Death threats => Ban?

Archive of discussions that have went stale. Lots o' dust over here!
Gnurg

Death threats => Ban?

#1 » Post by Gnurg » 07 Dec 2016 22:04

I was informed that a player received a ban for death threats towards another player. I don't know to what extent it was, but don't you usually resolve such issues by making the offended player /ignore the offender? How come this one was treated with a ban? In addition, both the account that was logged in and the offender's played-account got banned, even though it's been made clear that you don't do cross-account bans. So even a tougher punishment than usual.

According to the offender(s), certain staff members have been, directly and in-directly, harassing them. What gives them the right to display similar behaviour, but yet get away with it?

I don't have any evidence to show, but I suppose the involved players may choose to present them, if they so wish. I am just interested in knowing when the line is crossed and a punishment is in place. Is it based on relations between the involved players and staff?

I would prefer if you would not delete this topic or lock it right away, I'll just make a new one then. Give players time to express their opinion on this. I would encourage everyone to stay away from any type of personal insults, as I would view that as a legit reason to close this topic.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

Arniss

Re: Death threats => Ban?

#2 » Post by Arniss » 07 Dec 2016 22:17

Gnurg, you know I am dealing with stalking and credible death threats which I am working with the authorities regarding. I've made this very clear publically. I suspect you to be associated with these individuals. Do not and I repeat do NOT continue to come and "try to find me", you doing so is a felony. The FBI and local police both have written statements from me regarding how I, and my girlfriend, will deal with any approach from people involved in this stalking ring. This is the only response you will get from me. I strongly recommend that you speak to a lawyer before you consider continuing this and understand the laws where I live.

arnis5
Banned

#3 » Post by arnis5 » 07 Dec 2016 22:25

Well how low can you go rly to make fake forum profile and claim that you are me? lmao. I reported Syke, Remulo, Ragnarok and Arockalypse for death threats towards me but I got ignored totaly. Staff is as always working for friends only and thats why TW is sinking down. We should all give BIG /CLAP to Nyeriah, because he is the person who should be blamed for most of server drama and people leaving server.
Arnis - Marksmanship Hunter PVE/PVP
Predatoor - Death Knight Hybrid Tank/Blood Dps PVE
Restoration - Shaman Resto/Ele PVE
Arniscat - Druid Feral Tank/Restoration PVE
Arnisrocks - Paladin Protection/Retribution PVE
Arnislock - Warlock Demonology PVE
Stanimalo - Rogue Combat PVE
Mazdean - Priest Shadow/Holy PVE
Pecaros - Warrior Protection/Fury PVE
Arniskhanna - Mage Arcane PVE
The Demonic Lord!
If you're going through hell, keep going.

Arniss

#4 » Post by Arniss » 07 Dec 2016 22:28

Becasue Arockalypse is the jihadi overload, he cannot be banned, and I get banned instead. His army of muslim cyberstalkers threatened me, by saying that they will make me lose one of precious 3 islands I have. I, the tough guy, the alpha and omega cannot allow that. Better question is, who PAYED ragnArOk to call one of my lawyers regarding an island I have in Sweden? The location of the island supposed to be a top secret, but that information somehow leaked! You gms are all corrupted, supporting the jihadi leader. Next time this happens, I'll have you all in a wheelchair!
Last edited by Guest on 07 Dec 2016 22:45, edited 1 time in total.

Cocopuffs
Donor

#5 » Post by Cocopuffs » 07 Dec 2016 22:39

arnis5 wrote:Well how low can you go rly to make fake forum profile and claim that you are me? lmao. I reported Syke, Remulo, Ragnarok and Arockalypse for death threats towards me but I got ignored totaly. Staff is as always working for friends only and thats why TW is sinking down. We should all give BIG /CLAP to Nyeriah, because he is the person who should be blamed for most of server drama and people leaving server.
ah ah ah, i reported you to PETA for wearing squirrels over your eyes.

w00le

#6 » Post by w00le » 07 Dec 2016 22:40

Wow is a serious game. You should be prepared for everything.

