Why is wintergrasp no longer active?!?!?!?

Archive of discussions that have went stale. Lots o' dust over here!
abio

Why is wintergrasp no longer active?!?!?!?

#1 » Post by abio » 23 Feb 2017 17:40

I play wintergrasp almost everyday, it's my fave bg, idgaf if it's bugged tbh, It's a fun pvp zone, and i like to do weeklys there on at least 2 chars per week. There's not enough bgs atm as is, and this is the only way to farm honor during off times. Disabling this bg is a poor decision. If this decision was based off a few individuals abusing these bugs, these individuals need to be banned, this is the wrong way to deal with an easy problem. I'd like to see something done correctly, instead of people not giving a shit because "the server is dieing" because maybe if people started giving a shit we would see more pop. idk.
Deltron
Genelec
Mosdef
Gauge
Blueprint

Gnurg

Re: Why is wintergrasp no longer active?!?!?!?

#2 » Post by Gnurg » 23 Feb 2017 17:42

I encourage you to witch-hunt the abusers. It's thanks to them that we can't have nice things. :-(

HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

x00er00

#3 » Post by x00er00 » 23 Feb 2017 18:10

As Gnurg said the only reason behind its closure was o fix the bugs that were plagueing the place....
I personally loved Wintergrasp and i hope to get to play it again as soon as it gets fixed.
* ps: No witch hunt will be needed if there would have been a slightly different aproach in how rulebreakers where handled :
Ex: I as a person don't belive in second chances in regard to rulebreakers... so just banning the offending character will never be a good enough deterent action / punishment. The only punishment that " in my view" should apply to such violations would be permanent all accounts wide perma ban. ...
If in the unlikely case such a person would make a new account and would repeat the abuse a permanent ip ban should also be issued.

loveable3

#4 » Post by loveable3 » 23 Feb 2017 18:16

ip can change so not good idia
but
x00er00 wrote: The only punishment that " in my view" should apply to such violations would be permanent all accounts wide perma ban. ...
If in the unlikely case such a person would make a new account and would repeat the abuse a permanent ip ban should also be issued
:tick: :tick: :tick: :tick: :tick: :tick: :tick: :tick: :tick:

milanlord

#5 » Post by milanlord » 23 Feb 2017 18:19

It was mostly close due to exploits made by one person. I think everyone can guess who it is..So I guess either convince him to stop using exploits or do what you did with Eryx or keep it closed and wait for devs to fix it when they get free time.
Retired - Sadly I can't agree with cf bg's being a good choice for the server. The only thing we got with this feature is less bg's nowadays and less people online and I can't participate in this big mistake.

abio

#6 » Post by abio » 23 Feb 2017 18:42

Ok well if they just closed it to fix it for a bit thats cool, i guess i was just misinformed kek
Deltron
Genelec
Mosdef
Gauge
Blueprint

skyx

#7 » Post by skyx » 23 Feb 2017 19:00

This is a PvE server; don't expect anything.

Also, I'd just like to point out a certain "competing" wotlk server has Wintergrasp working 100% for at least 3 years now.

blagovest_tonev

#8 » Post by blagovest_tonev » 23 Feb 2017 19:20

abio wrote:Ok well if they just closed it to fix it for a bit thats cool, i guess i was just misinformed kek
Nyeriah wrote:Wintergrasp has been disabled until those issues are addressed.
viewtopic.php?f=80&t=37115&p=405397#p405397

devil5000

#9 » Post by devil5000 » 23 Feb 2017 19:23

i dont know why dont you just ban the person that abuses it and enable wg.Its not like we have multiple persons exploiting wg bugs.
Horde Main : Marick
Alliance Main : Anastasiya

blagovest_tonev

#10 » Post by blagovest_tonev » 23 Feb 2017 19:27

It's not better, because people are aware of those bugs, you can find multiple threads about them. That said, it's quite possible someone else to begin abusing.

abio

#11 » Post by abio » 23 Feb 2017 19:48

skyx wrote:This is a PvE server; don't expect anything.

Also, I'd just like to point out a certain "competing" wotlk server has Wintergrasp working 100% for at least 3 years now.
why does it say pvp realm on website then lel
and all pvp content available xd
Deltron
Genelec
Mosdef
Gauge
Blueprint

skyx

#12 » Post by skyx » 23 Feb 2017 20:31

abio wrote: why does it say pvp realm on website then lel
and all pvp content available xd
It is a PvE server because people need to farm SM and end game heroic PvE gear in order to be competitive for 2v2s (which doesn't exist on this server), driving away any new PvP orientated players from levelling here in the first place. Then you also have dogsh1t "Wrathful Gladiators" sh1t talking you while using BiS PvE gear and playing the easiest and strongest class in Wotlk (Paladin).

Nyeriah

#13 » Post by Nyeriah » 23 Feb 2017 21:23

Locking since the question was answered and there's no reason to stir more drama.