[TW] List of Features Lost on New Core

Archive of discussions that have went stale. Lots o' dust over here!
Floss

Re: [TW] List of Features Lost on New Core

#46 » Post by Floss » 02 May 2017 10:57

Nyeriah wrote:
01 May 2017 14:12
Floss wrote:
01 May 2017 11:50
Logged in the other day to check it out.

Hunter Traps can no longer be seen... :O
That's how they're supposed to work.
In stealth , Rogues should be able to see and disarm traps (with or without extra detection talent).

testeromir

#47 » Post by testeromir » 03 May 2017 16:44

Old bug with pets is back: when u activate some spell on autocast for pet and then mount and dismount its deactivated.
Truewow:
Proghaan
Testera
Woden
Taman
Mudu
Testeram
Gemark
Frithell
Nibghaan

Primalwow:
Proghaan

Wilcox

#48 » Post by Wilcox » 04 May 2017 02:36

Nyeriah wrote:
30 Apr 2017 17:26
Testing content isn't a staff responsibility alone. Even if every single staff member was dismissed from their responsibilities and did nothing but testing there would still be issues, but you simply can't even have such engagement. Players were aware we would be transitioning to this restarted core for about half a year and more for what it seems to have led them into not a single bug report submitted.

If you were here the last time we implemented a stock TrinityCore and started reapplying our fixes to it you'll probably know it took a couple of weeks until everything was back as it was before.

Sure we could have waited longer with this but that would also mean that our development is also in a vulnerable state while so much is being held back due to the transition process.
but you got testers all you gotta do is ask!

Gnurg

#49 » Post by Gnurg » 04 May 2017 11:51

Wilcox wrote:
04 May 2017 02:36
Nyeriah wrote:
30 Apr 2017 17:26
Testing content isn't a staff responsibility alone. Even if every single staff member was dismissed from their responsibilities and did nothing but testing there would still be issues, but you simply can't even have such engagement. Players were aware we would be transitioning to this restarted core for about half a year and more for what it seems to have led them into not a single bug report submitted.

If you were here the last time we implemented a stock TrinityCore and started reapplying our fixes to it you'll probably know it took a couple of weeks until everything was back as it was before.

Sure we could have waited longer with this but that would also mean that our development is also in a vulnerable state while so much is being held back due to the transition process.
but you got testers all you gotta do is ask!

It's just a poor excuse to push the blame elsewhere. There's a reason TrueWoW got the core update before PrimalWoW, and that's because they don't care about TrueWoW anymore. They use TrueWoW for testing, so PrimalWoW won't experience many core transition problems, even if the new core won't benefit TrueWoW in any way.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

Roel
Founder

#50 » Post by Roel » 04 May 2017 12:47

I think Nyeriah is handling it really well considering the salt she is getting for her work. The reason is because a reset would have been more troublesome for PW during the Vanilla phase, otherwise it would have been done way sooner. The TBC release is the perfect time because we would have to reset the database anyway. Basically last year we already knew the date to update PW but we didn't know if TW would be updated before or after that. Doing them at the same time would be the most risky option. Personally I think doing something sooner rather than later is generally done by people who care.

Gnurg

#51 » Post by Gnurg » 04 May 2017 14:08

Roel wrote:
04 May 2017 12:47
I think Nyeriah is handling it really well considering the salt she is getting for her work. The reason is because a reset would have been more troublesome for PW during the Vanilla phase, otherwise it would have been done way sooner. The TBC release is the perfect time because we would have to reset the database anyway. Basically last year we already knew the date to update PW but we didn't know if TW would be updated before or after that. Doing them at the same time would be the most risky option. Personally I think doing something sooner rather than later is generally done by people who care.

PrimalWoW, PrimalWoW, PrimalWoW.

