Your Pledges to Increase Activity

Archive of discussions that have went stale. Lots o' dust over here!
Lhotsegirl
Donor

Your Pledges to Increase Activity

#1 » Post by Lhotsegirl » 18 Feb 2017 14:13

Hi folks,

I've been using TW on and off now for the last few years, in between playing retail, work, social life etc... I mean, it's only taken me four years so far to get my main Annapurna to level 73... not far to go now lol.... ^_^ This said, TW has been truly the most pleasant of gaming servers giving a near true to retail experience.

I am concerned with low numbers, but what can we do....? I thought we could introduce a topic to encourage players to offer what they are prepared to do, to increase activity and enjoyment of the server. They don't have to be much, they can be simple, or as elaborate as you want giving your time commitments...

Here are my pledges to get us going on this topic... Remember, it's not what TW can do for you ,but what you can do for TW...

I PLEDGE TO ;

1) Invite former server players on my guild's Facebook page to offer to spend a little time to come back to the server in a relaxed way, no pressure. https://www.facebook.com/groups/utftw/

2) Throw guild invite lifeline to all new guildless low levels, provide them with sufficient basic 10/12 slot bags and 1 gold to get them going on the server, with an ability as probationers to invite their friends. After all, some very generous server players donated 5000-10000 gold a time to Unholy Trinity, so I think it is right that this gold is used to support others to develop. This action is not to bolster my guild, but to get them going, many of my former guild friends moved on to bigger and better guilds to raid such as Ascension, Crit Happens, Inquisition and so on, something I cant offer right now. The main thing is a levelling environment where players meet each other and develop a satisfying and pleasant gaming experience which helps them to move forward.

3) Use World Chat more to exchange pleasantries, chat and increase my support to others who need assistance with questions when I am not levelling. I do believe a chatty world or local chat can make a server appear busy and more inviting, although to others it is an annoyance that they can switch off...

4) Announce Rares location in World Chat whenever a see an 'achievement related' NPC..... I promise I wont kill it before you arrive ^_^

So... what are your pledges...?

Krystyna
RETIRED FROM TRUEWOW & PRIMAL
--------------------------------------------

SomethingWitty

Re: Your Pledges to Increase Activity

#2 » Post by SomethingWitty » 18 Feb 2017 19:51

I pledge with my heart and soul to never afk in Dala on any server other than TW.

Scout's honour.
"he cant even base a shit + he is worst pvp player in here and he tells us we are bad in pvp this is nonesense its like Englez will say that virdo is bad in leading raids and in pve and after virdo asks him why he say that and for what reason englez will say 'i dont want to destroy your statements ive been there done that etc' "-Balanced 2015

Lhotsegirl
Donor

#3 » Post by Lhotsegirl » 18 Feb 2017 20:13

SomethingWitty wrote:I pledge with my heart and soul to never afk in Dala on any server other than TW.
Scout's honour.

Good for you... Meanwhile, here's a buff for you

RETIRED FROM TRUEWOW & PRIMAL
--------------------------------------------

Overdozer

#4 » Post by Overdozer » 18 Feb 2017 22:00

Fitzpatrick
Honorary Member

#5 » Post by Fitzpatrick » 18 Feb 2017 23:48

A lot of us on the Primal side have tried to be very active on Reddit (/r/wowservers), hoping the visibility will bring people in or raise awareness of the project. Whenever there is no Primal news item on the main page, someone will write a new post, link a video, etc.

https://www.reddit.com/r/wowservers/

Although Primal and Truewow are inherently different projects, this may be a valid way to get some new players. It is certainly something to think about when Stormhold is nearing release.
Fitzsimmons / Bibimbap / Fitzpatrick

Eronox
MVP

#6 » Post by Eronox » 19 Feb 2017 00:04

My pledges is to never let the community down!
Also, trying to be consistent with making the videos of mine in hope of encouraging more to do so. Chain reaction for community awareness! :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZ6BA2 ... vRZ9lItIXw

There's things that never will be right I know, and things need changin' everywhere you go.
But 'til we start to make a move to make a few things right,
You'll never see me wear a suit of white.

- J.R Cash

diawowwrath

#7 » Post by diawowwrath » 21 Feb 2017 16:36

I'll come back (atleast part time) and bring people with me and build primal wow up again. Just can't log in with my original password or the ones sent to me from the website.

--updated--
Tried contacting a Gm and got some strange auto reply email that appears to be my own message forwarded to me from GM????

--updated--
Never mind me my realmlist was incorrect. Anyways, I'll bring you some people.

Kniteknite

#8 » Post by Kniteknite » 22 Feb 2017 07:57

I pledge to assist in any way I can, players,staff, and to help with advertising the server, provide suggestions, editing and or opinions on fresh adverts. I think We need to deliver newer reviews , and forget and refresh dated reviews like that dodgy one, as well as bring a fresh and persuasive dialogue in our advertising ~ I look forward to working with anyone interested. I also plan on donating again shortly. Lets keep it interesting ~ ;)
" French fries are like steaks, where the potato is the cow and gets cut up, like meat does, only on a smaller scale. "

Wilcox

#9 » Post by Wilcox » 22 Feb 2017 11:08

my pledge is rather long term but i pledge to make 23 kids to make raids with them and my wife on tw, inviting everyone else to do the same

idea originated from good old rohankhanna when he got tired of wiping due to morons

Gadoschi
Donor

#10 » Post by Gadoschi » 22 Feb 2017 12:10

Eronox wrote:My pledges is to never let the community down!
Also, trying to be consistent with making the videos of mine in hope of encouraging more to do so. Chain reaction for community awareness! :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZ6BA2 ... vRZ9lItIXw
I pledge to report Ero every time he tries adding goldz and sexy gearz to his characters with his GM privileges.

Also, I pledge to screenshot Skye's paladin first time I actually see it moving.
PC
MB: Asus M5A97 R2.0 (AM3+); CPU: AMD FX 8300 (@4,2GHz); GPU: Gigabyte R9 380 4GB GDDR5 (@1,15GHz); RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 1866MHz (2x4GB Kit); PSU: Coolermaster V550 (80+ Gold); CPU Cooler: LC-CC-120; Case: Antec GX505; Fans: Antec TrueQuiet 120mm x5; Monitor: AOC G2460PF (24'', 1ms, 144Hz, Freesync); Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RGB (Cherry MX Red); Mouse: Logitech G302; Surface: Roccat Taito Mid 5mm

wari

#11 » Post by wari » 22 Feb 2017 22:15

my pledge is shut down TW for good.

Kniteknite

#12 » Post by Kniteknite » 24 Feb 2017 11:56

just shut down the shroo for good instead~ :tick:
" French fries are like steaks, where the potato is the cow and gets cut up, like meat does, only on a smaller scale. "