Arniss

#7 » Post by Arniss » 07 Dec 2016 22:41

Cocopuffs wrote:
arnis5 wrote:Well how low can you go rly to make fake forum profile and claim that you are me? lmao. I reported Syke, Remulo, Ragnarok and Arockalypse for death threats towards me but I got ignored totaly. Staff is as always working for friends only and thats why TW is sinking down. We should all give BIG /CLAP to Nyeriah, because he is the person who should be blamed for most of server drama and people leaving server.
ah ah ah, i reported you to PETA for wearing squirrels over your eyes.
You reported me???? I'll make you swallow my unibrow!

Arniss

#8 » Post by Arniss » 07 Dec 2016 22:42

w00le wrote:Wow is a serious game. You should be prepared for everything.
My parents wanted to prepare me to earn over 4k euros per month, but leading a guild was simply better!

Arockalypse
Donor

#9 » Post by Arockalypse » 07 Dec 2016 22:45

Shadow Council of Hellraisers
TrueWoW member since 2010.

⌁ How the little piggies will grunt when they hear how the old boar suffered ⌁

Gnurg

#10 » Post by Gnurg » 07 Dec 2016 22:46

I would like to remind both of you that you should stay away from personal insults.

May I remind you that Nyeriah has been administrating and developing TrueWoW for the past two-three (+) years. I am confident when saying that TrueWoW would never have been in a better shape without her.

I hope the staff can prevent this fake account from posting in this thread (and other threads, as its only purpose its clearly to portrait Arnis as a bad person).

Now that the cat's out of the box, why was Arnis treated with a ban, while his report(s) was left ignored?
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

Arniss

#11 » Post by Arniss » 07 Dec 2016 22:48

Gnurg wrote:I would like to remind both of you that you should stay away from personal insults.

May I remind you that Nyeriah has been administrating and developing TrueWoW for the past two-three (+) years. I am confident when saying that TrueWoW would never have been in a better shape without her.

I hope the staff can prevent this fake account from posting in this thread (and other threads, as its only purpose its clearly to portrait Arnis as a bad person).

Now that the cat's out of the box, why was Arnis treated with a ban, while his report was left ignored?
I'm not a bad person, I just want to gear Mirramar so she can become a knight, I don't want any armor becasue it's not for me, i'm more of a kitchen type of guy!

Cocopuffs
Donor

#12 » Post by Cocopuffs » 07 Dec 2016 22:50

Gnurg wrote:Now that the cat's out of the box, why was Arnis treated with a ban, while his report(s) was left ignored?
the cat is on arnis's forehead actually. yea what happened to hid report? would make topic more fun

Arockalypse
Donor

#13 » Post by Arockalypse » 07 Dec 2016 22:54

too loose, brow's thicker
Shadow Council of Hellraisers
TrueWoW member since 2010.

⌁ How the little piggies will grunt when they hear how the old boar suffered ⌁

Arniss

#14 » Post by Arniss » 07 Dec 2016 23:01

Gnurg I apreciate all this I mean I like scandinavian girls, but I like sweden ones more,I hope you will understand this becasue I truly love you as a friend

Nyeriah

#15 » Post by Nyeriah » 07 Dec 2016 23:03

The player was casting death threats against someone that lived close to them and apparently they potentially had a real life connection, as to know their real life names and where they lived. The player seemed really concerned about it so I advised him to inform the authorities about what had happened and told him I'd be passing the information to the rest of the staff so we decide what actions can be taken regarding this matter from our end.

The character from where these threats were cast belonged to player B while they allowed player A to use it to perform the act. It was imputed to player B equal responsibility for the act because it could only have happened with their consentment.

When the staff gathered to decide what course of action to be taken towards the defendant not only this occurrence was taken in account but the entire historic of violations the player has.
According to the offender(s), certain staff members have been, directly and in-directly, harassing them. What gives them the right to display similar behaviour, but yet get away with it?
Who are those certain staff members? And have you talked to those certain staff members about this? Or are you just casting accusatory illations without even checking the facts in beforehand? This is a rather presumptuous and irresponsible statement. If you're accusing someone like this you should have taken the care to get that covered. If you're convinced of your instance in the matter to this point I would advise filling a report to Roel.

All the way through the course of this process I had minimal involvement with anything that was done or decided. I simply said that something should be done about the matter and it shouldn't get away without a response because this extrapolates the lines of an internet troll, it involves people who live close and who knows what kind of people are out there.

I was responsible for enforcing the staff's decision and carried on with the bans of both players. At the time, I had no reasons to make an opposition to what the staff had decided.