Nostalrius community asking for Primal Wow to go PvP

Archive of discussions that have went stale. Lots o' dust over here!
Jiranthos
Admin

Re: Nostalrius community asking for Primal Wow to go PvP

#121 » Post by Jiranthos » 20 Apr 2016 14:13

diawowwrath wrote:Well..isn't this an all around perplexing thread.

The title of the thread is Nost community is asking for primal to go PvP. OP's one sentence post has nothing to do with the title. I'm from the "Nostalrius community" and I didn't elect OP to represent my opinions as far as I know. And....why the fuck would you come to the only current PvE server there is and ask for it to be made PvP??????

Dear lord.

Further....I am Ellipsea from the guild Logic formerly of Nostalrius and currently residing here. I brought my people here and attracted others to this server of my own accord, because Primal was the right place for us. This is our home now. I didn't go randonly pick some server and ask them to change to accomidate me and our desires. I found the realm that most closely matched our needs.

We are already here and shall be in perpetuity so long as the sever exists.

Go to Kronos seriously.
Thank you for choosing us and welcome! :)

Everybody knows that the best way to describe the ocean to a blind man is to push him in

anniefelis

#122 » Post by anniefelis » 20 Apr 2016 20:59

kott0n wrote:You can still PvE on PvP realms, you can't however flag yourself and just hope for the best on a Pve real. PvP servers are so common that a lot of world firsts in PvE come from PvP servers.
You can also get ganked on pvp realms when you're just trying to level, get corpse or graveyard campted after getting ganked, and as somebody who doesn't care for pvp that is not a fun time for me. I want to be able to run into Stormwind or Ogrimmar to put something in my bank or visit a trainer without being killed by a bored max-level player who takes joy in ganking lowbies that are just trying to get to end game content. This is the point all pvers make when they say why they dislike world pvp. It's not just me.

I understand a lot of people like world pvp, but there are hundreds of servers out there that have that. That's the private server default. If you want pvp, find one of those to play at. Let us have our one pve realm, and if anybody wants to come here, they should accept the realm as it is without changes.

Relevant

#123 » Post by Relevant » 20 Apr 2016 21:43

It's simply unbelievable that people are still trying the argument of "Just join BGs if you want to pvp" or "Just flag yourself every time you log in if you want world pvp"... Give me a freaking break, are you serious? That's really your "solution"?

If they want a pvp server, they want a pvp server. I'm sure the majority of them know how pve servers work and that they can still do BGs. That's not what they want.

So no, you're not going to convince them that they don't *really* want a pvp server. We're just not going to get these players.

candre23
Donor

#124 » Post by candre23 » 20 Apr 2016 22:16

Relevant wrote:So no, you're not going to convince them that they don't *really* want a pvp server. We're just not going to get these players.
What I'd like to convince them of is that I really do want a PvE server. If you want PvP, there are a hundred and one private servers out there that cater to that. But for those of us that want PvE, there's maybe two or three viable options including Primal. And now they want to take that away too.

If you honestly can't enjoy the game without dealing with griefers (or griefing other players), pick any other server and knock yourself out.

anniefelis

#125 » Post by anniefelis » 20 Apr 2016 23:43

Relevant wrote:It's simply unbelievable that people are still trying the argument of "Just join BGs if you want to pvp" or "Just flag yourself every time you log in if you want world pvp"... Give me a freaking break, are you serious? That's really your "solution"?
I said they could keep themselves flagged, or find a different server. What I'm really trying to convince them of is that many of us on primal hate world pvp and don't enjoy playing that way. Since there are so many pvp realms versus this singular pve realm (there may be more, but I can't find them), that they should either deal with the lack of world pvp in order to experience the content progression, or go elsewhere. They shouldn't be coming here demanding a change when the thing they're looking for exists in 99% of servers. Legacy servers in vanilla phase aren't as common, but neither are true pve realms. In fact if you go search for pve realms, you'll run into a lot of "pve-pvp" servers, which is still world pvp.

So I'm going to say it again: let those of us who do not enjoy world pvp have this place. We're in the minority as far as private server players go, but then again so are pve realms.

