Nerfed version of shield of righteousness

Archive of discussions that have went stale. Lots o' dust over here!
Ohdyr

Nerfed version of shield of righteousness

#1 » Post by Ohdyr » 18 Jun 2017 22:47

Threat is insanely spikey atm for paladins and if you miss a avenging shield say goodbye to almost 20% mana and a massive chunk of possible threat,I know shield of righteousness was tested during murmur's kara tests and it was very strong, that is why i am suggesting a nerfed down version maybe by 20%-30% maybe even 40%.

this will give prot paladin tanks a little more to do with rotations as well as giving them options other than judge/holy shield/cons/praying avenging shield doesnt miss

If you're off tanking on a fight that you will need to maintain secondary threat you will need shield of righteousness if you see some of the Threat per second some DPS classes can be putting out with the woltk talents trees
Last edited by Ohdyr on 19 Jun 2017 23:37, edited 2 times in total.

Mizzeeh

Re: Nerfed version of shield of righteousness

#2 » Post by Mizzeeh » 19 Jun 2017 01:52

I am not a main paladin but I think this is a good suggestion. I have considerable experience running with most of the best warrior and paladin tanks on the server in Heroics and the threat difference on singletarget is very noticeable.

In addition I believe that dps will likely gain more dps from gear than tanks will gain threat-wise, excluding set bonuses which I haven't really considered, so that this would likely be an even bigger issue when people start getting into raid gear.

And lastly the good thing about this suggestion is that it adds to the gameplay aspect rather than dumbing it down.

The potential drawbacks would be 1) it's not blizzlike(but who cares?), 2) it leaves less to be gained when Wrath hits and 3) it might create imbalances in PvP, but that can be addressed as well.

mweldinger

#3 » Post by mweldinger » 22 Jun 2017 15:34

Ohdyr wrote:
18 Jun 2017 22:47
If you're off tanking on a fight that you will need to maintain secondary threat you will need shield of righteousness if you see some of the Threat per second some DPS classes can be putting out with the woltk talents trees
Im very worried about this point. Without something like SoR there will be no way we will be able to maintain 2nd on threat. Even with SoR mana is going to be a major concern in situations where we take no / little damage while offtanking

Ohdyr

#4 » Post by Ohdyr » 23 Jun 2017 04:37

Over the last few days I have been testing out shield of righteousness over pre raid / t4/t5/t6 and it would probably need to be nerfed multiple times even after the initial nerf I suggested.

Buffing the threat modifier from Righteous fury and a minor buff for Seal of Vengeance for prot only ( if thats possible ) is most likely the best bet

mweldinger

#5 » Post by mweldinger » 30 Jun 2017 23:05

Buffing RF to compensate for our lack of holy damage seems like a really bad band-aid fix. Its either going to be too much, and threat will be a non issue, or it will need to possibly be buffed in t5, but definitely during t6/sunwell.

cts17

#6 » Post by cts17 » 01 Jul 2017 22:26

What abilities did paladins use in 2.4.3 raiding to make single target threat?

Antreon

#7 » Post by Antreon » 02 Jul 2017 08:43

cts17 wrote:
01 Jul 2017 22:26
cleave

mweldinger

#8 » Post by mweldinger » 02 Jul 2017 22:06

cts17 wrote:
01 Jul 2017 22:26
That isn't really a valid point. This isn't a 2.4.3 client. In 2.4.3 paladins a niche where we were the only tank class that had an unlimited target aoe which shined in many situations. With Wotlk this is not the case. Not to mention our scaling was changed in wotlk and frontloaded a a lot of our threat into SoR + HotR. Ontop of that we are unable to downrank any of our spells, and our costs are balanced around Divine plea having 100% uptime.