Where am I in WoW? [Photo]

Archive of discussions that have went stale. Lots o' dust over here!
RebelPlatypus

Where am I in WoW? [Photo]

#1 » Post by RebelPlatypus » 11 Feb 2017 04:23

So I am a chronic leveler and have rarely adventured into raids or post-vanilla content. One time many many moons ago (probably 8+ years) I managed to snag this photo. To this day I have not figured out where I was when I took this. I'm SURE some of you guys will instantly recognize it so I thought I'd ask here: WHERE AM I?!

Royo

Re: Where am I in WoW? [Photo]

#2 » Post by Royo » 11 Feb 2017 05:19

Naxxramas - Plague Quarter

marisco

#3 » Post by marisco » 11 Feb 2017 05:37

Well, lets do some detective work, shall we? The architecture is clearly Scourge/forsaken so there's that. Judging by the dead mob on the ground and his gear he's probably a Cult of the Damned member. The white plaguehounds charging to eat your face are usually found alongside Scourge areas as well. So we remove the possibility that you are in Undercity doing some infiltration work for the glorious alliance.

We're also removing the possibility that you are in Northrend, because you said so. So where the hell the Scourge have a presence in Azeroth? The answer is The Plaguelands, both of em, one solo dungeon in the form of Razorfen Downs in Somalia (barrens) and the Ghostlands, the area where Arthas ravaged the lands of the glitter fairies (aka blood elves) on his way to the Sunwell. Since the razorfen scourge presence is barely visible architecture-wise and you have zero reasons to be in the ghostlands (unless you like exploring opposite faction lands) the answer is clear: you are somewhere in the Plaguelands.

No shit sherlock!

So here comes the difficult part: where exactly? Well it's clear that you are inside some Scourge structure. Since you said that you barely raided i'll throw Naxx out of the window. Specially since Vanilla Naxx was not a casual raid. So you are probably in a ziggurat or a slaughterhouse (those of you that have played warcraft 3 can recognize those structures by a mile away when you see then in wow, right?) If you are a dungeon guy one might argue that you are inside the ziggurat in Strat, i dont remember the mobs there very well to match with those on the screenshot though, but if you are not a dungeon guy you are most likely inside one of the buildings that are around Plaguewood (where Old naxx used to hang out before WoTLK moved it north) doing some quest or god-knows-what.

Like these ones:

Of course there's also the possibilty that I'm talking out of my ass here and completely wrong, so keep that in mind.

Perkulator

#4 » Post by Perkulator » 11 Feb 2017 07:20

It's Naxx ( Original version )