Finding a larger population.

Archive of discussions that have went stale. Lots o' dust over here!
Eronox
MVP

Re: Finding a larger population.

#31 » Post by Eronox » 13 Apr 2017 10:12

necropola wrote:
13 Apr 2017 03:51
(or even create one for @PrimalWoW).
PrimalWoW is a realm, not server! :)

There's things that never will be right I know, and things need changin' everywhere you go.
But 'til we start to make a move to make a few things right,
You'll never see me wear a suit of white.

- J.R Cash

Gadoschi
Donor

#32 » Post by Gadoschi » 13 Apr 2017 10:55

IronSharona wrote:
21 Mar 2017 22:59
I've asked two friends who played in the past to give it a try. Both of them play retail so maybe they'll tell their friends at retail about us if they're looking for a classic experience. Word of mouth is only 3-4 months!
What classic experience?

1. Let's say someone wants to play Vanilla WoW or TBC again. If they play on PrimalWoW, they are only be able to play that expansion for 1-2 years each (with Vanilla stage being all but done already, which only leaves - potentially - TBC content),
2. PrimalWoW includes and will include Vanilla and TBC content on a 3.3.5 client, which is a FAR different experience from their respective Blizzard clients at the time,
3. If WotLK is what they are looking for, in TrueWoW they are offered a 50-100 player realm with minimum developer attention (compared to PrimalWoW), and unblizzlike crossfaction and transmogrification systems implemented.

I repeat my question - what "classic experience" that you are able to advertise are you talking about?

I am being harsh here, I realize that, but correct me if I'm wrong, because I'd very much like to be wrong.

My point is, I think we are losing (or may have already lost) what makes this server unique - our core of a fully blizzlike, no pay2win, dedicated wotlk server.
In my opinion, PrimalWoW should've remained an earlier expansion realm permanently, if not a separate site as well.

Because, at the moment, 99% of new players joining TrueWoW community come to PrimalWoW, while TrueWoW realm is being disregarded, both in advertising and in developing aspects. PrimalWoW is a completely different story from the original TrueWoW realm and server idea.
PC
MB: Asus M5A97 R2.0 (AM3+); CPU: AMD FX 8300 (@4,2GHz); GPU: Gigabyte R9 380 4GB GDDR5 (@1,15GHz); RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 1866MHz (2x4GB Kit); PSU: Coolermaster V550 (80+ Gold); CPU Cooler: LC-CC-120; Case: Antec GX505; Fans: Antec TrueQuiet 120mm x5; Monitor: AOC G2460PF (24'', 1ms, 144Hz, Freesync); Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RGB (Cherry MX Red); Mouse: Logitech G302; Surface: Roccat Taito Mid 5mm

Faythrune

#33 » Post by Faythrune » 13 Apr 2017 12:07

Gadoschi wrote:
13 Apr 2017 10:55
IronSharona wrote:
21 Mar 2017 22:59
I've asked two friends who played in the past to give it a try. Both of them play retail so maybe they'll tell their friends at retail about us if they're looking for a classic experience. Word of mouth is only 3-4 months!
What classic experience?

1. Let's say someone wants to play Vanilla WoW or TBC again. If they play on PrimalWoW, they are only be able to play that expansion for 1-2 years each (with Vanilla stage being all but done already, which only leaves - potentially - TBC content),
2. PrimalWoW includes and will include Vanilla and TBC content on a 3.3.5 client, which is a FAR different experience from their respective Blizzard clients at the time,
3. If WotLK is what they are looking for, in TrueWoW they are offered a 50-100 player realm with minimum developer attention (compared to PrimalWoW), and unblizzlike crossfaction and transmogrification systems implemented.

I repeat my question - what "classic experience" that you are able to advertise are you talking about?

I am being harsh here, I realize that, but correct me if I'm wrong, because I'd very much like to be wrong.

My point is, I think we are losing (or may have already lost) what makes this server unique - our core of a fully blizzlike, no pay2win, dedicated wotlk server.
In my opinion, PrimalWoW should've remained an earlier expansion realm permanently, if not a separate site as well.

Because, at the moment, 99% of new players joining TrueWoW community come to PrimalWoW, while TrueWoW realm is being disregarded, both in advertising and in developing aspects. PrimalWoW is a completely different story from the original TrueWoW realm and server idea.

All honesty the TrueWoW realm is nearly dead, if not truly dead. (At the time of writing this post, there is 23 players online!!!) I have a nearly lvl 70 belf shadow priest and I feel the time I've invested now has gone to waste because hardly anyone plays.

IronSharona
Former Staff

#34 » Post by IronSharona » 13 Apr 2017 12:44

Gadoschi wrote:
13 Apr 2017 10:55
What classic experience?

To be fair, I shouldn't have to defend my friends or how I recruit them to you. This a personal matter for me and how I've gone about it is not your business to pick apart. But if you insist:

My friends began playing WoW in MoP. A progressive server would be a great chance to see content expand again and new items come out as they did in retail long before their time. (Though I am majorly recruiting them back to TrueWoW where we used to play back in school)

Again, major emphasizing on Wotlk / TrueWoW, but either server is showing them the pre-cata world, which is a HUGE deal to them. They've also said they tried a pure vanilla server and couldn't figure out all the differences and nuances between that and retail. They were competing with people who'd been playing for 10+ years and just couldn't catch up. The gap here is better, though not unchallenging.

The leveling rates are still 1x for TrueWoW and transmogrification is only available if you use a specific command to activate it. I don't see how an optional "glamor command" that you can leave off all the time somehow negates a blizzlike experience. Sure crossfaction is different, but it's a result of the population you are complaining about. It's not as if we've made a custom change here designed to alter gameplay forever. It's a buffer for that population to grow until it can be removed. Even Primal has crossfaction and will until it is deemed that each faction is self sufficient. I have seen it is very rare for primal players to make a stink about it.

