DodgyKebaab hack video

Archive of discussions that have went stale. Lots o' dust over here!
Faythrune

Re: DodgyKebaab hack video

#16 » Post by Faythrune » 06 Feb 2017 08:52

Longi wrote:It´s too late, people don´t care about things you will say after. Only thing they see is the server where isn´t working Anti-cheat system :) Damage is done and to be honest it´s not the first time when hackers were using hack tools and our system failed.
Longi it's like you want the servers to burn lol :)

Longi

#17 » Post by Longi » 06 Feb 2017 09:41

Faythrune wrote:
Longi wrote:It´s too late, people don´t care about things you will say after. Only thing they see is the server where isn´t working Anti-cheat system :) Damage is done and to be honest it´s not the first time when hackers were using hack tools and our system failed.
Longi it's like you want the servers to burn lol :)
Nop, I dont want to burn the server ( I like it here ), there are other people which are doing it slowly so I don´t have to waste time :D

True hurts

CloudrA

#18 » Post by CloudrA » 06 Feb 2017 14:57

Flooded wrote:
CloudrA wrote:
What do u mean how systems work? He was able to hack completely unpunished on the server thats a fact. I have known and seen hackers on this server that played using it frequently and never got punished, also to point out ur hypocrisy u fault him for judging ur systems and u just judged him based on his youtube content which u obviously dont understand
I can show you a list of banned hackers to tell you otherwise.
i would actually be quite interested in seeing that list if u dont mind :)

Canadareaver332

#19 » Post by Canadareaver332 » 06 Feb 2017 15:07

CloudrA wrote:
Flooded wrote:
CloudrA wrote:
What do u mean how systems work? He was able to hack completely unpunished on the server thats a fact. I have known and seen hackers on this server that played using it frequently and never got punished, also to point out ur hypocrisy u fault him for judging ur systems and u just judged him based on his youtube content which u obviously dont understand
I can show you a list of banned hackers to tell you otherwise.
i would actually be quite interested in seeing that list if u dont mind :)
feelsbadman

Eronox
MVP

#20 » Post by Eronox » 06 Feb 2017 15:08

Staff does not, and shall not, deliver viable ban specifics.

Threads purpose has been responded by an action of revamp, whos reveal is nearby as aforementioned by the Admin. I don't believe anything else futurely posted would be useful and therefor I'm taking the risky approach to lock it before the cups water runs over.

Regards.

There's things that never will be right I know, and things need changin' everywhere you go.
But 'til we start to make a move to make a few things right,
You'll never see me wear a suit of white.

- J.R Cash

Eronox
MVP

#21 » Post by Eronox » 06 Feb 2017 15:09

Note 2 Staff: Archive on revamp release

There's things that never will be right I know, and things need changin' everywhere you go.
But 'til we start to make a move to make a few things right,
You'll never see me wear a suit of white.

- J.R Cash

Nyeriah

#22 » Post by Nyeriah » 08 Feb 2017 07:45

Nyeriah wrote:I'll comment the video further later, we might actually have a new anti cheat release later this week.

That video should honestly be taken for what it is - entertainment. For a video that should be, at least in theory technical, it's about as relevant as when the guy next door tries to comment on politics. I can say that we're quite disappointed with how things proceeded regarding that and I honestly feel like the players and the staff of most of those servers were disrespected with how this review was presented. The fact that the different environments (expansion, emulator, tools) and the different server politics that are applied to each of them were neglected simply doesn't put them in a fair ground.

There's no magical solution for this problem. It's not an issue one can simply blanket under "developers are being lazy to deal with their problems" tag. But, I understand those are the very thoughts the general public is led to when they see something like this.

I acknowledge that the content was harmful to our server to a given extent, as it was to many others (and probably will be to a lot of others). But, since we already had our anti-cheat implementation in place, and since we already had most of the work done, we managed to give a response to it in a reasonable time.

Differently than the usual reviews, we were not contacted prior to the recording, we were not contacted after the recording, nor prior the publishing of the video, or after the publishing of the video. We were notified about it by our players. I honestly hope that in the future, in respect to the players and people who work in those servers, he will consider at least notifying them about it, in case it ends up luring hackers to their doorsteps. We were prepared to deal with it if we had an increase in the number of hackers, so far we have not seen anything out of the ordinary. Smaller servers may not have it that easy.

We were not questioned at any moment about what features or methods are used to coerce hackers at our server either, we would have had no problems addressing that.

Regardless of that... Life moves on. We acknowledge that we have flaws and at that time we were particularly understaffed. We are doing the best we can to address such problems. We have recruited more, we have improved our features. It's all a long road but eventually we are getting there. With all things considered, this event ended up being a rather good thing to us, and right now all that we need is the support of our community.

We never had the fame of a server where hackers roam free, it won't be now that we'll do so :) The new feature goes live at the next restart. Getting it implemented is just the first step though, there are a lot of things that we must set to ensure it's working as we wish it to, but to that, we heavily depend on feedback. So if you encounter any issues, don't hesitate, open a ticket and report it to a game master. We'll be gathering the information and trimming any false positives our calculations may give us.