Tanaris is a pain

Archive of discussions that have went stale. Lots o' dust over here!
kinematografi

Tanaris is a pain

#1 » Post by kinematografi » 01 Jun 2011 14:30

Okay, so I quested in Tanaris just a few weeks ago but when I'm here with a new char it's unplayable.
I know the minions on this server is really buggy but this is just not okay. I went on the quest
WANTED: Caliph Scorpidsting where there are a lot of mages. One minion started chasing me to the
point that I had run half of the map and had to kill him. Going down there again made first four, and
when I ran six and then eight minions chasing me.

I constantly have to return to Gadgetzan to find some kind of protection but after being chased by
minions I can't eat or drink which is usually a combat bug, but neither log out or exit. So after three
times och restarting WoW I decided that I'd give up on those two quests where there are many
minions.

I went out to the beach and went down to the pirates from there but a minion sensed me and so did his
friend after a long while of running, one gave up and I had to kill the other one. And even so getting
me caught in a combat bug. That made me have to reload WoW again.

Oh, and all times but one the combat bug make me log in as a ghost. So I can't do any quests (with or
without mages) and my durability drops and I have to reload the whole game.

Yeah I know. Quest in some other zone. I probably have to. Problem fixed except that I like Tanaris
and that it's a good leveling zone for those levels.

What I want to know is if anyone else has had these problems and if so when and how. I know the area
was close to bug free just a few weeks ago, so what has happened?

It's bad enough the minions make my life a pain in battlegrounds but this is different.

Love to get some feedback!

Tuffeyy

Re: Tanaris is a pain

#2 » Post by Tuffeyy » 01 Jun 2011 16:53

Yeah it is a pain, it is however doable if you quickly nuke there masters, ive managed to do the zone with a paladin and a priest, the priest however was much harder to do it with.

The best way to do it is to just take it really slow and not to over-pull anything cause it normally results in a quick death

kinematografi

#3 » Post by kinematografi » 01 Jun 2011 18:17

It's weird that I didn't notice before. But of course then I was a hunter in a party with a paladin. I thought it was something that suddenly had appeared. Nvm, I've switched zone. Thank you!

Matsy

#4 » Post by Matsy » 01 Jun 2011 18:57

The best idea is to completely avoid that area at all times ^^
Matsy pls
Mats - Frost PVE Troll Death Knight - Retired
Matsy - Moonkin/Restoration Druid (Laz0r Chicken)
Mat - Beastmaster Orc Hunter
Matz -Retribution Paladin
Matu - Troll Shadow Priest
Bolts - Elemental Troll Shaman
Kungfu - Orc Fury Warrior
Trollage - Troll Arcane Mage
Mato - Orc Affliction Warlock
Findme - Troll Assassination Rogue

I Pity the Fool who's illogical
Friends are just people you hate the least
I reject your reality and substitute my own

Intervention
Former Staff

#5 » Post by Intervention » 02 Jun 2011 01:44

Topic moved because it doesn't need 'Customer Support' :P
Chicken, Fried Chicken
Send me mail in-game or a PM if you need to contact me!

Tickles

#6 » Post by Tickles » 10 Jun 2011 17:47

I did this area on my shadow priest recently and had no difficulties. Never had to run to far to get away.
The combat bug itself happens everywhere. Most of the time it does not effect me to bad. Worst place is the dungeons.