Healer raid nerf

Archive of discussions that have went stale. Lots o' dust over here!
diawowwrath

Healer raid nerf

#1 » Post by diawowwrath » 01 Apr 2017 12:10

I can't find any information about this topic.

Will the Healer raid nerf be removed or modified when TBC is released on Primal? Or will it be relatively the same?

I hope we can at least lessen the constraints because going OOM early in boss fights is a stone cold drag.

IronSharona
Former Staff

Re: Healer raid nerf

#2 » Post by IronSharona » 01 Apr 2017 15:00

While exact values are not public at this time (AFAIK), I will tell you that the nerf is gradually being reduced over time. All content is starting off harder and getting scaled down for less hard core raiders as time moves on.

We are hoping to help encourage everyone, including all of our wonderful healers, to take on Kel'thuzad before TBC drops and introduces new challenges! ;)
Welcome to the new decade! Let's hope the Roaring 20's come with just as much jazz, but a bit less prohibition and Great Depression. 8-)

diawowwrath

#3 » Post by diawowwrath » 04 Apr 2017 14:20

I understand that in current vanilla, the nerf is being reduced. What I really want to know is if TBC will be handled with the same proportional nerfing, or will it be lessened from the beginning.

I honestly don't understand all the technical reasons for why this route was chosen for handling the "uneven" effect of WotLK mechanics, talents, and gear. And I know no one is gonna change everything around to suit me! I wish there was another way instead of penalizing one role to effect overall raid balance. It makes healing "not as fun". Not being able to participate fully, just isn't addressing the "fun" factor.

Deim

#4 » Post by Deim » 04 Apr 2017 14:48

Early when nerf was introduced I was all against it, now after nearly 2 years passed I'd say it's necessary evil, and a lesser one.
There were tries to increase mob dmg and player hp which was utterly retarded. Increasing boss dmg would just make boss oneshot tanks and stacking hp would be only way (feral druids ftw lol).
Please note I play healers only as main characters so I actually know what I'm talking about.
TrueWoW - Retired
PrimalWoW - Retired
Rest in pepperoni Crimson
RIP in pepperoni Aftershock
Spokesman of Aftershock in case of any questions/complaints hit me up in game or via PM.

Disclaimer: What I write on behalf guild doesn't always corelate with my own beliefs.

diawowwrath

#5 » Post by diawowwrath » 04 Apr 2017 21:14

Yeah..I mean I'm coping. But now, If I have the option to play mage in guild, I'd rather do that because it's fun and fully participating. The overall effect of healer nerf may be desirable raid-wide, but actually playing a healer is not all the fun it would be otherwise.