Icecrown Citadel Zone Buff

Archive of discussions that have went stale. Lots o' dust over here!
iceshock

Re: Icecrown Citadel Zone Buff

#31 » Post by iceshock » 17 Jun 2016 18:03

Im fine with either 0% icc buff, or 30%, all or nothing in my oppinion because it's strange to have 20%.

In reguard's to the lich king being "harder"...

well before it was a rofflestomp you would just nuke it down before you ran out of players to kill him.

Now the fight actually has tactic's, player's simply need to learn them, if learning tactic's for a fight is too hard for a player to do then he really shouldn't be in a raid group or even raiding at all.
Bangarang - Inquisition - Guild Leader

Guild Inquisition Website: http://the-inquisition.enjin.com/

Chars:
Spoiler:
Bangarang, Dumont, Shotzfired, Moto, Banearang, Iceshock, Crosshatch, Gopro, SMS, Hdmi, Shotzrfired.
Anybody with a name like me but not listed here ISN'T ME.

Gnurg

#32 » Post by Gnurg » 17 Jun 2016 18:05

Hansrutger wrote:1.5% of players who are online usually at peak time, let's have a bigger number than a usual one, let's say we were actually 500 players online at peak time when people are doing raids. That is 7,5 players.

"No I meant out of all the players". Well there are 143714 accounts registered, does that mean everyone is playing? Sorry but I have to say that while some guilds have 10-15 players online, Inquisition / Hellraisers / Divinity has up to 45 lmao (reduced now by summer time). No offense but where is that 1.5%?

What I'm trying to point out is that I see the lack of point in that "1.5%" argument as I do not find it being true.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

belendor

#33 » Post by belendor » 17 Jun 2016 18:15

Gnurg wrote:I think 30 % would make the encounter stupidly simple as you could likely just burst through phase 2 and hope for good RNG when it comes to grabs. I still find it lame that so many classes can make it back to the platform as that's obviously not how Blizzard intended it, but rather how the encounter turned out.

If you can't chain-cc, change targets and handle the defile while DPSing the val'kyrs in order to have a full group at phase 3, you simply don't deserve to kill the hardest boss on the server.

What about everyone who took down the easier versions of LK? I personally think the achievement for killing him on 25H should be reset to encourage people to really show that they are worthy of having defeated him (many have it from when valks could be snared to drop the player). But this is something I haven't seen on TW, so doubt that would ever happen.

Either way, -1 from me.
Or u could reverse the fixes to the point bombs fall super fast in FM, or ragin spirits pop up in fm.

good time :3
Belendor lvl 80 prot/holy paladin - The original

No need to mention the other paladins.

Best word in west flemish 'toetoet'

Hansrutger
Former Staff

#34 » Post by Hansrutger » 17 Jun 2016 19:08

exchanger1 wrote:
Hansrutger wrote:1.5% of players who are online usually at peak time, let's have a bigger number than a usual one, let's say we were actually 500 players online at peak time when people are doing raids. That is 7,5 players.

"No I meant out of all the players". Well there are 143714 accounts registered, does that mean everyone is playing? Sorry but I have to say that while some guilds have 10-15 players online, Inquisition / Hellraisers / Divinity has up to 45 lmao (reduced now by summer time). No offense but where is that 1.5%?

What I'm trying to point out is that I see the lack of point in that "1.5%" argument as I do not find it being true.
TRUEWOW REALM
Type: PvP all content unlocked
Rates: 1x
Online: 293 (max 782)
Characters: 219203

Total of 3 guild's character = 3.2k~

which makes it 1.5% as of OVERALL POPULATION.
Okay now show me where all those 219203 characters are. :D This is why I find your argument invalid, you're taking a number that is only increasing but never decreasing. I will go and make 10 more characters on some account, the counter is increased. You most likely forgot that characters != overall population.

Listen, does more PUGs happen than Inq + Div + HR all together? Yes! Is it even close to 1.5%? Comon man.
Retired

I'd say that trying is the best one can do in order to higher themselves from the people crying and only complaining. Whilst you try, it doesn't mean it is always going to be the most successful result but I'd like to think that it is still a better choice than standing idle.

TrueWoW main: Palamaster

exchanger1

#35 » Post by exchanger1 » 17 Jun 2016 19:52

Okay now show me where all those 219203 characters are. :D This is why I find your argument invalid, you're taking a number that is only increasing but never decreasing. I will go and make 10 more characters on some account, the counter is increased. You most likely forgot that characters != overall population.

