I decided to give Primal WoW a chance...

Archive of discussions that have went stale. Lots o' dust over here!
primal.wow.paladin

I decided to give Primal WoW a chance...

#1 » Post by primal.wow.paladin » 04 Apr 2017 04:45

I decided to give Primal WoW a chance... but that was quickly destroyed. Danae decided to take it upon him/herself to berate me and pretend that he/she is a Game Master.

https://truewow.org/armory/character.ph ... ae&realm=p

Congratulations.... you've just lost another player. No wonder your population is so small... your "staff" is extremely rude and belligerent towards others.

I'm sure a dev or someone else will soon delete this thread --because let's face it...you don't want anyone else to see the TRUE behavior of your TRUE WoW employees. Hypocrites.

Nyeriah

Re: Finding a larger population.

#2 » Post by Nyeriah » 04 Apr 2017 05:30

I have watched the chat logs and I don't see anyone being overly berated. Also, for a fact she's a staff member, so she wasn't really pretending. Some people were being overly toxic at public channels and they were asked to settle down; that was it.

For the records I disapprove staff members moderating channels from their player characters due to such misunderstandings, it's a practice that shouldn't be and certainly isn't an habit of ours.

I am sorry that you had a bad experience, but your experience alone doesn't reflect the demeanor we follow through, it's not the experience we provide. Your reaction is to say at least disproportional.

If you or anyone has any issues with any staff members, you can send it to any of the admins and they'll take it through and look at your case.

Brennus

#3 » Post by Brennus » 04 Apr 2017 09:06

primal.wow.paladin wrote:
04 Apr 2017 04:45
I decided to give Primal WoW a chance... but that was quickly destroyed. Danae decided to take it upon him/herself to berate me and pretend that he/she is a Game Master.

Congratulations.... you've just lost another player. No wonder your population is so small... your "staff" is extremely rude and belligerent towards others.

I'm sure a dev or someone else will soon delete this thread --because let's face it...you don't want anyone else to see the TRUE behavior of your TRUE WoW employees. Hypocrites.

What exactly happened, mate, that destroyed your experience here?
Telling us (the community) would be the first step in improving it.

As Nyeriah suggested, you might have overreacted???

If so, I don't blame you.
Life can be really stressful sometimes. Or perhaps you may have seen toxicity where others would not.

Anyway, why not give it another try?
Remember, you can always report bad behaviour here.
Keep in mind you might stumble upon trolls anytime. This is the internet and that happens.
If you are patient, you might even enjoy and have fun with the shitstorm.
It all just depends on your open-mindedness and how seriously you take this game.

I can't know for sure If you still read these forums or whether you are willing to follow my advice or not.
Sorry if I seem too noisy, but I had to put my opinion in here because (I believe that) every person we can convince to stay a little more makes TW/PW closer to greatness.

Sorry for the off-topic.
And yes, I know I'm a dreamer sometimes.
Last edited by Brennus on 06 Apr 2017 06:49, edited 1 time in total.
•     Currently No longer Once again retired (now it's for real)     •

Gnurg

#4 » Post by Gnurg » 04 Apr 2017 09:15

It took you one day from creating your forum account to making up your opinion. You A don't dare to show your TRUE self, you B get triggered over nothing or you C don't really play here and just want to spread bad rumours about the server.

They're not employees, they're volunteers. They don't get paid for their services.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

diawowwrath

#5 » Post by diawowwrath » 04 Apr 2017 14:06

Show me a server anywhere with a population more agreeable and a staff more helpful than on Primalwow. List them please. The small pop here has nothing whatsoever to do with the staff.

There isn't any server where the population will come help strangers and new folks as often as here. There isn't any server where GMs answer your questions in world chat right away, or your tickets in MINUTES and stand there right next to you to help you through whatever difficulty you are having.

<Edited, because this post was moved out of my thread.>
Last edited by diawowwrath on 04 Apr 2017 22:01, edited 1 time in total.

Deim

#6 » Post by Deim » 04 Apr 2017 16:40

diawowwrath wrote:
04 Apr 2017 14:06
2. This thread isn't going to be deleted, because it's not about you or your hurt feelings. You hijacking this thread for your own crap, INSTEAD of making a ticket, talking to Admin, or making your own goddamn thread kinda indicates what a schmuck you are.
That's true. I'd suggest admins to move the drama part to separate thread so this one keeps it's original purpose?
TrueWoW - Retired
PrimalWoW - Retired
Rest in pepperoni Crimson
RIP in pepperoni Aftershock
Spokesman of Aftershock in case of any questions/complaints hit me up in game or via PM.

Disclaimer: What I write on behalf guild doesn't always corelate with my own beliefs.

Jiranthos
Admin

Re: I decided to give Primal WoW a chance...

#7 » Post by Jiranthos » 04 Apr 2017 20:54

Done.

Everybody knows that the best way to describe the ocean to a blind man is to push him in

Agame

#8 » Post by Agame » 04 Apr 2017 21:21

diawowwrath wrote:
04 Apr 2017 14:06
Show me a server anywhere with a population more agreeable and a staff more helpful than on Primalwow. List them please. The small pop here has nothing whatsoever to do with the staff, and only an idiot would relate the pop size to their own myopic, half-baked ideas about staff.

