[TW] We are Guinea Pigs? #2

Archive of discussions that have went stale. Lots o' dust over here!
Matsy

[TW] We are Guinea Pigs? #2

#1 » Post by Matsy » 05 May 2017 18:24

Nyeriah:
"Open bug reports about the reported issues and they'll be fixed. We are fixing content every day. There's no room for threads like this that contribute with nothing."

I respectfully disagree, this topic needs to be addressed as its very clear this IS whats going on, no use trying to censor it.
Its an issue that cannot be talked about elsewhere. This is NOTHING to do with bug reports. You still have not answered why this is getting pushed onto us and what TW gets from it (Gnurg put it better, read the screenshots)..

Its been outright admitted we are being used to test new updates for a different server

So i'll post again.....

Some interesting things have been said recently that I feel needs its own thread.
There is no way to quote this properly as the quote feature doesn't seem to be working correctly, so i'll just post screenshots.
I wont post the image itself just the link as the text is long.

1. http://oi67.tinypic.com/238aoo.jpg
2. http://oi63.tinypic.com/vxoyly.jpg
3. http://oi63.tinypic.com/2ilevww.jpg
4. http://oi65.tinypic.com/2h6cbp1.jpg
5. http://oi66.tinypic.com/2cdfxhd.jpg
6. http://oi66.tinypic.com/ba61.jpg

Multiple people have been saying whats going on for a long time and how TW is being treated, the staff have been denying it for so long and we have just had an omission from Flooded that TW is being used as a testing ground, we are guinea pigs for the new wotlk progression realm (stormhold?)

Some staff feedback would be appreciated as I don't think I am the only one who is not happy with this.

Feel free to give me a forum vacation if you want to censor this.
Matsy pls
Mats - Frost PVE Troll Death Knight - Retired
Matsy - Moonkin/Restoration Druid (Laz0r Chicken)
Mat - Beastmaster Orc Hunter
Matz -Retribution Paladin
Matu - Troll Shadow Priest
Bolts - Elemental Troll Shaman
Kungfu - Orc Fury Warrior
Trollage - Troll Arcane Mage
Mato - Orc Affliction Warlock
Findme - Troll Assassination Rogue

I Pity the Fool who's illogical
Friends are just people you hate the least
I reject your reality and substitute my own

Joh0239

Re: [TW] We are Guinea Pigs? #2

#2 » Post by Joh0239 » 05 May 2017 18:47

GM's please. I understand you don't like these sort of posts but can you please not locking them? We want to voice our opinion on this subject and it doesn't help that you're censoring ppl's posts/replies and do premature locking.

The new core have fucked up TW completely with there is a minimum of 1 boss in every raid that is totally undoable. We're losing ppl as it is and it doesn't help that we can't even raid without relying on a gm to fix a bugged encounter.

We need to voice our opinion because the new core have fucked up so many things which makes TW unplayable. So please stop locking the posts
Mandatory Character List:
Zortax - Fury/Prot
Zortix - Boomkin/Restoration
Zortex - MM
Thepower - Enha/Restoration
Zortux - Prot/Ret
Discbelf - Shadow/Disc
Deathen - Frost/Blood
Oombacca - Restoration/Feral(bear)
Kelbert - Demonology
Froxy - Arcane/Fire

Deim

#3 » Post by Deim » 05 May 2017 18:58

Meh u keep on spamming forums while it won't change anything. Truewow population burned out. You won't rebuild it no matter how hard you try. Nowadays fresh wotlk realms are the thing with all the "progressive" (to some major or lesser extent) hype. Amount of people willing to join fully progressed 3.3.5a realm is marginal.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVED TrueWoW realm. Spent there quite a lot of time, maybe I didn't get all achivments and didn't progress whole content but when my friends left no amount of nostalgia could keep me there.

Primal and Stormhold (if it ever get released is the future of community here) Even if TW is testing ground right now, that wont change the fact the best administraton along with commnity could do is to prolong it's agonal existance with ultra low pop for current standards. The decline started long ago even before release of Primal. Fixing shit is relevant even if it's not gonna serve TW for long.

TL:DR
Pop died, some things to fix required update just like in past years, testing ground or not at agonal state anyway.
TrueWoW - Retired
PrimalWoW - Retired
Rest in pepperoni Crimson
RIP in pepperoni Aftershock
Spokesman of Aftershock in case of any questions/complaints hit me up in game or via PM.