Listen, does more PUGs happen than Inq + Div + HR all together? Yes!
Overall population = anyone who makes a character for whatever reason and does whatever he fucking wants and logs in whenever he fucking wants (I hope you get the point here)
My argument is still valid, I can reverse what you said by saying you can move those 10 chars to either of the guilds as well
thus fucking up the ratio
That was just a rough example that you took so seriously and made few posts about it -- while the whole focus of my post was that the larger majority of players are in CASUAL scene
does more PUGs happen than Inq + Div + HR all together? Yes!
on which you've agreed.
Crown aka Poslednji

Blacklustersoldier
Honorary Member

#36 » Post by Blacklustersoldier » 17 Jun 2016 20:14

I haven't stepped in a raid for about two weeks mainly due to work and retail, but I understood the recent fixes made LK bit more challenging.
I'm a casual player, and lately with all the fixes the server received, icc takes up to 4 hours or more with a group of people who know what they do and who refuse to abuse the known bugs for our benefit. 4 to 5 hours means half of my free time on a working day where I work 8 hours and I need another 2 for work related stuff (mostly bus travel). I'm not going to spend that much time in a raid on a working day, so I rather not raid at all.

I personally am up for increasing the buff to 30% if it means that raids will be shorter and that I will have time to do something else in the day besides sleeping.

So from a casual pov, yes +1
From a hardcore pov... sure another +1, because it makes it easier for a group to kill him.

And for past and future replies that revolve around the idea that I want easy and almost free shit.
Yes, yes I do want easy and almost free shit, because I don't want to spend 5hours wiping on a boss because Steven and Bob can't run away from defile fast enough, or because they can't dps valks cause reasons. Team work is supposed to make things easier, not harder.
RETIRED
Contact info:
[hide]Skype: bone.link90
Battle tag EU: bonelink90#2702
E-mail: bone.link90@yahoo.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Mihai.Udrescu90
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198138722978/[/hide]
Char list:
[hide]Blackluster
Katra
Mystral
Sepinia
Shanira
Stasher
Lightluster
Soreya
Dastan
Xeria
Runya[/hide]

Hansrutger
Former Staff

#37 » Post by Hansrutger » 17 Jun 2016 20:29

exchanger1 wrote:

Listen, does more PUGs happen than Inq + Div + HR all together? Yes!
Overall population = anyone who makes a character for whatever reason and does whatever he fucking wants and logs in whenever he fucking wants (I hope you get the point here)
My argument is still valid, I can reverse what you said by saying you can move those 10 chars to either of the guilds as well
thus fucking up the ratio
That was just a rough example that you took so seriously and made few posts about it -- while the whole focus of my post was that the larger majority of players are in CASUAL scene
does more PUGs happen than Inq + Div + HR all together? Yes!
on which you've agreed.
Read again, you're missing my point. You say it's 1.5% you could admit that you just calculated based on wrong values for the correct argument, simple. Cheers won't go topic anymore! :D
Retired

I'd say that trying is the best one can do in order to higher themselves from the people crying and only complaining. Whilst you try, it doesn't mean it is always going to be the most successful result but I'd like to think that it is still a better choice than standing idle.

TrueWoW main: Palamaster

Matsy

#38 » Post by Matsy » 17 Jun 2016 21:20

Replacing the issue of people not bothering to turn up for whatever reason (bored, other games, summer, life etc) with more damage is not the answer.
We cant do anything about people not turning up, HR has the same issue, its stupid atm. We cant do anything about people leaving for various reasons either (but lets not get into that drama)
When people come back what you going to do turn it back down so its not easy mode?
Last edited by Matsy on 17 Jun 2016 21:24, edited 1 time in total.
Matsy pls
Mats - Frost PVE Troll Death Knight - Retired
Matsy - Moonkin/Restoration Druid (Laz0r Chicken)
Mat - Beastmaster Orc Hunter
Matz -Retribution Paladin
Matu - Troll Shadow Priest
Bolts - Elemental Troll Shaman
Kungfu - Orc Fury Warrior
Trollage - Troll Arcane Mage
Mato - Orc Affliction Warlock
Findme - Troll Assassination Rogue

I Pity the Fool who's illogical
Friends are just people you hate the least
I reject your reality and substitute my own

devil5000

#39 » Post by devil5000 » 17 Jun 2016 21:24

I vote -1 for this suggestion.The reason many guilds dont kill lk is that they dont have enought players who can/want to come to the raid and actually try to do more bosses.Also some people are too lazy and some have rl stuff to do so they cant come to the raids.As far as pug raids go i rarely see that ppl fail with dps or healing its mostly bcs ppl dont know how to play their class or they dont know tactics.
Horde Main : Marick
Alliance Main : Anastasiya

Amoriann
Donor

#40 » Post by Amoriann » 17 Jun 2016 21:25

Blacklustersoldier wrote:I haven't stepped in a raid for about two weeks mainly due to work and retail, but I understood the recent fixes made LK bit more challenging.
I'm a casual player, and lately with all the fixes the server received, icc takes up to 4 hours or more with a group of people who know what they do and who refuse to abuse the known bugs for our benefit. 4 to 5 hours means half of my free time on a working day where I work 8 hours and I need another 2 for work related stuff (mostly bus travel). I'm not going to spend that much time in a raid on a working day, so I rather not raid at all.

