Guild manager

Archive of discussions that have went stale. Lots o' dust over here!
Longi

Guild manager

#1 » Post by Longi » 14 Feb 2017 00:34

We all know there are websites like enjin.com or shivtr.com and more which people can use for guild activities...

This suggestion is about create similiar feature on the forum so people can use it here.

It can bring more activity on forum too, people will log to " guild manaager " and they can check new topics and so on.

There is nothing much to write about it, most of people know how these hosting sites work ... so why we dont have own and better option :D

Eronox
MVP

Re: Guild manager

#2 » Post by Eronox » 14 Feb 2017 00:44

Interesting idea. But as one who works with websites I can also feel the immediate struggle at once, since such a thing would take time indeed. A long shot in my eyes, we'll see what the desire hits up too :P

There's things that never will be right I know, and things need changin' everywhere you go.
But 'til we start to make a move to make a few things right,
You'll never see me wear a suit of white.

- J.R Cash

Etro
Honorary Member

#3 » Post by Etro » 14 Feb 2017 00:55

I don't know how those sites work. Can you list all the things a guild manager feature should have? How should it look? Only then I could give an opininion.
"With life, no matter what you do, you are all in. This is going to kill you. Might as well play the most magnificent game you can while you're waiting, because... Do you have anything better to do? Really?"

Eronox
MVP

#4 » Post by Eronox » 14 Feb 2017 01:31

Etro wrote:I don't know how those sites work. Can you list all the things a guild manager feature should have? How should it look? Only then I could give an opininion.
Features
  • ACP (Remove/Edit/Add news post & Moderation of members
  • Calendar (fetchable from armory?)
  • Rank Creation & Promotion
Design
  • News Index
  • Subforum for discussions, videos, etc
  • Customizable header (guild-specific)
  • Guild-Tabard logo (?)
My ideas brought to you through seconds of thinking!

There's things that never will be right I know, and things need changin' everywhere you go.
But 'til we start to make a move to make a few things right,
You'll never see me wear a suit of white.

- J.R Cash

Nyeriah

#5 » Post by Nyeriah » 14 Feb 2017 01:38

That would be quite huge, basically means that every guild would have their forum inside our forums. GC had that (guild forums). And people would probably not use it because it's not visible enough and doesn't offer enough management freedom as a third party board does.

As for the calendar, ranks, etc... that looks more like something we would see at armory. I thought you could create events from there, but I might be mistaken. Also, the calendar is available from there already I think.