Dreamless Sleep Potions

Archive of discussions that have went stale. Lots o' dust over here!
flosr1
Donor

Dreamless Sleep Potions

#1 » Post by flosr1 » 22 Mar 2017 10:03

ok, yesterday i created some "Major Dreamless Sleep Potion" and used them in the raid. Healers struggle with mana and they restore more than a regular potion. It is not wise too use them in all situations, but in some fights it is no problem. I remember i used those a lot in retail. I also remember the effect could be dispelled so this is blizzlike. Yesterday i used it 4 times and 3 times i was dispelled. It doesn't really help telling people, because there is always some1 who will just dispel everytime he/she sees a debuff on a player.

My suggestion would be, can you please change that the following potions can not be dispelled anymore:
Dreamless Sleep Potion, Greater Dreamless Sleep Potion, Major Dreamless Sleep Potion, Potion of Nightmares

Like i said it would not be blizzlike changing it, but on the other side, we have so many changes here that are not blizzlike but make really sense. Changing it would not make the potion overpowered, it has already a disadvantage compared to regular mana/health potions. But it would actually make it usable. At the moment it is pretty pointless.

Wilcox

Re: Dreamless Sleep Potions

#2 » Post by Wilcox » 22 Mar 2017 10:09

not that its blizzlike or not, but why exactly is this needed? stupidity of players aren't subject to mechanic change as far as I'm concerned

flosr1
Donor

#3 » Post by flosr1 » 22 Mar 2017 10:40

because the one who uses the potion is affected by that stupidity although he cannot change anything about it

Wilcox

#4 » Post by Wilcox » 22 Mar 2017 10:44

trying to educate your fellow players helps. do it while you got players to enjoy the game with

IronSharona
Former Staff

#5 » Post by IronSharona » 22 Mar 2017 13:47

If we start changing things to prevent team stupidity I'm going to add something for low level RDF that makes any Paladin not assigned the tank role automatically turn off Righteous Fury. Lol

I think this is just a subset of making sure everyone knows tactics. If you start an education campaign, eventually people will come to expect this debuff and understand it without database intervention.
Welcome to the new decade! Let's hope the Roaring 20's come with just as much jazz, but a bit less prohibition and Great Depression. 8-)

Eronox
MVP

#6 » Post by Eronox » 22 Mar 2017 14:27

IronSharona stole my words. On-Point agreeing with her!

There's things that never will be right I know, and things need changin' everywhere you go.
But 'til we start to make a move to make a few things right,
You'll never see me wear a suit of white.

- J.R Cash

Relina

#7 » Post by Relina » 13 Jun 2017 02:51

IronSharona wrote: If we start changing things to prevent team stupidity I'm going to add something for low level RDF that makes any Paladin not assigned the tank role automatically turn off Righteous Fury. Lol
This would be nice even at max lvl rdf lol.
Truewow: Retired for now.
Peace - Lvl: 80 Paladin

Primalwow: Retired for now.
Relina - Lvl: 70 Paladin

I'm willing to become a stone bridge.
Just...
to catch a glimpse of you passing by.