I personally am up for increasing the buff to 30% if it means that raids will be shorter and that I will have time to do something else in the day besides sleeping.

So from a casual pov, yes +1
From a hardcore pov... sure another +1, because it makes it easier for a group to kill him.

And for past and future replies that revolve around the idea that I want easy and almost free shit.
Yes, yes I do want easy and almost free shit, because I don't want to spend 5hours wiping on a boss because Steven and Bob can't run away from defile fast enough, or because they can't dps valks cause reasons. Team work is supposed to make things easier, not harder.
<3 Finally Luster had some logic !!!
This server has come to that point where majority people want free gear not spend 4hrs on 1 boss for 2 loots and a mount ....If u guys have a problem in making the buff 30%.. where were u ppl when we LK was being farmed with 20% buff totally ignoring the 2nd phase ???? why didnt u ask to reduce the buff ?? rather farm it ??
Professional Dps.

Matsy

#41 » Post by Matsy » 17 Jun 2016 21:28

Amoriann wrote: <3 Finally Luster had some logic !!!
This server has come to that point where majority people want free gear not spend 4hrs on 1 boss for 2 loots and a mount ....If u guys have a problem in making the buff 30%.. where were u ppl when we LK was being farmed with 20% buff totally ignoring the 2nd phase ???? why didnt u ask to reduce the buff ?? rather farm it ??
The reason it takes 4hrs on 1 boss is because people don't know there class and dont know tactics. Not lack of damage lol. People not knowing how to play is an issue, but its mostly tactics, allot of people are very lazy and on horde side at least there is a language barrier and allot people dont understand what to do and it takes allot of time to explain to them what to do and they still dont understand fully. Doesn't help either when "experienced" players leave and make the situation worse.

Not taking into account the recent LK bugs btw. Increasing damage isn't a fix for it.
Matsy pls

mcheka

#42 » Post by mcheka » 17 Jun 2016 21:36

By the way, if the main argument is that people want BiS gear and fast raids that are easy, I'd suggest something that could potentially benefit the server more than increasing the ICC buff: to add some items for web points -- then it would be easy to acquire great items despite difficult raids, and could maybe get our server population up.
Aurelian the Immortal
<Massive Forearms>
Danuvius of Inquisition

Matsy

#43 » Post by Matsy » 17 Jun 2016 21:38

mcheka wrote:By the way, if the main argument is that people want BiS gear and fast raids that are easy, I'd suggest something that could potentially benefit the server more than increasing the ICC buff: to add some items for web points -- then it would be easy to acquire great items despite difficult raids, and could maybe get our server population up.
Matsy pls

Saddie

#44 » Post by Saddie » 18 Jun 2016 01:42

Who the hell joins a pug thinking they'll get LK 25hc? come on now even Hellraisers having lost lots of people still get it down, I have raided with quite a few members of divinity in the past and though they were BiS, they performed very poorly, instead of asking for the buff to get increased, just teach your members how to play. -1 from me.

Royo

#45 » Post by Royo » 18 Jun 2016 01:45

Chillmaster wrote:So i guess the people against it on this post are not thinking about pug raids at all? Yeah think about your own guilds only you freaking self bastards, the buff is not only about LK kill that btw is PRETTY BUGGED AND NOT BLIZZLIKE AT ALL, think about a freaking pug trying to kill Lady Deathwhispers LOL totally impossible, pug raids in 25hc just died forever, guess what people do when they can`t raid ? they leave server. Seems to me like this server will die sooner than expected if the "organization" keeps going like this.
Do you actually care about pug raids, or are you just talking out of your ass? Be honest, really.

Also, pug raids in 25hc? Really? Do those actually happen? And if they do, do they actually have hopes of getting LoD?

Anyway, -1, because as Matsy said it himself, people need to learn their class. That's actually the way to go, if a boss isn't killed, you yourself have to make adjustments to perform at least adequately. What ever happened to the expression "practice makes perfect"?