The "classic experience" I'm talking about is being about to play in a pre-cata world with friends. Somehow that core ideal of the game seems to be lost on a lot of people. I don't see how anything we have changed has added an obvious pay2win option, in fact this is one of the first things we ask among staff any time we review a new suggestion: will this become exploitable as p2w? If so it's usually a pretty quick deny. And TrueWoW is still dedicated wotlk. Adding Primal does not negate that message. We would be thrilled to be able to remove crossfaction and return to a blizzlike state but it's unreasonable at this time. And just as with the stock market, people are bailing ship and "selling low" instead of realizing this would be an opportunity to jump in and start things on their own.

Primal is new and different and this is why it is being advertised more. Both Eronox and I are looking into better ways to promote and support TrueWoW as we move forward as you have probably already noticed among our numerous posts.

While I appreciate you expressing your opinion I would also appreciate it not being directed toward my or other's personal actions as some kind of failure in the future. This thread was supposed to be an active and motivational area to help players generate excitement for Primal and TrueWoW and you are lapsing it into a defensive argument spot over who is doing what the right way. You can open your own thread to throw such accusations but this is not the place. And if you have a problem with staff decisions I/others have made (not personal ones) we are always happy to accept feedback via PM to any administrator. We all strive to improve at our duties and the best way to do that is get reports from players on areas we do well and what we can improve on!
Welcome to the new decade! Let's hope the Roaring 20's come with just as much jazz, but a bit less prohibition and Great Depression. 8-)

Gadoschi
Donor

#35 » Post by Gadoschi » 13 Apr 2017 13:00

My opinion was not aimed at you or your friends.

I was referring to the term "classic experience" you used, and how much of it TW actually has to offer.

My concern is that potential new players do not get to see TW through the same lense as, for example, I did when I was joining.

Regarding differences between clients - differences are huge (spell descriptions/effects, talents, pets, costs of pretty much everything, class-specific riding skill requirements, experience gained by killing mobs and doing quests was massively revamped in wotlk, etc.)

I also understand why crossfaction was implemented (and for those reasons even I supported the idea at the time) and that it's by no means a desirable feature to have on a server, but it does not change the fact that it does indeed change the way potential new players feel about the server, and whether it still holds up to its name "TrueWoW", earlier widely regarded as "the most blizzlike private WotLK server". It's a double-edged sword, I know - on the one hand you want to give the remaining players something to do, and on the other hand you want to attract new players with your "blizzlike" characteristics. Unfortunately, it does not seem like both are achievable simultaneously at the moment, and judging by the way things are going.

Finally, I'm expressing my concern about PrimalWoW's effect on the TrueWow realm - I am not convinced that players who remain on PW all the way through to WotLK will continue playing once PW hits WotLK and therefore eventually increase WotLK population once TW and PW merge - I don't think that WotLK is the reason why most play on PrimalWoW - I think it's more about the chance to experience older content as end-game once again. So, I don't really see the benefit of PW to TrueWoW WotLK, as both PW and TW population (combined) is less than what we had just a year ago (according to stats being kept by certain players on TW backed up by screenshots).
PC
MB: Asus M5A97 R2.0 (AM3+); CPU: AMD FX 8300 (@4,2GHz); GPU: Gigabyte R9 380 4GB GDDR5 (@1,15GHz); RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 1866MHz (2x4GB Kit); PSU: Coolermaster V550 (80+ Gold); CPU Cooler: LC-CC-120; Case: Antec GX505; Fans: Antec TrueQuiet 120mm x5; Monitor: AOC G2460PF (24'', 1ms, 144Hz, Freesync); Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RGB (Cherry MX Red); Mouse: Logitech G302; Surface: Roccat Taito Mid 5mm

diawowwrath

#36 » Post by diawowwrath » 13 Apr 2017 15:40

x
Last edited by diawowwrath on 15 Apr 2017 07:13, edited 1 time in total.

fastex1

#37 » Post by fastex1 » 13 Apr 2017 20:08

Dunno man , I came from Hellfire after playing there for almost a year. Since it re-launched on 31 March , it's population is around 1.500 ish on EU peak . But the new community is so toxic it made me leave after 2 days of leveling with my old guild. It was just not worth it.

I rather play on a 200 peak server with nice people rather on 2k with retards/commi's/nazi's/racists or just pure hate shitposting

diawowwrath

#38 » Post by diawowwrath » 14 Apr 2017 19:25

x

diawowwrath

#39 » Post by diawowwrath » 15 Apr 2017 06:42

x
Last edited by diawowwrath on 15 Apr 2017 07:14, edited 1 time in total.

diawowwrath

#40 » Post by diawowwrath » 15 Apr 2017 06:48

x

KohiiKaiju

#41 » Post by KohiiKaiju » 15 Apr 2017 06:50

diawowwrath wrote:
15 Apr 2017 06:42
Ok silence me for speaking truth about how murmur hurts this server. I'll stop selling it. you're on your own.
From the server rules page:

5. While a certain amount of swearing, verbal assaults, racism or disrespectful comments towards another player or religion are expected, they should not get out of control. GMs will decide on a punishment proper to the volume of the violation.

You were not the only one muted tonight but, considering you were doing your best to start a drama shitstorm, I felt I was fairly lenient.

Eronox
MVP

#42 » Post by Eronox » 15 Apr 2017 10:21

Locking per Authors request, sad.

There's things that never will be right I know, and things need changin' everywhere you go.
But 'til we start to make a move to make a few things right,
You'll never see me wear a suit of white.

- J.R Cash