Why did we even need to change core for TrueWoW? We weren't getting any relevant updates for TrueWoW and we are unlikely to get any in the future anyways (besides what got broken on the change). We could just have kept TrueWoW on the same stable version instead of being guinea-pigs for PrimalWoW.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
KTHXBYE

loveable

#52 » Post by loveable » 04 May 2017 15:00

Gnurg wrote:
04 May 2017 14:08
Roel wrote:
04 May 2017 12:47

PrimalWoW, PrimalWoW, PrimalWoW.

Why did we even need to change core for TrueWoW? We weren't getting any relevant updates for TrueWoW and we are unlikely to get any in the future anyways (besides what got broken on the change). We could just have kept TrueWoW on the same stable version instead of being guinea-pigs for PrimalWoW.
sadly they did it exactly when server pop was growing ...
Beating Everything In WoW -> Ghost <-
Get Rekt , Get Rekt , Get Rekt = RBG
Get Rekt , Get Rekt , Get Rekt = Not RBG

Tenebro
Honorary Member

#53 » Post by Tenebro » 04 May 2017 16:53

Quest Inside the Frozen Citadel from Dark Ranger Vorel in Dalaran reseted on my main, I took it and completed it inside FoS but chain didn't continued so only first quest reseted for no reason also on quest ladder I lost some other quests too since I have less than I had.

Enigma

#54 » Post by Enigma » 05 May 2017 10:52

nvm resolved :D
Last edited by Enigma on 05 May 2017 15:16, edited 1 time in total.
" From this buried well of consciousness(...)
Everyone becomes anonymous"

Elena Siegman - Always running

Matsy

#55 » Post by Matsy » 05 May 2017 14:07

Find it suspicious how you are very reluctant to answer a simple question (@ staff)
You decided to implement a buggy core onto a server that was relatively stable and didn't really need anything of relevance fixing (because its stuck on 3.3.5 nothing is changing) so you can use TW as a guinea pig before you put it onto PW. Yes TW has some issues but not enough to screw over the playerbase for however long this is going to take to fix....
Just a matter of time before the url changes to https://primalwow.org

aaaaaaand again
Your on a mission now arn't you Eronox? its on topic considering whats been said in here and not answered, leave it alone.

I'll pop Gnurgs post here you are censoring as its relevant as-well
Gnurg wrote:
05 May 2017 13:59

Yes, because random small fixes are worth bugging the realm for. Last time I understand why there was a need for a core update, as it would eventually ensure that Ulduar and Icecrown Citadel could be fully scripted, but this time it's purely due to PrimalWoW-reasons. With the old core, all the major raids and most daily activities on TrueWoW worked perfectly fine, so why you wouldn't keep TrueWoW on the old core is beyond me.

If you could throughout explain what the new core would provide TrueWoW without just linking TrinityCore's 3.3.5 branch's commit list, that would be something I am looking forward to.

I am at least, for now, convinced that this update is for PrimalWoW. With its TBC-hype growth, having some down-time on that realm would be bad PR, so you ensure that it's stable by testing it on the old realm. That's my opinion, and hopefully, it gets to stand without me having to receive too many forum-warnings or being censored (don't go full Molten on me, eh?).
Matsy pls
Mats - Frost PVE Troll Death Knight - Retired
Matsy - Moonkin/Restoration Druid (Laz0r Chicken)
Mat - Beastmaster Orc Hunter
Matz -Retribution Paladin
Matu - Troll Shadow Priest
Bolts - Elemental Troll Shaman
Kungfu - Orc Fury Warrior
Trollage - Troll Arcane Mage
Mato - Orc Affliction Warlock
Findme - Troll Assassination Rogue

I Pity the Fool who's illogical
Friends are just people you hate the least
I reject your reality and substitute my own

Eronox
MVP

#56 » Post by Eronox » 05 May 2017 14:15

tbf ur post originates as response to another thread, hence continous delete, and now you're just trying to lie yourself out of it 'cus ure on the edge but is k :)

There's things that never will be right I know, and things need changin' everywhere you go.
But 'til we start to make a move to make a few things right,
You'll never see me wear a suit of white.

