Dread Corsair Morph for 3.3.5 client

Archive of discussions that have went stale. Lots o' dust over here!
Vaen

Dread Corsair Morph for 3.3.5 client

#1 » Post by Vaen » 17 Nov 2016 20:54

I was wondering if anybody knew how to modify my game files so I can visually change my character to have the Dread Corsair morph (http://www.wowhead.com/spell=50517/) all the time (I don't mind if it's through a command).

I don't actually know if it's possible, any help would be appreciated.
Vaen - Human Warrior
Verwandlung - Human Lock
Parallel - Human Priest

Follow me on Twitch

Vaen

Re: Dread Corsair Morph for 3.3.5 client

#2 » Post by Vaen » 18 Nov 2016 23:13

Bump, anyone?
Vaen - Human Warrior
Verwandlung - Human Lock
Parallel - Human Priest

Follow me on Twitch

Animal

#3 » Post by Animal » 19 Nov 2016 01:11

Can't you do this through transmog? Looks like a buccaneers set with first mate's hat. The only other option I can think of is using model swappers, sadly tmorph doesn't have a 3.3.5 version.

Vaen

#4 » Post by Vaen » 19 Nov 2016 05:52

The morph has unique model for character itself (face, for instance). But this was for the primal realm where transmog isn't available anyways.
Vaen - Human Warrior
Verwandlung - Human Lock
Parallel - Human Priest

Follow me on Twitch

gullygodx

#5 » Post by gullygodx » 19 Nov 2016 15:44

To answer your original question, it's possible to edit mpq/dbc files and swap the models, but the downside is that everyone with same race and gender as your character will also appear like a pirate. This is why people just use morphers instead, tools that inject dll to change your character into any model or object from the game. I have used simply morpher in the past on various servers without any problems, but there is some anecdotal evidence of people getting temp bans from anti cheat sowftware. Should probably consult server staff about using it.
Spoiler:

Vaen

#6 » Post by Vaen » 21 Nov 2016 01:44

gullygodx wrote:
Spoiler:
To answer your original question, it's possible to edit mpq/dbc files and swap the models, but the downside is that everyone with same race and gender as your character will also appear like a pirate. This is why people just use morphers instead, tools that inject dll to change your character into any model or object from the game. I have used simply morpher in the past on various servers without any problems, but there is some anecdotal evidence of people getting temp bans from anti cheat sowftware. Should probably consult server staff about using it.
Spoiler:
Thanks, it works perfectly.
Vaen - Human Warrior
Verwandlung - Human Lock
Parallel - Human Priest

Follow me on Twitch