So apparently, abusing other players is fine on this server

Archive of discussions that have went stale. Lots o' dust over here!
Wilcox

Re: So apparently, abusing other players is fine on this server

#16 » Post by Wilcox » 22 Apr 2016 19:47

character name please so i can camp you

if you're going to cry, don't play, dude. server doesn't accept "jerkish behavior" but what would you have the people do? they aren't breaking any rules, and like everyone else said, this has been a part of the game since the very beginning. deal with it or bail out

Vaen

#17 » Post by Vaen » 22 Apr 2016 20:16

I'm not going to dwelve into why people camp other people, I honestly find it to be a huge waste of time for both parties and could honestly not care one bit about what kind of realm I create my characters in. However, you should know that we are a (mostly) blizzlike server and as such have blizzlike rules about what is allowed in world pvp. This means that corpse camping and similar behaviors in contested zones and against flagged players are acceptable.

Further, I'd like you to consider that it's not as simple as "punishing a repeated corpse camping offender," when do you even decide that he's done enough ganking? How many kills in what interval of time? What if the person being ganked asks a higher level person to come and help him deal with the ganker, should we punish the person who had the intention to gank you in this situation?
Vaen - Human Warrior
Verwandlung - Human Lock
Parallel - Human Priest

Follow me on Twitch

Relevant

#18 » Post by Relevant » 22 Apr 2016 20:40

I love this thread.

Anyways, to OP, Primal is PvE!

Doctor_J
Developer

#19 » Post by Doctor_J » 22 Apr 2016 20:43

Does not matter where you play wow and on what type of realm there will always be retards whos only wish is to piss of the opposite faction, you even get the retards on pve servers who repeatedly kill quest givers, etc repeatedly to try and invoke players to flag for pvp or waiting for players to do certain quests which probably is bug but which flag players for pvp ie http://www.wowhead.com/quest=10286/arelions-secret

Nyeriah

#20 » Post by Nyeriah » 22 Apr 2016 20:46

People have fun in different ways. Unfortunately, some have fun on disrupting others while they're leveling and there's nothing wrong with that, even though it's an act mostly frowned upon. Furthermore, there's no legitimacy on assuming one fun is more legit than the other - everyone has equal rights to have fun in whichever way they wish so long it doesn't go against our rules.

TrueWoW is eventually a PvP realm, so we are following PvP rules. Even on the rules from retail (that we don't explicitly follow) corpse camping is seen as accepted and not considered grieving on PvP realms.

Here we may take action if lasts for hours but it's still something quite hard to judge. We rather go for the "PvP solutions to PvP problems", where it indeed relies more on the autoregulation of these casualties by the community than an external intervention from us.

vclan

#21 » Post by vclan » 22 Apr 2016 21:15

Fine. I get you. You prefer to play with jerks because it's "part of the experience". That it is - but not a good one. I just hope that the next time you are wronged by a jerk somewhere far more substantial than in a video game, you'd remember that you all take part in encouraging such behavior. After all, it's "part of the experience" in life too, isn't it?

Dr. Who

#22 » Post by Dr. Who » 22 Apr 2016 21:41

vclan wrote:I just hope that the next time you are wronged by a jerk somewhere far more substantial than in a video game, you'd remember that you all take part in encouraging such behaviour. After all, it's "part of the experience" in life too, isn't it?
i know you are been sarcastic but thats actually true. in our life we will experience good and bad things. get trolled and troll other's around you (especially friends) is soooo normal, it actually happens all the time.
you actually find jerks in every corner. ^_^
You did a bad think? Does it affect me? No? Them Suffer in Silence.
You Crying now? You have no reason to cry, if some one cries is because they are sad.
For example,i cry because people are stupid what makes me sad.
And i'm not insane, my Mother had me tested.
by: "The Big Bang Theory -Sheldon Cooper"

kurthos

#23 » Post by kurthos » 22 Apr 2016 21:46

The reason you're getting people defensive in response to this post is because you're saying that the playerbase accepts and encourages griefing low level players. This is not actually the case. The people doing it should be ashamed of themselves and do not represent the community properly.

