What I really missed about retail

Archive of discussions that have went stale. Lots o' dust over here!
BobinaboxWoW

What I really missed about retail

#1 » Post by BobinaboxWoW » 02 Jun 2011 19:32

http://s1231.photobucket.com/albums/ee5 ... estlog.png

Having a quest log full of completed quests, thanks for making this a 1x server guys :) I really missed this.

Klicky

Re: What I really missed about retail

#2 » Post by Klicky » 03 Jun 2011 02:03

Glad to know that you enjoy the server. You may run into a bugged quest here and there but its easy to use the bugged quest completer at the site :)

BobinaboxWoW

#3 » Post by BobinaboxWoW » 03 Jun 2011 02:42

Yeah I had to use it for my Voidwalker quest, so I got to learn how to use that tool pretty early :) Its great that this server has it though, instead of most servers where theres nothing at all to do about a bugged quest. If theres a way to apply for a moderator position, I'd absolutely love to be a part of that. I played retail for 6 years, from release until about 4 months into Cata. Had 7 80s and 4 60 twinks by the end of Wrath, and know pretty much all there is to know about this game.

-Bobinabox!

Stryke

#4 » Post by Stryke » 03 Jun 2011 03:10

You sir, get a cookie for being a long time retail player like me :P If you ever hit 80 and interested in raids just find me or the other chars in my signature :P

Tuffeyy

#5 » Post by Tuffeyy » 03 Jun 2011 03:12

There is a way but you need to have a decent amount of play time on this server. You can read more about it here: http://www.truewow.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=3505

Also, how comes you stopped playing retail after so long?

Klicky

#6 » Post by Klicky » 03 Jun 2011 04:03

Bob you need play time like Tuffeyy said plus level 80. Just go to the link he posted for more info :P

I'm actually on my 6th year of WoW now that I think about it. I played retail for a few years but then I decided to stop paying and went to private servers.

I've also have been on this server for a year now as of this month O___O

Ah the gold ol' times of a peak of 50 people online, good times.

BobinaboxWoW

#7 » Post by BobinaboxWoW » 03 Jun 2011 04:19

I'll check out that link here in a couple minutes :)

I stopped playing retail WoW because it just lost all of its original fun for me. Everything became too much of a rush, the game doesn't focus on actual person to person contact anymore at all with the introduction of cross-server PvP and cross-server LFD, pretty much anything cross-server. The amount of health people have nowadays is ridiculous. Everything is way too balanced, and certain combinations of classes overpower literally everything else. Its just too easy I guess, and too concerned about pleasing the masses, including making a race (goblins) that literally looks like it was taken out of a 5 year old's video game. The game just lost all of its fun for me.

I'm planning on playing here quite a bit, and I'm going to be heavily into PvE and PvP, so expect to see me around :)

BobinaboxWoW

#8 » Post by BobinaboxWoW » 03 Jun 2011 04:57

Also if anyone would like to chat, my name in-game is Frozenpizza :)

Tauren

#9 » Post by Tauren » 03 Jun 2011 04:59

BobinaboxWoW wrote:I'll check out that link here in a couple minutes :)

I stopped playing retail WoW because it just lost all of its original fun for me. Everything became too much of a rush, the game doesn't focus on actual person to person contact anymore at all with the introduction of cross-server PvP and cross-server LFD, pretty much anything cross-server. The amount of health people have nowadays is ridiculous. Everything is way too balanced, and certain combinations of classes overpower literally everything else. Its just too easy I guess, and too concerned about pleasing the masses, including making a race (goblins) that literally looks like it was taken out of a 5 year old's video game. The game just lost all of its fun for me.

I'm planning on playing here quite a bit, and I'm going to be heavily into PvE and PvP, so expect to see me around :)
are you me? LFD is what ruined WoW for me lol.. blizzard just cares about raids now and even then its stupid how they make a tier of raids and then the next tier makes them obsolete. its almost like an expansion reset every tier

BobinaboxWoW

#10 » Post by BobinaboxWoW » 03 Jun 2011 05:03

Yeah, its really dumb. I heard Activision stepped in for some of WotLK and then they took over a lot for Cata in cooperation with Blizzard, and if thats true, they ruined two of my favorite games within a 6 month time period :( Modern Warfare 2, and WoW. WoW was the more tragic one for me, but after finding this server I'm not so sad :) I get to play with a steady base of players that all intertwine with each-other and help make this server better, its great.

Tauren

#11 » Post by Tauren » 03 Jun 2011 06:28

BobinaboxWoW wrote:Yeah, its really dumb. I heard Activision stepped in for some of WotLK and then they took over a lot for Cata in cooperation with Blizzard, and if thats true, they ruined two of my favorite games within a 6 month time period :( Modern Warfare 2, and WoW. WoW was the more tragic one for me, but after finding this server I'm not so sad :) I get to play with a steady base of players that all intertwine with each-other and help make this server better, its great.
ok im sad now.. i just read in another topic that there IS LFD? can you confirm this

BobinaboxWoW

#12 » Post by BobinaboxWoW » 03 Jun 2011 06:30

True, there is LFD, but, theres only one server :) So you're going to be paired with people from this server no matter what.

Tauren

#13 » Post by Tauren » 03 Jun 2011 07:04

BobinaboxWoW wrote:True, there is LFD, but, theres only one server :) So you're going to be paired with people from this server no matter what.
:/

was really looking for it to be old school so that is very disappointing... still way better then random cross server

OkweL

#14 » Post by OkweL » 03 Jun 2011 14:54

If you mean dungeon finder, it is since some WotLK patch.