Pull them back

Archive of discussions that have went stale. Lots o' dust over here!
Floss

Pull them back

#1 » Post by Floss » 20 Jan 2017 11:31

The biggest hit on Server population happened somewhere in the last year or so, right??

How about we throw a message to all the people that stopped logging within that period of time and tell them about the numerous changes we're having ?

Just like those auto messages you get from services/apps that you stopped using after a while telling you to comeback for a trial or whatever.

How to do that ? three possible ways :

1) You have all their emails from their Accounts , Send them 1 united message saying : We recommend you to comeback , we have bla bla bla bla new stuff.
2) You have a facebook page with 4246 people in it , make a post or two in there.
3) Use the community ,Guild buddies , have them contact their friends asking them to comeback to say hi and try stuff.

What do we have to offer them ? i believe that many cool things has been added by GMS and devs in the last few months. you can also try gifts upon returning and whatnot.

Maybe even ask them to join PW for instance , many of those who left don't even know it exists.

Eronox
MVP

Re: Pull them back

#2 » Post by Eronox » 20 Jan 2017 12:32

+1

There's things that never will be right I know, and things need changin' everywhere you go.
But 'til we start to make a move to make a few things right,
You'll never see me wear a suit of white.

- J.R Cash

Gadoschi
Donor

#3 » Post by Gadoschi » 20 Jan 2017 12:46

And, what exactly has been done that would be so significant in the past year?

- Wintergrasp is old news (players have come back to play it, got bored of it, then left again),
- ICC has been working well for quite some time (apart from Valithria Dreamwalker encounter, which is terribly undertuned and badly scripted)
- Ulduar achievements that were bugged are still bugged,
- Onyxia's Lair is still a piece of cake compared to what it should be (bugged Deep Breath, bugged Flame Vent damage in P3),
- Naxxramas is working fine, but nobody is doing it.

Fact is, despite all the shortcomings I mentioned above, TW is still way above any other server in terms of scripting quality, and we all know that, and have known that for years.

I don't think it's the reason for player departures.

The reason behind is, in my opinion, in the fact that this server has, for far too long, depended on 1 or 2 guilds to get things going, and once those guilds have moved/become inactive, server activity kind of died out.

Of course, the suggestion cannot hurt the server in any way, on the contrary, I'm just not convinced it will have much effect as players are already very well aware of TW's qualities and shortcomings, and no dramatic improvements were made (or even possible to be made) in the stated period.
PC
MB: Asus M5A97 R2.0 (AM3+); CPU: AMD FX 8300 (@4,2GHz); GPU: Gigabyte R9 380 4GB GDDR5 (@1,15GHz); RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 1866MHz (2x4GB Kit); PSU: Coolermaster V550 (80+ Gold); CPU Cooler: LC-CC-120; Case: Antec GX505; Fans: Antec TrueQuiet 120mm x5; Monitor: AOC G2460PF (24'', 1ms, 144Hz, Freesync); Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RGB (Cherry MX Red); Mouse: Logitech G302; Surface: Roccat Taito Mid 5mm

Eronox
MVP

#4 » Post by Eronox » 20 Jan 2017 12:59

Gadoschi wrote:..
Would it hurt to simply throw a few messages out just for a chance of highening the population, even if it's one single count? ^_^

There's things that never will be right I know, and things need changin' everywhere you go.
But 'til we start to make a move to make a few things right,
You'll never see me wear a suit of white.

- J.R Cash

milanlord

#5 » Post by milanlord » 20 Jan 2017 13:06

Anything that won't change a game mechanism in order to get population has my support. +1
Retired - Sadly I can't agree with cf bg's being a good choice for the server. The only thing we got with this feature is less bg's nowadays and less people online and I can't participate in this big mistake.

Floss

#6 » Post by Floss » 20 Jan 2017 13:26

Gadoschi wrote:
It's not like this will be our salvation...
I just hope it brings some old players back in the game.

skyx

#7 » Post by skyx » 20 Jan 2017 13:37

If arenas was gear restricted and not infested with Shadowmorons then maybe people might play again.

