Icecrown Citadel Zone Buff

Archive of discussions that have went stale. Lots o' dust over here!
Jassa

Re: Icecrown Citadel Zone Buff

#16 » Post by Jassa » 17 Jun 2016 14:55

I think if the ICC "Blizzlike" is 30% then if we are doing everything "Blizzlike" then our buff should be 30%. I dislike the competition between the guilds and players trying to cause drama and accusations against opposing guilds. I agree players have to have knowledge of the tactics, and communication is the key here. But if some players are never meant to kill Lich King 25hc, what would be their encouragement to even play to reach end game BIS status? This after all has been said and done is just a game. The newly implemented mind control feature of Lady can be defeated with a new approach and tactics. Players just have to have self awareness at all times. But the fact that in a raid I was in yesterday, somehow the mobs from the ramparts were summoned and caused our raid to wipe numerous times would have to be addressed also. There are always a few bugs to iron out, make the event challenging but it also needs to be doable. I am sure given time the devs will iron out these new bugs and guilds will be able to down Lich King once again. But until the bugs are ironed out, I agree the 30% buff should be implemented.

testeromir

#17 » Post by testeromir » 17 Jun 2016 14:59

I forgot to say +1. I was for this when RS25hc was released since on retail buff was 30% when rs25hc was up.
I think that ppl who are up to challenge could always remove buff.
Truewow:
Proghaan
Testera
Woden
Taman
Mudu
Testeram
Gemark
Frithell
Nibghaan

Primalwow:
Proghaan

BozoBog

#18 » Post by BozoBog » 17 Jun 2016 15:02

First of all, I"d like to say thanks to all people who devoted their time into scripting and fixing things. How ever, could you try testing "fixes" on PTR or something like that before releasing it on live? We have new ICC and RS every week, you "fix" a trash mob and fuck up boss mechanic, I dont want to be judgemental but our "fixing" policy is a bad joke.

On the matter of ICC buff, I will vote +1 for increasing, simply because I am selfish bitch who doesnt have much time to play and I wanna kill LK every week like last 1 year+ and have some fun with my guildies instead of spending hours trying to figure out new tactics to overcome difficulties that were created in process of making TW "Blizzlike".
Economist- Demonology Warlock
Eco - Protection/Retribution Paladin
Prevarant - Fury/Prot Warrior
Morgoth - Frost/UH Death Knight
Anduil - Prot/Holy Paladin
Kandilo - Disc/Shadow Priest
Unsated - Restoration Shaman
Blazing - Markmanship Hunter
Hetada - Protection/Retribution Paladin
Izildur - Fire / 1112 Mage

Hansrutger
Former Staff

#19 » Post by Hansrutger » 17 Jun 2016 15:02

I don't understand how some people in this thread speak for "pugs", it's not realistic. Let them tell us their situation. You're saying that everyone want to reach end game BIS status, Jassa? That might not actually be the case. I've been in more "social" oriented guilds and most of them don't actually give a shit about gear xD They are happy farming achievements, PvPing or just doing social games (my favorite is hide-and-seek in Stormwind). So sorry to say this but I highly doubt some people in this thread that said that they are asking for a 30% buff because of pug groups, I do not believe that is the case. I said "some" indicating some people are actually caring about pugs in this thread whilst some aren't, please do NOT take offense to this. Taking offense would mostly just mean you don't actually care :D

I think we should give it some more time, 2 months and then get back and discuss it. I'd hope people would agree but they would rather just get stuff done now. :/

EDIT:
This guy might be the first one to actually tell the truth. This is why I love him <3
On the matter of ICC buff, I will vote +1 for increasing, simply because I am selfish bitch who doesnt have much time to play and I wanna kill LK every week like last 1 year+ and have some fun with my guildies instead of spending hours trying to figure out new tactics to overcome difficulties that were created in process of making TW "Blizzlike".
Last edited by Hansrutger on 17 Jun 2016 15:04, edited 1 time in total.
Retired

I'd say that trying is the best one can do in order to higher themselves from the people crying and only complaining. Whilst you try, it doesn't mean it is always going to be the most successful result but I'd like to think that it is still a better choice than standing idle.