- J.R Cash

Matsy

#57 » Post by Matsy » 05 May 2017 14:16

I posted in both threads for a reason.
Guessing you forgot about that while on a mission to censor me, you must miss molten :(

Also the post wasn't a response to any one person, only reason I posted in offtopic is because of
Nyeriah wrote:
04 May 2017 22:49
Gnurg wrote:
04 May 2017 20:12

What got resolved with the core update?

https://github.com/TrinityCore/TrinityC ... mits/3.3.5

You know how to figure that yourself, so stop being an ass.
which is also relevant.
Matsy pls
Mats - Frost PVE Troll Death Knight - Retired
Matsy - Moonkin/Restoration Druid (Laz0r Chicken)
Mat - Beastmaster Orc Hunter
Matz -Retribution Paladin
Matu - Troll Shadow Priest
Bolts - Elemental Troll Shaman
Kungfu - Orc Fury Warrior
Trollage - Troll Arcane Mage
Mato - Orc Affliction Warlock
Findme - Troll Assassination Rogue

I Pity the Fool who's illogical
Friends are just people you hate the least
I reject your reality and substitute my own

Flooded
Former Staff

#58 » Post by Flooded » 05 May 2017 15:13

Let's assume for a moment here that the server staff wants both TrueWoW and PrimalWoW to succeed. You can put all the blame onto us for any particular issue you find playing here. We accept that responsiblity when we choose to run a server, but I feel that several of you here are frustrated at specific individuals within the server staff.

What will come of your blaming ultimately? Do you really want those individuals to no longer work on the realm? Who will take their places? Ask yourselves really what you want from TrueWoW because its hard to read through your negativity.

I understand everyone is frustrated with the core change, but its something that has to be done for the future of both realms. We know it is easier to see the problems that come with the new core than what gets solved.

The goal behind PrimalWoW as a project is to flesh out the Vanilla/TBC raids within the 3.3.5 client to be more complete. Is this not something the TrueWoW community is interested in?

Theres alot you don't get to see that happens internally. We put hours into this server's well being every day. We know you're not happy. Theres not some deliberate plan to dismantle the TrueWoW realm as much as you might believe it to be.

Gnurg

#59 » Post by Gnurg » 05 May 2017 15:35

Flooded wrote:
05 May 2017 15:13
I understand everyone is frustrated with the core change, but its something that has to be done for the future of both realms. We know it is easier to see the problems that come with the new core than what gets solved.

Why does it HAVE to be done for TrueWoW as well? All the daily activities like battlegrounds, dungeons and relevant raids were working completely fine and had little to no room for improvements.

Flooded wrote: Let's assume for a moment here that the server staff wants both TrueWoW and PrimalWoW to succeed. You can put all the blame onto us for any particular issue you find playing here. We accept that responsiblity when we choose to run a server, but I feel that several of you here are frustrated at specific individuals within the server staff.

Besides Matsy being angry at Eronox for censoring him, I don't really see how the frustration is directed at individuals, so I don't see why you need to bring that up.

Flooded wrote: The goal behind PrimalWoW as a project is to flesh out the Vanilla/TBC raids within the 3.3.5 client to be more complete. Is this not something the TrueWoW community is interested in?

Regardless of how well working the raids will become, all of them are a walkover at level 80, at least with ICC gear. When it comes to the already working encounters, we rarely look up tactics, but just go full ham and clear the instance in minimal time. It'll likely be the same for whatever PrimalWoW brings us, with perhaps an exception with the chess event, which might be fun if it's tuned properly.

If they wanted to do Vanilla/TBC stuff, they would be playing on PrimalWoW, as it's slightly more interesting when it has some challenge in it. So if the purpose, as I already assumed, is to improve non-WotLK content, then I don't see why TrueWoW wasn't kept on the old core.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
KTHXBYE

Flooded
Former Staff

#60 » Post by Flooded » 05 May 2017 15:38

If it isn't released for TrueWoW, how will we prepare the core for a future WotLK realm?