Is there going to be a pass at class balancing?

Archive of discussions that have went stale. Lots o' dust over here!
Huggies

Is there going to be a pass at class balancing?

#1 » Post by Huggies » 07 Jul 2017 18:32

This is coming from the perspective of a fury warrior. I do not play another class so if I am mistaken please correct me. I have no data to post to back this up, just from what I've seen on meters.

There is quite a gap between some classes dps. I am not looking to be top but atleast in the ballpark of other classes.

Some observations:

Fury and Cat seem low

Enhance, Ret and Arms seem high

I have played as Arms and imo it is easier to play with almost twice the dps as fury.

skyx

Re: Is there going to be a pass at class balancing?

#2 » Post by skyx » 07 Jul 2017 19:29

Why don't you simply play arms spec for now if it is "high"?

Mizzeeh

#3 » Post by Mizzeeh » 07 Jul 2017 19:54

There has been considerable class balancing done, both prior to the release of TBC based on a bunch of PTR testing as well as after TBC released, from seeing speccs in action and getting feedback from players.

Your observations have merit but may not have the full perspective.

What the current approach has been is to bring lagging classes/speccs up to within a certain number of other classes and very occasionally bring certain overperforming classes/speccs down a notch, like UA prot warriors.

The main recipients of these buffs so far have been Hunters and Feral Cats who had most of their damaging abilities massively buffed in order to be able to keep up with other classes, but many other classes have received minor buffs that help them become viable.

As for Fury being low dps and Arms being high, there are 2 factors to consider.

First off, the top dps "fury" specc currently is a hybrid fury/arms specc that plays a lot like Fury but obviously loses out on some of the abilities that embody Fury, like Bloodthirst.

Secondly, and this is a much more important thing to consider, Fury scales a lot better with both raid buffs and gear than Arms does, so while you may feel that Arms is far ahead of Fury at the moment your observations are almost purely based on 5 mans and 10 mans in most likely not even pre-bis gear, even just having pre-bis and going into a 25-man raid reduces this gap to about 10%, and once Fury starts getting into raid gear they will start catching up to Arms.

Nyeriah

#4 » Post by Nyeriah » 07 Jul 2017 20:02

I doubt there are going to be more changes to cats or hunters so soon for that matter.

Huggies

#5 » Post by Huggies » 07 Jul 2017 20:31

Thank you for the informative reply Mizz.

Tussano

#6 » Post by Tussano » 10 Jul 2017 01:13

Our feral druid, Spacehevonen, did 1.8k~ dps on our gruul kill yesterday. Cat single target seems alright, sucks to have 0 aoe apart from a clearcast hurricane though.

masteve

#7 » Post by masteve » 29 Jul 2017 03:07

The reason why i dont care to play my lock on primal atm is due to stuff like this. Rets doing 3kdps while i struggle to get 2.1k, This shit is just broken atm and there is no word on wtf was/is going on. Prob more important to fix these HUGE pet bugs that have caused me and 5 other raiding warlocks i have known on primal for 10 months to STOP playing. Warlocks are dead now on primal due to low dps and bugs. GG : (

Warlocks - Out.