Is this your Twitter account?

Archive of discussions that have went stale. Lots o' dust over here!
necropola
Donor

Is this your Twitter account?

#1 » Post by necropola » 17 Apr 2017 13:55

I am the beginning. The end. The one who is many. I am the Borg

Eronox
MVP

Re: Is this your Twitter account?

#2 » Post by Eronox » 17 Apr 2017 14:09

Our official Social-Media pages are as following:

However, they are not all used as frequently anymore. The facebook one is thanks to our lovely Game Master IronSharona, maybe she will cover twitter and YouTube too who knows? :P
IronSharona wrote:IronSharona

There's things that never will be right I know, and things need changin' everywhere you go.
But 'til we start to make a move to make a few things right,
You'll never see me wear a suit of white.

- J.R Cash

necropola
Donor

#3 » Post by necropola » 17 Apr 2017 15:22

not all used as frequently anymore
is quite an understatement.
  • The last post on Twitter is more than 2 years old.
  • The last video/playlist update on YT is also more than 2 years old.
I found a PrimalWoW TBC trailor on Eronox' channel
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwIm85wFU6o
but not on the official channel (not even in a playlist).

An inactive account actually hurts TrueWoW/PrimalWoW because it implicitly states that the server is dead.

Facebook is very annyoing to use when not having an account (and who would create one nowadays?)
What about reddit? Does TrueWoW have an offical reddit acount?

As it stands TrueWoW is pretty much non-existent in social media which means staff isn't posting anything and -- even worse -- anybody willing to contribute does not know where.

This makes me sad.
Last edited by necropola on 17 Apr 2017 16:03, edited 2 times in total.

KohiiKaiju

#4 » Post by KohiiKaiju » 17 Apr 2017 15:42

Staff and players use https://www.reddit.com/r/wowservers/ most of the social media platforms.

Flooded
Former Staff

#5 » Post by Flooded » 17 Apr 2017 15:46

We usually have members of the community post on Reddit as to not break any rules of their community, but we do monitor and comment within threads.

Gnurg

#6 » Post by Gnurg » 17 Apr 2017 15:48

A blizzlike 1x rates World of Warcraft private server, patched to 3.3.5a, we replicate what WoW was before Cataclyms. No hacks, no customs, active PVE and PVP.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

Jiranthos
Admin

#7 » Post by Jiranthos » 17 Apr 2017 20:12

Like aforementioned, we use Reddit a whole lot. It also seems to be the main platform for legacy servers, whereas FB/YT/Twitter are outdated platforms that are seldom used anyway and can be only used to reach old players (that have left), in my opinion, in contrast of getting new people to join. Our realms are also advertised by reviewers such as Tommyruin (most recently) and we are also active on the official legacy servers/private servers discord channel (not our discord, but the big one), that many private-server scene people frequent and reach out to.

TL;DR
we are very active on platforms that are legacy-server based, where people go to get legacy-servers and discuss them, specifically
we are inactive on platforms that have nothing to do with WoW or WoW private servers generally, although we strive to change that.

Everybody knows that the best way to describe the ocean to a blind man is to push him in

Gnurg

#8 » Post by Gnurg » 17 Apr 2017 20:33

Jiranthos wrote:
17 Apr 2017 20:12
Like aforementioned, we use Reddit a whole lot. It also seems to be the main platform for legacy servers, whereas FB/YT/Twitter are outdated platforms that are seldom used anyway and can be only used to reach old players (that have left), in my opinion, in contrast of getting new people to join. Our realms are also advertised by reviewers such as Tommyruin (most recently) and we are also active on the official legacy servers/private servers discord channel (not our discord, but the big one), that many private-server scene people frequent and reach out to.

TL;DR
we are very active on platforms that are legacy-server based, where people go to get legacy-servers and discuss them, specifically
we are inactive on platforms that have nothing to do with WoW or WoW private servers generally, although we strive to change that.

We can still disable that twitter account, though.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

IronSharona
Former Staff

#9 » Post by IronSharona » 17 Apr 2017 20:44

Wait, when did I become so old that nobody uses Facebook and Twitter anymore? Are you all serious? I know Snapchat is more popular but I don't know ANYONE who doesn't have a Facebook, under the age of 50...

Re: Eronox - I'd be happy to pick up some of the old accounts but I don't have access to them right now. But if they're old and archaic anyway I guess I'll just go lay down and wait for the fate of the dinosaurs to catch up to me too... Lol
Welcome to the new decade! Let's hope the Roaring 20's come with just as much jazz, but a bit less prohibition and Great Depression. 8-)

necropola
Donor

#10 » Post by necropola » 17 Apr 2017 23:37

Calling Twitter and YT outdated or old is a little far-fetched. Maybe true for FB ...

I know that most of the TrueWoW/PrimalWoW related discussion (outside of the TrueWoW forum) is on reddit (/r/wowservers/), but choosing the right medium should not only depend on where I already meet the most like-minded people, but also on the type of information being shared.

Sure, I can "tweet" on /r/wowservers and also share videos I have uploaded somewhere ... but every medium has its strength and weaknesses (discord is good when used for voice/text chat but horrible as a forrum/newsgroup substitude). And you might even be able to reach more people by not restricting yourself to "only reddit".

We have an ongoing talk here on how to grow the player base. Isn't it about time to think about reaching out?
At least Twitter, YouTube, discord (own server) and reddit should be active channels where people will find PrimalWoW/TrueWoW content and get the impression that a lot is going on.

For a start: Post (re-share) interesting news, links, videos on Twitter ... (as Elyseum does).

Nyeriah

#11 » Post by Nyeriah » 17 Apr 2017 23:51

I have the feeling that if you aren't already popular or somewhat have a consistent group of followers you're basically reaching no one at twitter. We can make it more lively though, we can try to make it more lively. We have just recently recovered the access to it anyway, it was held by staff members that left the server.

necropola
Donor

#12 » Post by necropola » 18 Apr 2017 00:15

Well, I have the feeling that you will not get an audience without posting content. :-)
Time will show ... I also think we should not only regard the private server scene as potential players, but MMO players in general. Someone might be bored with his/her current MMO and be happy to undertake a WoW Nostalgia trip. And there is simply no better server/realm to do this than PrimalWoW. :-)

BTW, YouTube or rather Google in general allows to create brand accounts (connected to your main account). Brand Accounts can have more than one Manager (even with owner permission). So, Eronox could for example upload his TBC trailer to the TrueWoW brand account ...