The Cudgel of Kar'desh duplication

Archive of discussions that have went stale. Lots o' dust over here!
Sabin

The Cudgel of Kar'desh duplication

#1 » Post by Sabin » 27 Jun 2017 05:41

As I'm sure many players have noticed, Skar'this the Heretic currently offers two versions of The Cudgel of Kar'desh.

www.wowhead.com/quest=10901/the-cudgel-of-kardesh is the 2.0 version of the quest, the one which would grant SSC attunement and later give credit towards the Champion of the Naaru title

http://www.wowhead.com/quest=13431/the- ... of-kardesh is the version of the quest that was present in retail patch 3.3.5, granting no rewards.

I've seen a few circumstances on trinitycore servers where this duplication can cause issues for players. Depending on which version of the quest a player turns in first, the other quest may close. Come July 7th, players are going to start completing these quests. If PW plans on having SSC attunment tied to one of these quests, this may lead to some confusion. Players who have both quests in their log can't distinguish between them.

Depending on exactly how you guys implement SSC attunement, this may create a situation where some players will need to complete the quest twice to get attuned while others get it on the first try. It may even result in some players needing individual GM attention to get proper quest credit. However, if the duplication could be resolved before July 7th, then it would ensure a smooth process. It would be great if we could all know which version of the quest we need to have in our log in order to get attuned.

Thanks for reading

Fitzpatrick
Honorary Member

Re: The Cudgel of Kar'desh duplication

#2 » Post by Fitzpatrick » 27 Jun 2017 12:51

The best place to report these sorts of issues is the TW bugtracker, found at truewow.org/bugs. The people that fix these bugs are much more likely to see it there.

I noticed this one as well, and although I haven't had the chance to jump on the PTR and see if both will allow you access to SSC, I've added this issue in bare-bones form on the bugtracker (https://truewow.org/bugs/view.php?id=6107). You can add any other info you may have there in comments. Thanks, regardless!
Fitzsimmons / Bibimbap / Fitzpatrick