Disclaimer: What I write on behalf guild doesn't always corelate with my own beliefs.

oooooooooolde
Donor

#4 » Post by oooooooooolde » 05 May 2017 21:56

Completely agree with deim

And if old core wasnt able to recieve trinitycore fixes then i see it as a shortterm loss for a long term investment in all our realms

Matsy

#5 » Post by Matsy » 05 May 2017 21:58

Easy to say when you have no investment into TW, pitty not many people actually visit the forum.
Matsy pls

Jiranthos
Admin

#6 » Post by Jiranthos » 05 May 2017 23:12

I've a huge investment in TW, I'm on the quests ladder, achievement ladder, had two solid years of running a guild in its prime. Did testing, did some scripting now, too. Basically, I could say I've done as much as Gnurg here, I think, generally (not precisely accurately) speaking, and I have to side with the staff here (duh) and Deim.
I see the true insider info. And I'm not disappointed in my colleagues. We do not get a cent, we care about our realms and you wouldn't believe the shit these people have to go through to make it seamless and easy.
We, the staff, the testers, the community and guild leaders, developers, people that submit fixes, people that report spammers, report bugs, people that vote daily, we're all in the same boat and we're all contributing to the same cause. We're not getting paid or any awards for our work. We're doing this solely for your entertainment. I'm one of those people whose character is worth a lot. It'd be a real good shame to lose all that progress. But I understand it's not the staff's fault if that happens.
Yes, raids may be bugged as hell now, but if you're really so invested in TrueWoW, love it so much, and want to help it, please just report bugs if you can't help fix them.
Just complaining won't work. Every second wasted typing about "censorship", molten and power abuses and Guinea pigs, is seconds not used to fix said problems.
You literally cannot hold or treat staff indifferent or complain. This is not a product, not a business. It's like Linux. Community made, free, and is only going to be as good as its users and contributors. So get out there and make some bug reports, and stop wasting everybody's time with the "can I speak to the manager, I've been wronged" attitude here, where none of that applies by definition, as it's literally not helping your goal (unless your goal is wasting staff time and in turn, transitively sabotaging TW). Be logical, make rational decisions, help move towards that goal.
You have the right to ask why we need a new core.
But the discussions that have been here are just hateful and unnecessary. Use the Scientific method. Use collective contribution. Stop being so nearsighted and selfishly hurting everyone around you and disrespecting restless, selfless hard work. It's sickening.

Everybody knows that the best way to describe the ocean to a blind man is to push him in

Matsy

#7 » Post by Matsy » 05 May 2017 23:39

All that drivel and you still haven't answered the question...why did you push this onto TW that has pretty much everything of importance working at a time when the population is plummeting? What does tw get out of this update?

Grung puts it much better than i can so ill just quote her.
"Yes, because random small fixes are worth bugging the realm for. Last time I understand why there was a need for a core update, as it would eventually ensure that Ulduar and Icecrown Citadel could be fully scripted, but this time it's purely due to PrimalWoW-reasons. With the old core, all the major raids and most daily activities on TrueWoW worked perfectly fine, so why you wouldn't keep TrueWoW on the old core is beyond me.

If you could throughout explain what the new core would provide TrueWoW without just linking TrinityCore's 3.3.5 branch's commit list, that would be something I am looking forward to.

I am at least, for now, convinced that this update is for PrimalWoW. With its TBC-hype growth, having some down-time on that realm would be bad PR, so you ensure that it's stable by testing it on the old realm."

Just explain why tw needs the new core as the only reason i can see (and has been admitted by flooded) is to test it before putting it onto other servers (pw and stormhold)

All you need to say is that tw is old, its not your priority anymore and you are moving onto other things (pw and stormhold) so the tw community knows exactly where it stands....

You see my posts as an attack on the staff and being a baby from what you wrote, i see it as worried about the server ive been on for 6-7 years and where its headed.
Matsy pls

Chatsnap

#8 » Post by Chatsnap » 06 May 2017 00:06

They have given you an answer, just not the one you expected or was hoping for. A core update doesn't mean the developers stopped caring for Truewow, I would rather say the opposite.

Flooded didn't admit what you claim, stop using strawman arguments. Seriously, stop playing the victim and grow up.

Matsy

#9 » Post by Matsy » 06 May 2017 00:14

Look at pic 4 and say that again.
He literally said tw is being used to test the update.

And no they haven't given an answer.

Also from your name you are from pw, cant find anything on tw, the bias is enormous as you benefit from this, you wouldn't be happy if this was happening to your server.
Matsy pls

Triblatri

#10 » Post by Triblatri » 06 May 2017 00:58

I will just give one tip to GM-s : before anyone of you write something mail eachother so you dont make these mistakes , its stupid and retarded , you shit in different directions , and dont think its just Matsy or Gnurg all TW know that new core is test for PW but just GM-s act dumb and say its for TW good, no its not!And i feel Matsy, all these years spent on this server, what im gonna do with my toons now? wait PW to merge TW in few years? afk in Dalaran?

Chatsnap

#11 » Post by Chatsnap » 06 May 2017 01:12

So I am a PW-player, and not a TW-player? :DDDDDD

Yes, Flooded says there aren't enough people on the PTR to test the new core? Do you seriously believe this new core update is only meant for PW, maybe Stormhold later, and that TW won't benefit at all? You're mistaken if you think Flooded was implying that TW is some sort of PTR for PW and SH. Your ICC might have been working fine before the update, but there were some serious pathing issues and class machanics that were bugged as hell (which you never experienced because you had your ass stuck in ICC clicking four rotational spells while pressing the S-key) before the update.

The new core might seem shit in the beginning, but earlier core updates also fucked the server before the devs applied their fixes. I am sure the update is a better option than the old core, for TW, PW and future realms.

The people behind the project do it for free, so stop acting like a spoilt kid. If you don't like, then don't play. I'm sure there's plenty of other things to do in your mom's basement.

