[TW] We are Guinea Pigs? #2

Archive of discussions that have went stale. Lots o' dust over here!
Brennus

Re: [TW] We are Guinea Pigs? #2

#46 » Post by Brennus » 08 May 2017 12:02

Nothing to add to the original discussion, but I felt the need of posting a thought I had earlier (about PW <> TW transfers):

I don't think they should (could they?) be 1:1, as we would then need a list of achievements, items (inside your bags/bank, of course) that should be removed upon transfer...
That is, not to mention already completed quests (yes, I still regret doing a few Nagrand quests because of transmog rewards).

Getting a "template" character would be the best in my opinion.

If you guys had already came to this conclusion then forgive me for wasting your time :cry:
Have a nice day.

Also, thank you guys for your work. I learned a lot here before, and I still do sometimes. This server is simply the best ^_^ . You guys rock!

I was to compare today's staff with people from the time I started playing here, but it would probably cause more harm than good.
I'd better say just what I really mean: Thank you guys for being so wonderful and for making this server so cool. :)
•     Currently No longer Once again retired (now it's for real)     •

AymaneShadow

#47 » Post by AymaneShadow » 08 May 2017 20:31

Thank Nyeriah for your explanatory post, I learned a lot from it since I wasn't aware of how things go "backstage".
And Matsy, your concerns are not misplaced, though they could have been articulated better.

Anyways, I just wanted to say maybe we could reach a good compromise:

• Revert back to the old core (is it possible?), with almost all latest raids working close to 100%, population will just have to deal with a stagnant phase for the next 2 years, this means little to no fixes for TrueWoW (unless a new actor comes into play). TrueWoW will stay like it is until the merge with PrimalWoW. And that's better than having to deal with the LACK of fixes that's comes with the new core, isn't it?
  • Focus on Primal-WoW, live your progression experience, when it reaches wotlk do all of the fixes you need to do, which will be based on the lastest TrinityCore updates, when it reaches the same experiance or probably even better experiance that has been in TrueWoW for the past few years, then merge / transfer chars from TrueWow to PrimalWoW (hopefully will not be too difficult).
If this is not a good solution please explain why, I mean with the old core not many changes will have to be made anyways, in other words, I don't see where is the urgency of the new core switch and unfortunatly it seems that the damage that will result from it will be very noticeable since our community at the moment in TrueWoW isn't strong enough to withstand one last blow as big as this, but we could deal with mobs evading attacks, or Blood Queen deciding to reset encounter from time to time for the next two years.

Peace.

Kniteknite

#48 » Post by Kniteknite » 09 May 2017 14:32

There are good reasons why We are here~ ;)
" French fries are like steaks, where the potato is the cow and gets cut up, like meat does, only on a smaller scale. "

Araminta

#49 » Post by Araminta » 13 May 2017 11:47

Just enable transfers already so I can get Tier 3 and Naxx stuff on Primal Wow. Clearly I won't ever be able to get it on TrueWow.