TrueWoW main: Palamaster

ccrs
Former Staff

#20 » Post by ccrs » 17 Jun 2016 15:03

yay!

Nice way to value the effort of the dev team, if it doesnt work lest just move to another place where its still bugged rofl.

Jokes aside, there is much toDo left till all the issues are solved and we get the dreamt 100% blizzlike.
But cmon, dont u agree some of the reclaims stated here and in some other posts are now kinda too much? XD
I've been raiding with my guild (new guild with nongeared people) through all raids and still cant find anything impossible appart from the natural progression through encounters. One cannot expect not wiping 1-7 times on first tries when a tactic is being learned right?

ofc I know people dont have the patience and simply the will to do all the proccess and hence the nerf reclaims appear xd

BozoBog

#21 » Post by BozoBog » 17 Jun 2016 15:07

Hansrutger wrote:This guy might be the first one to actually tell the truth. This is why I love him <3
Wrong thread Pala :D <3

http://www.truewow.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=16492

Jassa

#22 » Post by Jassa » 17 Jun 2016 15:24

Pala, you can't honestly say that I don't care? Really, I have played on this server and Bloodcraft where it was merged here for the past 6 years, and my main character has YET to get my freaking boots :( Girls and shoes.. go figure. I play here for fun and relaxation after a hard day's work. I love the people here and the staff, you all are my second family. But they key here is players, if players are so discouraged, will they continue playing? Don't get me wrong, I enjoy a challenge, make it challenging, fun and exciting just not impossible.

Hansrutger
Former Staff

#23 » Post by Hansrutger » 17 Jun 2016 15:28

Read what I wrote again... Clearly you missed out the part where I explain the word "some" in my intention of the post...
Retired

I'd say that trying is the best one can do in order to higher themselves from the people crying and only complaining. Whilst you try, it doesn't mean it is always going to be the most successful result but I'd like to think that it is still a better choice than standing idle.

arnis5
Banned

#24 » Post by arnis5 » 17 Jun 2016 15:57

Hmm no no and just NO! Summer is coming Hellraisers having strugle aswell with filling up raids becasue people are enjoying real life :D , but we are still managing to down this fucker even if raid is pugged sometimes. Instead of asking for 30% buff try to change your tactics or actualy try to enter p3 with 25 people you know you can kill valks right :0 ?
Anyway huge -1 , LK is supposed to be challenge afterall :p
Arnis - Marksmanship Hunter PVE/PVP
Predatoor - Death Knight Hybrid Tank/Blood Dps PVE
Restoration - Shaman Resto/Ele PVE
Arniscat - Druid Feral Tank/Restoration PVE
Arnisrocks - Paladin Protection/Retribution PVE
Arnislock - Warlock Demonology PVE
Stanimalo - Rogue Combat PVE
Mazdean - Priest Shadow/Holy PVE
Pecaros - Warrior Protection/Fury PVE
Arniskhanna - Mage Arcane PVE
The Demonic Lord!
If you're going through hell, keep going.

BozoBog

#25 » Post by BozoBog » 17 Jun 2016 16:13

arnis5 wrote:Instead of asking for 30% buff try to change your tactics or actualy try to enter p3 with 25 people you know you can kill valks right :0 ?
You know that you should dps them to 50% only, right? Try to change tactics :0

arnis5
Banned

#26 » Post by arnis5 » 17 Jun 2016 17:06

BozoBog wrote:
arnis5 wrote:Instead of asking for 30% buff try to change your tactics or actualy try to enter p3 with 25 people you know you can kill valks right :0 ?
You know that you should dps them to 50% only, right? Try to change tactics :0
You know that I know that I should dps them to 50% and you I know that you are just trying to make some flame wars on forums like you always do :0
Arnis - Marksmanship Hunter PVE/PVP
Predatoor - Death Knight Hybrid Tank/Blood Dps PVE
Restoration - Shaman Resto/Ele PVE
Arniscat - Druid Feral Tank/Restoration PVE
Arnisrocks - Paladin Protection/Retribution PVE
Arnislock - Warlock Demonology PVE
Stanimalo - Rogue Combat PVE
Mazdean - Priest Shadow/Holy PVE
Pecaros - Warrior Protection/Fury PVE
Arniskhanna - Mage Arcane PVE
The Demonic Lord!
If you're going through hell, keep going.

