[PW] Hall of Fame (Ahead of the Curve from retail)

Archive of discussions that have went stale. Lots o' dust over here!
Gnurg

[PW] Hall of Fame (Ahead of the Curve from retail)

#1 » Post by Gnurg » 12 Jan 2017 23:24

Could we add a page, where we add every player who cleared the whole raid (all bosses) before next one is released? It should have a tab for each raid we've raided and should start from Naxxramas (maybe Ahn'Qiraj 40 as well?). Short raids like Gruul's Lair should not be included. Just alphabetically listing the names would be all that's needed.

Once the next raid is released, you get the list of names by making some query looking up if you've killed all the bosses in the previous raid. The data should be available somewhere, because you can already keep up with people's raid progression for each raid in their character page.

It can probably be extended to something more, but for now names would be good. :-)
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

Longi

Re: [PW] Hall of Fame (Ahead of the Curve from retail)

#2 » Post by Longi » 12 Jan 2017 23:59

so you want to create a page where you will add 70-80% of players from PW ? :D

Nyeriah

#3 » Post by Nyeriah » 13 Jan 2017 00:04

I thought of this, but it can cause unwanted disputes. On retail, it's used in the same fashion as the GS addon used to be used back at WotLK (block players from joining the next level of content without much thinking or considering their potential).

Longi

#4 » Post by Longi » 13 Jan 2017 00:10

I think Realm first ladder will work here for PW, lets say one season is from Vannilla to Wotlk. Let us assume that Roel will reset project in 2020 when PW reach Wotlk and server begins from Vannila again... So for "each year" new realm first - a lot things you can work with :)

Gnurg

#5 » Post by Gnurg » 13 Jan 2017 00:13

Nyeriah wrote:I thought of this, but it can cause unwanted disputes. On retail, it's used in the same fashion as the GS addon used to be used back at WotLK (block players from joining the next level of content without much thinking or considering their potential).
We're so few people that we can't really afford to block out people besides the ones who are complete jerks. I don't think it'll be a problem here, we have much more of a community than retail, due to the lesser population.
Longi wrote:so you want to create a page where you will add 70-80% of players from PW ? :D
Maybe it turns out like that, but it wouldn't take up more than 200 names at max. Four columns and fifty rows shouldn't be that hard to fit in.
Last edited by Gnurg on 13 Jan 2017 00:20, edited 2 times in total.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
KTHXBYE

Gnurg

#6 » Post by Gnurg » 13 Jan 2017 00:17

Longi wrote:I think Realm first ladder will work here for PW, lets say one season is from Vannilla to Wotlk. Let us assume that Roel will reset project in 2020 when PW reach Wotlk and server begins from Vannila again... So for "each year" new realm first - a lot things you can work with :)
Realm first will create drama. i.e. "You only killed it first, because you got to it first after the nerf." or "EU has an advantage over NA when it comes to Realm resets". Just completing it by the next raid release would give everyone in a raiding guild a shot at it, ensuring that no one dedicated would feel left out.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
KTHXBYE

Longi

#7 » Post by Longi » 13 Jan 2017 00:30

Gnurg wrote:
Longi wrote:I think Realm first ladder will work here for PW, lets say one season is from Vannilla to Wotlk. Let us assume that Roel will reset project in 2020 when PW reach Wotlk and server begins from Vannila again... So for "each year" new realm first - a lot things you can work with :)
Realm first will create drama. i.e. "You only killed it first, because you got to it first after the nerf." or "EU has an advantage over NA when it comes to Realm resets". Just completing it by the next raid release would give everyone in a raiding guild a shot at it, ensuring that no one dedicated would feel left out.
Do not compare TW and PW community :D
There is any Eu based guild on PW ? It doesnt matter if they kill it with nerf or no. People will always try.
PW is special project, Roel started something new ( I think he was the first who created this type of server, well there is few new projects now ) so realm first can work here well, you can always add to it percentage of nerf ... like realm first Naxxramas with 50% nerf ... so people will try kill it on harder version or they will laugh like look they killed it with 99.99 % nerf :D
no dramas, just ladder

Nyeriah

#8 » Post by Nyeriah » 13 Jan 2017 03:48

I also thought a "realm first" list for these side content would be a great idea. I even thought of adding a global announce whenever the content is downed for the first time... but then I realized it wouldn't be a good idea so I agree with Gnurg. Realm firsts kinda throw salt into wounds for no reason... even though deep, deep down it'd actually be a rather cool addition.

Gnurg

#9 » Post by Gnurg » 13 Jan 2017 11:02

Bump for visibility. :-)
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
KTHXBYE

warangels

#10 » Post by warangels » 13 Jan 2017 15:16

Nyeriah wrote:I also thought a "realm first" list for these side content would be a great idea. I even thought of adding a global announce whenever the content is downed for the first time... but then I realized it wouldn't be a good idea so I agree with Gnurg. Realm firsts kinda throw salt into wounds for no reason... even though deep, deep down it'd actually be a rather cool addition.
I totally agree.

Gnurg

#11 » Post by Gnurg » 18 Jan 2017 16:09

Bump. :-)
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
KTHXBYE

Glonz

#12 » Post by Glonz » 18 Jan 2017 16:29

Literally almost all realm-firsts up to AQ were decided through the raid times of each guild (the guild that has earliest scheduled raid day after reset). Also seeing how raid releases have been delayed since BWL (3 bosses every month), it makes the competitive aspect of realmfirsts on Primal almost non-existant - rarely anyone cares about the bosses inbetween. Add bugs that are not fixed until shortly after release, as well as unforeseen things, and you get the picture.