Arnis ban appeal

Archive of discussions that have went stale. Lots o' dust over here!
prvtom

Arnis ban appeal

#1 » Post by prvtom » 28 Jul 2017 09:59

Hello,
I know it may sound a bit weird, especially written by me, but I wanna start discussion about unbanning Arnis. We never been friends, but as far as I know he didnt abuse anything and reasons of this ban aren't clear for anyone (even for Him) - so such ban doesn't have any role in teaching anyone anything.

We all know server condition and population problems and I think that unbanning Him would have positive impact for raiding, so it would be good for server overall. I bet lots of people share my point of view, so feel free to comment this post.

Yours faithfuly,
Kacey

Jiranthos
Admin

Re: Arnis ban appeal

#2 » Post by Jiranthos » 28 Jul 2017 10:36

prvtom wrote:
28 Jul 2017 09:59
as far as I know he didnt abuse anything and reasons of this ban aren't clear for anyone (even for Him) - so such ban doesn't have any role in teaching anyone anything.
As far as I know, there is no "lesson". He's not being made example of. He's just permanently banned from our services, and that's all.
The reason being intentionally creating drama, conspiracies, constantly breaking chat rules (which brings strain to the Staff and results in them not being able to do their other duties effectively), recidivism.
He has been given even more chances and free passes than Xtreme.
There is definitely a reason for his ban, and it's not unjust.
Personally, I think he can be a nice guy and his raids brought life to the server, but no one can get away with breaking rules consistently and persistently. Not Xtreme, not Arnis, no Admin, not me.
Anyway, it's not for me alone to decide. This is just my PoV.

P. S. People have been permanently banned for less before. He got way too many "get out of jail free cards" and ultimately, rules should not be broken like twigs in a park.

Everybody knows that the best way to describe the ocean to a blind man is to push him in

Eronox
MVP

#3 » Post by Eronox » 28 Jul 2017 14:58

Way too many fractions to our rules and policy.
Wont be lifted, shouldn't be lifted.

There's things that never will be right I know, and things need changin' everywhere you go.
But 'til we start to make a move to make a few things right,
You'll never see me wear a suit of white.

- J.R Cash

Nyeriah

#4 » Post by Nyeriah » 28 Jul 2017 15:00

Talks as if he wasn't already playing using some other's accounts