Verdande
Former Staff

#12 » Post by Verdande » 06 May 2017 01:14

There's nothing long term about the TrueWoW realm, it's been on a decline for a long while now and it wouldn't suprise me if it was gone by the end of the year.

I find it disrespectful towards the remaining population that the staff has chosen to force them to go through the development phase once more, when there's close to no gain for them. You say they should contribute by reporting stuff, but why should they need to discover every single bug and wait for it to be fixed again when the old core had it covered? People primarly raided the level 80 instances, which all were working more than well enough.

I for one would just let the TrueWoW players play their remaining days on the old core, where their daily activities are perfectly doable and enjoyable. Don't let the different projects influence each other, pick what's best for each realm.

Gnurg ^.~

Triblatri

#13 » Post by Triblatri » 06 May 2017 11:04

Your ICC might have been working fine before the update, but there were some serious pathing issues and class machanics that were bugged as hell (which you never experienced because you had your ass stuck in ICC clicking four rotational spells while pressing the S-key) before the update.
Chatsnap , you did any Icc on new core? Only thing that is fixed with new core in icc is that resto druids and disco/shadow priest stack UM on Sindragosa,
now let me tell you whats bugged : Lady if you wipe Icc is done if there is no GM to help, cus she will count as dead,cannons on gunship have delay of one shot,dbw gives you combat bug and you need to go thro door to upper , and when you enter upper , trap from rotface and fester activate and almost in 70% its wipe cus ppl are not stacking (not always same players and know this so they late) PP red ozze run away from players (thats good bug but still count as bug)Sindra give UM to hunters and paladins (everything that have mana count as caster and get UM ) so hunters and paladins stack UM and chill, LK on transition winter hit players even on edge on some places , Valks know to grab players in air so only range dps can nuke them , vile spirits dance up/down before they hit and grabed player from valk got defile while was carried and almost wiped raid(we had to let him die)
So my point Chatsnap HR 3-4 weeks before new Core did 11/12 icc25hc bosses , we had even nice tries on LK, now we lose players with new core, i remember last week in HR before new core there was 40+ players ready to raid but now we have 20 max.
BTW THIS IS ONLY FOR ICC , VoA,Uludar,Naxx even tbc raids ilidan,TK,ssc are bugged, so its easy to write here without loging on TW to check and about classes we got more bugges then fixes it was easier to fix few classes that had problem on last core then now

x00er00

#14 » Post by x00er00 » 06 May 2017 13:00

I've took the time to read trough the whole pile of topics regarding the core change and i am simply amazed ( in the bad way ) as to what ppls are saying....

You are complaining about the newly found bugs in the new core while on one hand beeing certain that with the old core while there were minimal bugs there was no way to go forward and apply to it new fixes and so things will just stagnate and nothing would have been gained ( with ppls just afking in Dalaran ) .......and on the other hand ppls complain that oh my... there was a new core forced onto us and omg there are some bugs ! (so what about it ? ) There is no way to progress for the future of the server and its realms if this core change didn't happen.

Alot of ppls talk about their investment .... ( their investment ? ) and like that alone allows them to complain and demand and hate all day long ... since we opened this topic let me tell you about my investment ( my main character exists since the autumn of 2004 when i first created her back on Ravencrest ).... and all my free time went into playing with her trough all these years until we finally merged with Truewow ... it is certainly a long time and every time i log her i rember the ppls that shaped my game play experience until today and in a way i relive all those memories - all those on Ravencrest , Gaming Consortium and now Truewow.
I don't share Gnurg's point of view about the future of truewow even if due to lack of ppls there will be nothing to do until the merge between PW and TW in the future. -A dedicated player can always find something to do ...even if like some ppls claim ( wich i don't belive ) - that Truewow is now a testing realm for and of the new core.

By spotting bugs and helping on the tester team we can / we are making sure that all those memories and all those ppls that i've wrote about above still have a home , and if at a certain point they would choose to come back to this expansion everything will be one login away for them... even if it means i have to test things alone all day long, to me this would be something worthwhile and i would do it with a big smile on my face since i will be giving back something small to the wonderfull comunity and staff that gave ( and are still giving ) me and others so much all these years.

At long last i simply would like to point to you Matsy in the friendly way that you began since a loong way back to sound like Zsombe and Dropdead and Apathy and others of their ilk... other ppls are coming close to that too.... it is dissapointing to have all that coming from you... instead of helping in any way you are just spreading hate with all those topics you spammed lately.

Instead of firing flack fire to the staff we should be helping them as we could.... and read again Jiranthos's post i find it to be inspirational....
Byleth...

Chillmaster

#15 » Post by Chillmaster » 06 May 2017 15:52

So staff wants the remaining pop to figure out all the bugs so they can apply fixes and have a perfect server on Primal and stormwhatever the fuck it is, when they are not even going to play on those servers, "we don`t get paid" well no one asked you to be a GM in first place, you are not happy? quit, easy, simple. The staff in TrueWoW in its majority is just a joke and the funniest thing about it is that they actually think they are smart. I pity the dummies reporting bugs right now