lot, thus making the LK fight easier as well due to higher raid dps, but is also 1) a much shorter fight than LK, and 2) a single boss raid, meaning - it can be done/attempted many more times in one day than LK before the group gets tired, and, if successful, can be repeated, while repeating LK on heroic would require getting past 11 other encounters, some of which can be fairly challenging in 25HC mode (PP, Sindragosa).
But, I guess those are things for you guys to think about now.
As for me - I am playing on a Legion server now, and I have to say that I've been enjoying myself more than I have been in years, at least when WoW is concerned, so no regrets there.
WotLK just has nothing more to offer for me to enjoy.
PC
MB: Asus M5A97 R2.0 (AM3+); CPU: AMD FX 8300 (@4,2GHz); GPU: Gigabyte R9 380 4GB GDDR5 (@1,15GHz); RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 1866MHz (2x4GB Kit); PSU: Coolermaster V550 (80+ Gold); CPU Cooler: LC-CC-120; Case: Antec GX505; Fans: Antec TrueQuiet 120mm x5; Monitor: AOC G2460PF (24'', 1ms, 144Hz, Freesync); Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RGB (Cherry MX Red); Mouse: Logitech G302; Surface: Roccat Taito Mid 5mm

Joh0239

#8 » Post by Joh0239 » 19 Feb 2019 13:53

Thanks for your input, much appreciated and full of useful information. I'll take notes of this.
Mandatory Character List:
Zortax - Fury/Prot
Zortix - Boomkin/Restoration
Zortex - MM
Thepower - Enha/Restoration
Zortux - Prot/Ret
Discbelf - Shadow/Disc
Deathen - Frost/Blood
Oombacca - Restoration/Feral(bear)
Kelbert - Demonology
Froxy - Arcane/Fire

Arockalypse
Donor

#9 » Post by Arockalypse » 20 Feb 2019 11:48

Maybe this will put a stop to the retarded Marrow 25HC runs...
Shadow Council of Hellraisers
TrueWoW member since 2010.

⌁ How the little piggies will grunt when they hear how the old boar suffered ⌁

axe

#10 » Post by axe » 17 Mar 2019 08:18

congrats