The Future of the Servers

Archive of discussions that have went stale. Lots o' dust over here!
Relykia

The Future of the Servers

#1 » Post by Relykia » 29 Aug 2018 16:05

I have been following and commenting on a topic toying around with the concept of a vanilla server. There are people on here that have been around way longer than I have, so I would assume they have an idea of what is going on.

While reading comments, something caught my eye. it was the thoughts of merging servers. The one that caught my eye the most was the comment about Primal progressing all the way up and then getting merged into True.

I'm someone that doesn't like to see people work harder, especially if there is an easier way of doing something. This is sadly where I find myself at a crossroads and am just looking to see what the possible future holds. I don't know if other people may feel this way as well. From my perspective alone, I came to this site because there was a PVE server, I don't care about PVP. If the vision is that the end result is to get rid of the PVE server, then I might as well start looking for another site that hopefully has a more stable PVE scene.

This could also fall into a suggestion that if that is the end result, maybe make an announcement to the community just in case they are in the same boat as me.

Please keep in mind that I'm not taking what people are saying as gospel, but it is something that did make me start to think and in return seek out answers.

Eronox
MVP

Re: The Future of the Servers

#2 » Post by Eronox » 29 Aug 2018 16:31

PrimalWoW is a progressive realm that started from vanilla. Once it hits WoTK with all content released, it will be merged with TrueWoW to become the same realm. Why? same content, so why not same players.

This was the plan since the beginning of PW and that is what we are going after aswell.
Now, all details are not discussed. Such as PvP vs PvE mode and so on, and quite frankly there is absolutely no point in starting a discussion about such now since this merge will not happen yet in many years.

Threads like those has been created a multiplie times before,
please go read those archived discussions since repeating stuff aint funny :(
viewtopic.php?t=32460
viewforum.php?f=115

There's things that never will be right I know, and things need changin' everywhere you go.
But 'til we start to make a move to make a few things right,
You'll never see me wear a suit of white.

- J.R Cash