There isn't any server where the population will come help strangers and new folks as often as here. There isn't any server where GMs answer your questions in world chat right away, or your tickets in MINUTES and stand there right next to you to help you through whatever difficulty you are having.

If you were acting like a Dbag, which no doubt you were and got called out on it, I'm sorry your feeling were hurt.

Also
1. GMs should never talk to you from personal account as anything other than a random player. That's true.
2. This thread isn't going to be deleted, because it's not about you or your hurt feelings. You hijacking this thread for your own crap, INSTEAD of making a ticket, talking to Admin, or making your own goddamn thread kinda indicates what a schmuck you are.
This low pop has received me, a new player, like we were old friends. Though I never asked, they offered and they helped me with money, bags, a guild, 2 instance runs for my quests... I never got bashed about the fact I would probably never raid even when 80 and I'm not even a PvPer. So I am not going to really contribute to the guild in any way. I actually never got bashed about anything at all in almost a month on this server.

I once needed some question answered by staff. A GM answered me in chat (too late, after I logged out of chat) then PMed me, just to give me the answer. If I would have posted a phone number I am pretty sure he would have called me from across the Atlantic just to help me.

I played many games on many servers, but here I feel so good I never thought I could feel in a virtual comunity. I feel spoiled :)

A big TY to everyone, including GMs, whichever toon they choose to play when helping people.
Last edited by Agame on 04 Apr 2017 21:27, edited 1 time in total.
Ally for life

arnis5
Banned

#9 » Post by arnis5 » 04 Apr 2017 21:27

Nyeriah wrote:
04 Apr 2017 05:30
For the records I disapprove staff members moderating channels from their player characters due to such misunderstandings, it's a practice that shouldn't be and certainly isn't an habit of ours.
Owh come on Nyeriah even you threat with mutes and stuff from your ingame player chars and I can count many more GM's who do the same. But thank you now, finaly you said that we dont have to listen player chars unless they have Blizz Tag infront of their name :)
Arnis - Marksmanship Hunter PVE/PVP
Predatoor - Death Knight Hybrid Tank/Blood Dps PVE
Restoration - Shaman Resto/Ele PVE
Arniscat - Druid Feral Tank/Restoration PVE
Arnisrocks - Paladin Protection/Retribution PVE
Arnislock - Warlock Demonology PVE
Stanimalo - Rogue Combat PVE
Mazdean - Priest Shadow/Holy PVE
Pecaros - Warrior Protection/Fury PVE
Arniskhanna - Mage Arcane PVE
The Demonic Lord!
If you're going through hell, keep going.

Nyeriah

#10 » Post by Nyeriah » 04 Apr 2017 21:38

arnis5 wrote:
04 Apr 2017 21:27
Nyeriah wrote:
04 Apr 2017 05:30
Owh come on Nyeriah even you threat with mutes and stuff from your ingame player chars and I can count many more GM's who do the same. But thank you now, finaly you said that we dont have to listen player chars unless they have Blizz Tag infront of their name :)

I don't ever moderate from my player characters, nor have I ever threatened anyone with mutes from my player characters. Unless you consider asking people to speak English or use proper channels as moderation, but that's what any player does when other start getting annoying: they ask them to settle it down.

I have not said they should be ignored, but I think it's a matter of common sense, of knowing when you're overextending yourself and doing things you should not be doing.

.Venna
Donor

#11 » Post by .Venna » 05 Apr 2017 01:54

I notice he doesn't give a screenshot of the chat.

For those interested, yes I did "moderate" world chat by whispers from my Ironman character. I have never hidden that I am a gm and most people are aware of it. Canadian was being very silly in world and when he got personally insulting I muted him a couple of times. However, this player was just responding to Canadian and I whispered him to tone it down a bit. He was never muted or even cautioned. Just a friendly notice that Primal doesn't approve of people telling other people to kill themselves in world chat, even if it very obviously a joke and the person being told is not on the edge of suicide, it isn't a good thing to be doing.
Australian Tauren Resto Druid.
Primalwow.

PeepoJ

#12 » Post by PeepoJ » 06 Apr 2017 01:49

Actually, as I was there in LFG and then World, and I too was in conversation. However, Canadian got downright aggressive and offensive, on purpose, and it progressed (or regressed, as it were). I remember much of the conversation, the "8's" comment and all that followed. Ridiculous. There's just no place for it. Several players attempted to get him to stop early on, some ignored, etc.

Not the place for it. But you know,there are other servers where that is the standard. And still free for the unhappy ones.

I appreciate efforts to keep people respectable. I mean. all WoW communities have a huge share of deeply unhappy souls, but so what?

Adios, mucho/a.

Irri

#13 » Post by Irri » 01 May 2017 12:44

I've been here about 6 weeks and have had nothing but positive interactions with gm's/community

Xenitron

#14 » Post by Xenitron » 01 May 2017 13:58

Interesting how we havent got any word primal.wow.paladin after he posted this and this amount of people replied to post and even more interesting how he got wrong conclusions after few hours of gameplay and being new to server he already got himself in some sort of sh1t on public channels.And this isnt that type of server where threads like this will get deleted.