exchanger1

#27 » Post by exchanger1 » 17 Jun 2016 17:22

+1 on this suggestion, simply because it would assist other non-mainstream guilds (Divinity, Inq, Hellraisers) with progress, those 3 guild combined are nothing but 1.5% of the overall server's population, while pug runs and other guilds are a majority by far.
Anyway huge -1 , LK is supposed to be challenge afterall :p
or sell ID to you so you can actually 50-shot it?
Crown aka Poslednji

Hansrutger
Former Staff

#28 » Post by Hansrutger » 17 Jun 2016 17:39

1.5% of players who are online usually at peak time, let's have a bigger number than a usual one, let's say we were actually 500 players online at peak time when people are doing raids. That is 7,5 players.

"No I meant out of all the players". Well there are 143714 accounts registered, does that mean everyone is playing? Sorry but I have to say that while some guilds have 10-15 players online, Inquisition / Hellraisers / Divinity has up to 45 lmao (reduced now by summer time). No offense but where is that 1.5%?

What I'm trying to point out is that I see the lack of point in that "1.5%" argument as I do not find it being true.
Retired

mcheka

#29 » Post by mcheka » 17 Jun 2016 17:45

Almost the entire raiding population and activity is centred around these 3 guilds. I don't see how the 30% buff will benefit the smaller guilds that much -- it will benefit the bigger ones for sure, as all are having population issues atm. However, this is somewhat normal for the summer and we should wait before increasing any buff, at least, to evaluate whether or not the harder encounters are responsible for lower raiding activity.
Aurelian the Immortal
<Massive Forearms>
Danuvius of Inquisition

exchanger1

#30 » Post by exchanger1 » 17 Jun 2016 18:02

Hansrutger wrote:1.5% of players who are online usually at peak time, let's have a bigger number than a usual one, let's say we were actually 500 players online at peak time when people are doing raids. That is 7,5 players.

"No I meant out of all the players". Well there are 143714 accounts registered, does that mean everyone is playing? Sorry but I have to say that while some guilds have 10-15 players online, Inquisition / Hellraisers / Divinity has up to 45 lmao (reduced now by summer time). No offense but where is that 1.5%?

What I'm trying to point out is that I see the lack of point in that "1.5%" argument as I do not find it being true.
TRUEWOW REALM
Type: PvP all content unlocked
Rates: 1x
Online: 293 (max 782)
Characters: 219203

Total of 3 guild's character = 3.2k~

which makes it 1.5% as of OVERALL POPULATION.

These are the facts -- you can turn them around however you feel like

Again, you're making assumptions that raids only happen at X hours, they happen throughout the whole day

My argument was that pugs that happen +++ other guilds that host ICC (Ascension, RoTs and many others) >>>>>> Divinity+INQ+HR

CASUAL raiding scene is what should matter the most, as these people don't put in the TIME in the first place to be in those END-GAME guilds.
Almost the entire raiding population and activity is centred around these 3 guilds. I don't see how the 30% buff will benefit the smaller guilds that much -- it will benefit the bigger ones for sure, as all are having population issues atm. However, this is somewhat normal for the summer and we should wait before increasing any buff, at least, to evaluate whether or not the harder encounters are responsible for lower raiding activity.
Again, casual raiding scene will always have MUCH GREATER raiding population than END-GAME one, this was true for retail, and it is also true for private servers.

If you're doubting this, be my guest and CALCULATE the amount of raids that happen outside of this trifecta, and you'll see what I mean

IMO if this buff were to increase, casual scene would be much SATISFIED, as they don't need to put that many HOURS optimizing their characters like we freaks do
Last edited by exchanger1 on 17 Jun 2016 18:12, edited 2 times in total.
Crown aka Poslednji