Quick Leveling Help?

Archive of discussions that have went stale. Lots o' dust over here!
GrimWonderland

Quick Leveling Help?

#1 » Post by GrimWonderland » 04 Feb 2017 07:04

Hello, I was curious if anyone had tips on leveling? I have poured close to 10 hours into a lv7 toon and I know the game is grindy af but the 4 or 5 quests I have are still too difficult for me even though the mobs at hand are around the same level as me. If it helps any, I'm a rogue and I know my class is squishy but I didn't remember it being uber squishy to solo. So... Any tips so I can keep questing?
btw I'm on Primal realm :D

VanillaPVE

Re: Quick Leveling Help?

#2 » Post by VanillaPVE » 04 Feb 2017 07:47

The first question is, are you training your skills every 2 levels? If you are still using level 1 attacks, against level 7 mobs you are going to have a hard time. If you are still having a hard time it doesn't hurt to hit a lower level zone. You can turn on the low level quest finder on your mini map and head to a different starter zone. Going up in quest level until you hit a sweet spot that you can complete. You have the boat from Auberdine to SW, and the tram from SW to IF. It may take some time but it is relatively easy to get around.

Floss

#3 » Post by Floss » 04 Feb 2017 10:38

First of all , follow VanillaPVE's advice.

Second of all , best levling spec for a rogue would be Combat.
I would use something like this :
http://www.truewow.org/armory/talentcal ... ,0&realm=p

You can change 5/5 Hack and Slash into Mace specialization or Close quarters Combat (depends on your weapons of choice) but always use 2 weapons of the same kind.

You can always check guides on best levling zones and etc. Google it.

IronSharona
Former Staff

#4 » Post by IronSharona » 05 Feb 2017 21:35

If you're having trouble with too many mobs attacking you, practice peeling one off to focus on. As you run to a clear area with it, use an ability like Sinister Strike every couple of seconds to keep its attention. As long as you don't use AOE, the other mobs will de-aggro and you can fight the single enemy in peace.
Welcome to the new decade! Let's hope the Roaring 20's come with just as much jazz, but a bit less prohibition and Great Depression. 8-)