DodgyKebaab hack video

Archive of discussions that have went stale. Lots o' dust over here!
beregas

DodgyKebaab hack video

#1 » Post by beregas » 04 Feb 2017 20:06

Hello guys, if you haven't watched Dodgy's video, please do

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xl1uYhl3cTU

Any plans on implementing an anti cheat system ?

Regent
Tester

Re: DodgyKebaab hack video

#2 » Post by Regent » 04 Feb 2017 20:18

Might want to do something about this... this kind of negative publicity from a relatively well known YouTuber among the private server reviewing community doesn't do PW any good. It doesn't do TW any good either if it uses the same system (Warden, isn't it?).
Rest in Peace,
Sarah Melody Jones.
May 20, 1989 - May 12, 2018.
Beloved Girlfriend & Mother-To-Be.
When I close my eyes, I see you.
When I open my eyes, I miss you.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Regent- - - - - - - - -Regentt- - - - - - - - -Regennt- - - - - - - - -Regency

Nyeriah

#3 » Post by Nyeriah » 04 Feb 2017 20:22

Our passive anti-cheat logs when someone's hacking, but it doesn't automatically ban like other servers do. I'll assume he has conveniently chosen a time that no GMs were online to check on it. Otherwise, this is TrinityCore, and a major part of the servers he has "tested" hacking on use the same emulator. I'm not sure what he expected to accomplish with that, but a hell of a way to get burnt out.

I plan on giving out a response to this, more directly, later this week.

Regent
Tester

#4 » Post by Regent » 04 Feb 2017 20:43

Discussion thread in case anyone wants to speak for PW or TW:
https://www.reddit.com/r/wowservers/com ... dgykebaab/
Rest in Peace,
Sarah Melody Jones.
May 20, 1989 - May 12, 2018.
Beloved Girlfriend & Mother-To-Be.
When I close my eyes, I see you.
When I open my eyes, I miss you.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Regent- - - - - - - - -Regentt- - - - - - - - -Regennt- - - - - - - - -Regency

Floss

#5 » Post by Floss » 04 Feb 2017 20:45

This really cracked me up and it's always good for the server to know it's Anti cheat levels.

Talmorious87

#6 » Post by Talmorious87 » 05 Feb 2017 02:57

We only let you guys, the people hosting the server and dev team, know this because we love you. :) Don't take it any other way.

Jiranthos
Admin

#7 » Post by Jiranthos » 05 Feb 2017 02:58

Talmorious87 wrote:We only let you guys, the people hosting the server and dev team, know this because we love you. :) Don't take it any other way.
Thank you. Nyeriah has already explained how we deal with it above, but we will look into fortifying our system even further, as this video is likely to cause many "adventurers" to try and mess around with stuff on Primal. Also, players, be vigilant and report if you see hacks being abused (take screenshots if possible) via tickets. Thank you, again.

Everybody knows that the best way to describe the ocean to a blind man is to push him in

.Venna
Donor

#8 » Post by .Venna » 05 Feb 2017 03:19

I used to think Dodgy was ok, but his lack of understanding of how systems work while judging those same systems, and his penchant for choosing the most childishly stupid toon names has made me reconsider.
Australian Tauren Resto Druid.
Primalwow.

ItchyVortex

#9 » Post by ItchyVortex » 05 Feb 2017 03:50

>he doesn't even know how to hack properly
Esunna, Feral Druid | Elainn, Discipline Priest

benzviliran

#10 » Post by benzviliran » 05 Feb 2017 12:10

beregas wrote:Hello guys, if you haven't watched Dodgy's video, please do

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xl1uYhl3cTU

Any plans on implementing an anti cheat system ?
wow it seems that primalwow and tw in this video have the shittiest anti cheat system or enforcement.

this is the impression of what new players get for many years.

im not surprised when an admin calls other gms ban whores when they ban hackers and see banning hackers as something negative.
I am the swarm

Nyeriah

#11 » Post by Nyeriah » 05 Feb 2017 12:50

I'll comment the video further later, we might actually have a new anti cheat release later this week.

CloudrA

#12 » Post by CloudrA » 05 Feb 2017 19:16

.Venna wrote:I used to think Dodgy was ok, but his lack of understanding of how systems work while judging those same systems, and his penchant for choosing the most childishly stupid toon names has made me reconsider.

What do u mean how systems work? He was able to hack completely unpunished on the server thats a fact. I have known and seen hackers on this server that played using it frequently and never got punished, also to point out ur hypocrisy u fault him for judging ur systems and u just judged him based on his youtube content which u obviously dont understand

Flooded
Former Staff

#13 » Post by Flooded » 06 Feb 2017 03:18

CloudrA wrote:
What do u mean how systems work? He was able to hack completely unpunished on the server thats a fact. I have known and seen hackers on this server that played using it frequently and never got punished, also to point out ur hypocrisy u fault him for judging ur systems and u just judged him based on his youtube content which u obviously dont understand
I can show you a list of banned hackers to tell you otherwise.

Canadareaver332

#14 » Post by Canadareaver332 » 06 Feb 2017 03:43

CloudrA wrote:
.Venna wrote:I used to think Dodgy was ok, but his lack of understanding of how systems work while judging those same systems, and his penchant for choosing the most childishly stupid toon names has made me reconsider.

ye

just today i saw some hacker but didn't react fast enough to take ss and he disapeared
but when i said in /say "you're a big guy"
he replied with four U letters

he had some weird ass epic plate mask i asked will he die if i take it off he said "it would be extremely painful"

what did he mean by this?? don't remember his name but it started with a B and I think it had 4 letters...

Longi

#15 » Post by Longi » 06 Feb 2017 07:15

It´s too late, people don´t care about things you will say after. Only thing they see is the server where isn´t working Anti-cheat system :) Damage is done and to be honest it´s not the first time when hackers were using hack tools and our system failed.