However, it would be an equally grievous action to ban or prevent them from participating under the PvP ruleset. This is key to having a transparent server and it would not be fair to your or anyone to treat someone differently because of the level of the player that was killed. There is not a rule against it. There are things you can do to get away from these kinds of players. You have to escalate solutions to match the situation. If this bothers you, I think you should reconsider playing on a PvE server.

Psychotic

#24 » Post by Psychotic » 22 Apr 2016 21:56

SO APPARENTLY, GENERALIZATION IS FINE ON THIS SERVER

Dymond
Senior Game Master

#25 » Post by Dymond » 22 Apr 2016 22:23

I have experienced this action also, in this type of situation, I find it is easier to log a different character for about 5-10 minutes, the player will become bored and leave the area.
"Grief is the price we pay for love."

vclan

#26 » Post by vclan » 22 Apr 2016 22:37

You know, I can deal with the occasional a**hole that gets his kicks from griefing. Sure, it's annoying, but nothing more. What bothers me more is the apathy of you lot, who aren't jerks (except for Wilcox here, with the sh*t he pulls in every RHC group he's in) and who do frown upon such behavior, but still willing to tolerate such behavior simply because "that's how it is" - because that's an issue far wider than killing lowbies for sh*ts and giggles, or WoW, or video games in general. So many things are wrong in the world simply because the good people shrug them off as "that's the way it is". Thanks for reminding me of this yet again.

Nyeriah

#27 » Post by Nyeriah » 22 Apr 2016 22:50

Why are you making a social catastrophe out of this? You got ganked. Assholes exist. The world doesn't revolve around your happiness. Life's unfair and it sucks. Have you figured it just now? Move on!
“All your life, you will be faced with a choice. You can choose love or hate…I choose love.”
― Johnny R. Cash

:heart:

vclan

#28 » Post by vclan » 22 Apr 2016 23:06

Skye gets the "completely missing the point" award of the day.

benzviliran

#29 » Post by benzviliran » 22 Apr 2016 23:14

Vclan Hi, in blizzard/retail its allowed and so it is in truewow.

there are many ways to avoid such people and one of them is not trying to make a post whining about something that is related to the game.

like some players suggested u can log out and wait till the storm pass.

but i prefer other ideas.

you can always ask for help as people who usually gang lowbies and spend alot of time in low lvl areas are not good pvpers 99% of the times so the guy can be turned from camper into being camped/the hunter becomes hunted etc etc.

what i used to do in those situations was turning them from being pain in the ass into fun by simply playing his game and winning him.

he wants to gang u? fine bring ur 80 and kill him , u dont have one? ask for help .

cant do both? lvl 2 chars in the same time or just move to another area.

im playing wow for about 10 years and i never had such problem and believe me there were people who really did everything to try to gang me.

Docmin could easily confirm that in spermik(server that merged long ago with truewow) there were players that enjoyed the game the most from ganging people in stranglethorn vale as lvl 80 and wait for them to ress and kill them again and even follow them if they try to run +spam emotes. if they even ran they would follow them to whatever zone they were going.

understand your situation looks funny to us as there are so many options you can do that not only would stop you from being camped but could also turn it into something fun.

staff cant do anything as it doesnt abuse any game mechanic and is deff avoidable u dont have to stay there and get camped etc.

if you can name the player that keeps ganging you im pretty sure people would be happy to help you and send you screenshots of his corpse thats the least we can do xd
I am the swarm

Nyeriah

#30 » Post by Nyeriah » 22 Apr 2016 23:26

vclan wrote:Skye gets the "completely missing the point" award of the day.
Missing the point?

You got ganked and was told by this nice GM that the staff wouldn't do anything about it.

So you decided to open a thread to ask "why were they fine with this abusive behavior", when you should know in the first place what are the rules of a PvP server before joining one.

Now after being explained by several people, you try to make an analogy and bring it to "real life" terms. What?

It's a strict video game case, why would you try to bring it to real life terms? Do you expect me or anyone to call the cops when we get bullied in real life?
So many things are wrong in the world simply because the good people shrug them off as "that's the way it is". Thanks for reminding me of this yet again.
There are many wrong things in the world, yes, I agree. What has that to do with anything though? Does the fact that no one took action when you were "bullied on an online game when you should know things better" somehow relate to any world problems?

Are you serious?
“All your life, you will be faced with a choice. You can choose love or hate…I choose love.”
― Johnny R. Cash

:heart: