opening a new WotLK progresive realm?

Archive of discussions that have went stale. Lots o' dust over here!
Gadoschi
Donor

Re: opening a new WotLK progresive realm?

#16 » Post by Gadoschi » 17 Jan 2017 15:22

Actually, it simply comes down to the population of the realm.

Let's say that on average 10% of player population is capable of clearing end-game content.

Say your population is 150 - that comes down to 15 capable players.

If, on the other hand, you have 500 players to choose from, that number is already 50, and even if not everyone shows up for the raid, that still means you are able to actually choose who to invite for raid, and have replacements jump in when necessary - neither of which are available on a low populated server.
PC
MB: Asus M5A97 R2.0 (AM3+); CPU: AMD FX 8300 (@4,2GHz); GPU: Gigabyte R9 380 4GB GDDR5 (@1,15GHz); RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 1866MHz (2x4GB Kit); PSU: Coolermaster V550 (80+ Gold); CPU Cooler: LC-CC-120; Case: Antec GX505; Fans: Antec TrueQuiet 120mm x5; Monitor: AOC G2460PF (24'', 1ms, 144Hz, Freesync); Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RGB (Cherry MX Red); Mouse: Logitech G302; Surface: Roccat Taito Mid 5mm

Longi

#17 » Post by Longi » 17 Jan 2017 15:35

Gadoschi wrote:Actually, it simply comes down to the population of the realm.

Let's say that on average 10% of player population is capable of clearing end-game content.

Say your population is 150 - that comes down to 15 capable players.

If, on the other hand, you have 500 players to choose from, that number is already 50, and even if not everyone shows up for the raid, that still means you are able to actually choose who to invite for raid, and have replacements jump in when necessary - neither of which are available on a low populated server.
Sooo .... you said in bried ... " Fuck those newbies, Fuck those who want to learn but they dont know everything yet, Fuck 90% of server population. " The Best " horde guild doesn´t need you, we want only PRO gamers, People which wont waste our time in raids. "

Why to support new people when you can raid with old dogs ( sadly they are slowly leaving the server now and guess what, there is none left to prepare or lead that new generation comming here, only few lazy asses like you who will cry at the forum instead of try harder :D )
Bravo ! /applause

PS : I ll bet with you that even you were lame some time ago :)
PSS : you can create a test with 60 questions and only people who will pass it, only those players will get access to play on TW :D

Gadoschi
Donor

#18 » Post by Gadoschi » 17 Jan 2017 15:56

I never said people won't get invites.

But, you will most likely not be able to clear all raids with just about anyone in the group.

And, so what if I want to raid with people who don't suck and waste my time? Is that so wrong?
PC
MB: Asus M5A97 R2.0 (AM3+); CPU: AMD FX 8300 (@4,2GHz); GPU: Gigabyte R9 380 4GB GDDR5 (@1,15GHz); RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 1866MHz (2x4GB Kit); PSU: Coolermaster V550 (80+ Gold); CPU Cooler: LC-CC-120; Case: Antec GX505; Fans: Antec TrueQuiet 120mm x5; Monitor: AOC G2460PF (24'', 1ms, 144Hz, Freesync); Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RGB (Cherry MX Red); Mouse: Logitech G302; Surface: Roccat Taito Mid 5mm

Longi

#19 » Post by Longi » 17 Jan 2017 19:03

Gadoschi wrote:I never said people won't get invites.

But, you will most likely not be able to clear all raids with just about anyone in the group.

And, so what if I want to raid with people who don't suck and waste my time? Is that so wrong?
so do you think that you are better than others ? :D Are you one from those 10% of the server population, you are PRO player and others suck ? :D and only with you people wont waste time and clear every raid ? :D

Jiranthos
Admin

#20 » Post by Jiranthos » 17 Jan 2017 19:04

You are derailing this thread... :/
Please take this to PMs or whispers.

Everybody knows that the best way to describe the ocean to a blind man is to push him in

Gadoschi
Donor

#21 » Post by Gadoschi » 18 Jan 2017 10:24

I will not not discuss it any further with a person who clearly aims at starting a flaming debate in this thread.

Fact is, more players (up to a point, which we are light years from) are generally beneficial to any wow realm, and TW/PW are no exceptions.

Staff has made their decision about new realm's settings and I doubt that will change. We have to deal with it and keep playing while eagerly awaiting to see what will happen to both TW and Stormhold.

And finally, @Longi: When it comes to PvE - yes, I do consider myself to be better than most players. There are objective parameters to measure a raid's (and through that, player's) quality: bosses cleared, raid duration, number of wipes, achievements completed, player deaths, ammount of slacking and afking, thinking without your own head instead of having to be told what to do in almost every single fight, etc..
However, even if my perception is wrong, it still doesn't change the fact that TW is basically on its all-time low in terms of numbers, and that it's very difficult to make anything worth even a decent PvEr's attention (apart from the occasional 10-man raid - but let's face it, 10-men are boring and the awards are nowhere nearly as good as in 25-men raids, and even then, it's pretty much the same 10-12 people in every good 10-men run, only on different characters), and I'm fairly certain things aren't that much different in PvP either.

I would rather have 10 new lvl 80 players who will actually do stuff than 200 new levellers, 80% of which will quit before lvl 30.
PC

Gadoschi
Donor

#22 » Post by Gadoschi » 21 Jan 2017 20:20

Another reason why I think transfers from any realm to TW realm should be allowed - 80% of the realm is lvl 80 characters, and lvling up is completely dead (even compared to end-game, which by itself is pretty bad right now), and nobody really cares whether your char was lvled up legit or not, we just need more players for end-game.

Clearly, this server has been way past the "lvling excitement" stage for ages.
PC