(PW) Will BC Enhance shamans be top dps?

Archive of discussions that have went stale. Lots o' dust over here!
Billybob69

(PW) Will BC Enhance shamans be top dps?

#1 » Post by Billybob69 » 04 May 2016 20:03

Was glancing through the talents and realized that of any class/spec it seems to me that Enhance is going to get a hugeeee power jump with a 10 talent point limit increase. Does any other class have any similar increase in power? (DW, Imp DW, Imp SS, Lava Lash, Static Shock, Shamanistic Rage ALL IN 10 TALENT POINTS)

Longi

Re: (PW) Will BC Enhance shamans be top dps?

#2 » Post by Longi » 04 May 2016 22:43

I think feral dps will grow up in tbc, Retri paladin will be fun too with few new abilities

Fitzpatrick
Honorary Member

#3 » Post by Fitzpatrick » 05 May 2016 04:10

As this experiment has never been run before, there's only one way to find out!
Fitzsimmons / Bibimbap / Fitzpatrick

kurthos

#4 » Post by kurthos » 05 May 2016 15:52

You can test this on the PTR by setting yourself at level 70 and only going 41 points deep into the talent trees. You can give yourself any items etc.

anniefelis

#5 » Post by anniefelis » 07 May 2016 00:23

Feral DPS gets a lot better a little farther into the tree, and there's a lot more feral gear that drops in TBC, including idols for that spec. Every time I've had to start over on a new realm, my feral druid's DPS really jumps in TBC instead of just scaling up, and even ordinary quest gear can provide quite a boost (specifically, the Ring of Blood quests in Nagrand).

Enhance shamans get a lot more gear drops, except the end raids don't drop a lot of strength mail. Will they be top DPS? Eh, it depends who is playing and if they have to compete with any mages. There will be shamans who know how to make up for the lack of str gear, and then there will be shamans that get by with whatever they can find because they're just trying to get through the content.

Billybob69

#6 » Post by Billybob69 » 10 May 2016 08:27

T4 ~BiS = 1500 dps sustained no CDs
T6 BIS = 2200 DPS sustained no CDs

Only self buffed, no flasks/debuffs on Boss target dummy. Not optimal gemming/enchants

Nothing to compare to... but damn thats really high for TBC

majstorfanta

#7 » Post by majstorfanta » 10 May 2016 10:16

anniefelis wrote:Enhance shamans get a lot more gear drops, except the end raids don't drop a lot of strength mail.
In this patch, enhance shamans get 1 ap from 1 str and they re better of stacking agility or raw attack power
Jackofclubs
Aceofhearts
Kynlovesrets

kurthos

#8 » Post by kurthos » 10 May 2016 12:29

Billybob69 wrote:T4 ~BiS = 1500 dps sustained no CDs

Only self buffed, no flasks/debuffs on Boss target dummy. Not optimal gemming/enchants

This could be fairly high when compared to retail TBC, yes, but you have to realize that boss HP will be scaled up in response to better talents/itemization that comes with 3.0

For example, the top end single target dps on PrimalWoW right now in Vanilla is 1400-1600 DPS with full world buffs. This is much higher than retail, but with boss scaling/tuning content isn't trivialized.

To really know how those numbers are you'd have to do tests on similar classes and compare.

Longi

#9 » Post by Longi » 10 May 2016 12:41

its not high, i was doing 3k+ in TBC times as boomkin ( well it was in hyjal :D ) , single target was around 1800

Cragen

#10 » Post by Cragen » 10 May 2016 16:59

Most fun spec to play at least in 5 mans must be Revenge warrior tank. Something like 37/12/12 and then get defense capped and go for DPS stats and just spam Revenge every GCD and cleave for massive AoE damage.

Since unrelenting assault is available in TBC it should be perfectly viable with a bit of gear. I remember playing that spec in WotLK when revenge got buffed and it was absolutely hilarious to see the reaction of randoms in 5 man seeing the tank doing 80%+ of the group DPS and killing mobs before they were even finished casting.

Billybob69

#11 » Post by Billybob69 » 10 May 2016 20:30

Longi wrote:

its not high, i was doing 3k+ in TBC times as boomkin ( well it was in hyjal :D ) , single target was around 1800

Well single target dummy DPS vs fully debuffed raid boss and fully buffed character are a FAR cry from each other. My rogue in TBC could barely break 1k dps on a dummy.... yet did 2.5k on Brutallus