Also the lack of GM PvP events doesn't help.

blagovest_tonev

#8 » Post by blagovest_tonev » 21 Jan 2017 06:35

I believe many of them left because they simply completed the PvE content or just got bored doing the same stuff over and over. In my opinion, the Staff must do some work in the PvP area, so maybe then those players can find something to do here, and maybe we could get some new players among, who knows. About your three points in the first post, you have my +1 :tick:

devil5000

#9 » Post by devil5000 » 21 Jan 2017 15:05

Why do you people keep blaming poor PvP as the reason people left? People left bcs of various reasons.Most of them left since they got bored or because they got RL stuff to take care of.Only few of them maybe left beacause of PvP and drama.

Also +1 for this suggestion
Horde Main : Marick
Alliance Main : Anastasiya

Longi

#10 » Post by Longi » 21 Jan 2017 15:52

Floss wrote:The biggest hit on Server population happened somewhere in the last year or so, right??

How about we throw a message to all the people that stopped logging within that period of time and tell them about the numerous changes we're having ?

Just like those auto messages you get from services/apps that you stopped using after a while telling you to comeback for a trial or whatever.

How to do that ? three possible ways :

1) You have all their emails from their Accounts , Send them 1 united message saying : We recommend you to comeback , we have bla bla bla bla new stuff.
2) You have a facebook page with 4246 people in it , make a post or two in there.
3) Use the community ,Guild buddies , have them contact their friends asking them to comeback to say hi and try stuff.

What do we have to offer them ? i believe that many cool things has been added by GMS and devs in the last few months. you can also try gifts upon returning and whatnot.

Maybe even ask them to join PW for instance , many of those who left don't even know it exists.

1. More than 90% of emails are fake, none is using real email for this shit :D
2. its 2017, who else care about FB ? oO ( btw TW has Twitter too and it is useful as .... )
3. Use commuity ? which one, those people who left, or those who are bitching about everything at the forum / ingame
3.1. We asked friedns to play here, This game is damn bored without friends :D
3.2. There is nothing left to try if you play same expansion for years and yea not all want to do PVP, right ?

skyx

#11 » Post by skyx » 21 Jan 2017 16:11

devil5000 wrote:Why do you people keep blaming poor PvP as the reason people left? People left bcs of various reasons.Most of them left since they got bored or because they got RL stuff to take care of.Only few of them maybe left beacause of PvP and drama.

Just look at TW's competing servers; they all support both PvE and PvP equally. While it is true WoW is a PvE game first, it also has PvP elements and the PvP quality here is absolutely bad and needs unblizz-like intervention.

devil5000

#12 » Post by devil5000 » 21 Jan 2017 17:10

skyx wrote:
devil5000 wrote:Why do you people keep blaming poor PvP as the reason people left? People left bcs of various reasons.Most of them left since they got bored or because they got RL stuff to take care of.Only few of them maybe left beacause of PvP and drama.

Just look at TW's competing servers; they all support both PvE and PvP equally. While it is true WoW is a PvE game first, it also has PvP elements and the PvP quality here is absolutely bad and needs unblizz-like intervention.
So out of curiosity what would you do to the PvP if you could do anything?
Horde Main : Marick
Alliance Main : Anastasiya

skyx

#13 » Post by skyx » 21 Jan 2017 17:19

devil5000 wrote:
skyx wrote:

So out of curiosity what would you do to the PvP if you could do anything?
you have to check my previous posts because I have been giving out (mostly) decent suggestions one after another but nothing has happened and I doubt anything PvP-related will happen.

Kniteknite

#14 » Post by Kniteknite » 21 Jan 2017 23:20

why not? +1 :)
" French fries are like steaks, where the potato is the cow and gets cut up, like meat does, only on a smaller scale. "

vladancar

#15 » Post by vladancar » 21 Jan 2017 23:25

Cant hurt +1