Edit: I'm not trying to make Nost players feel unwelcome here, I mean the more the merrier. Please join. I'm just saying that if you join a server, you shouldn't be asking the staff to change it around to suit you when the existing player base is already happy.

kai010

#126 » Post by kai010 » 21 Apr 2016 14:11

kott0n wrote:You can still PvE on PvP realms, you can't however flag yourself and just hope for the best on a Pve real. PvP servers are so common that a lot of world firsts in PvE come from PvP servers.
+1

Fitzpatrick
Honorary Member

#127 » Post by Fitzpatrick » 21 Apr 2016 14:27

Relevant wrote:It's simply unbelievable that people are still trying the argument of "Just join BGs if you want to pvp" or "Just flag yourself every time you log in if you want world pvp"... Give me a freaking break, are you serious? That's really your "solution"?

If they want a pvp server, they want a pvp server. I'm sure the majority of them know how pve servers work and that they can still do BGs. That's not what they want.

So no, you're not going to convince them that they don't *really* want a pvp server. We're just not going to get these players.
Compare this to the: You can still PVE on a PVP realm. How is it any less valid than that argument, which I find particularly silly.

My take?
PVE realm: choice of when to PVP
PVP realm: no choice of when to PVP, unless you have stealth or want to spend 59 levels running away like a sissy

I enjoy both and have played on both PVP and PVE realms in retail, but on PrimalWOW where the PVP is hardly balanced, forgive me for saying I dont want to PVP with certain classes/specs and so I prefer a PVE experience.
Fitzsimmons / Bibimbap / Fitzpatrick

offheal

#128 » Post by offheal » 21 Apr 2016 15:23

I agree, balancing is so bad that imo that if you think you have class viable for world pvp, please just flag yourself.

Relevant

#129 » Post by Relevant » 21 Apr 2016 16:22

Don't get me wrong, it's not that I WANT a pvp server. As Fitz has said (or implied), the only difference is the ability to gank lowbies, and I can certainly do without that while trying to level.

I'm just saying it's not valid to argue with people who WANT gankville and tell them that it's okay, they can come anyways, they think they want pvp, but they really don't.

I also think it's a shame that we're missing out on so many users for something so trivial.

TLDR: I'm happy we're pve, but wish the population was higher.

candre23
Donor

#130 » Post by candre23 » 21 Apr 2016 18:36

Relevant wrote:I also think it's a shame that we're missing out on so many users for something so trivial.
I suspect the number of people who have come to primal primarily because it's PvE is not trivial. If it were PvP, you might pick up a small percentage of the homeless PvP crowd, but you'd lose nearly all the PvE crowd that's already here. Just as there are people who refuse to play PvE, there are people who refuse to play PvP. Obviously, the groups are mutually exclusive. And while the former may be a much larger group, there are dozens of servers for them to choose from. The latter group is woefully underserved, and primal is likely home to most of them.

If people are unwilling to consider primal because it's PvE, or would leave if it switched to PvP, then the matter is definitely not "trivial".

anniefelis

#131 » Post by anniefelis » 21 Apr 2016 22:29

Relevant wrote:Don't get me wrong, it's not that I WANT a pvp server. As Fitz has said (or implied), the only difference is the ability to gank lowbies, and I can certainly do without that while trying to level.

I'm just saying it's not valid to argue with people who WANT gankville and tell them that it's okay, they can come anyways, they think they want pvp, but they really don't.

I also think it's a shame that we're missing out on so many users for something so trivial.

TLDR: I'm happy we're pve, but wish the population was higher.
I wish the population was higher, but for the past couple days we've been on par with TrueWoW's population. It's probably due to an influx if people from Nost, but still. I'm not telling the people in favor of world pvp that they shouldn't want it. I'm telling the people in favor of world pvp that the existing player base doesn't want it. Besides, I'd rather play with the gamers who would switch up from their typical type of server in order to be part of the community and experience the content, versus changing things to world pvp to appeal to the people who like to gank, grief and make the game difficult, thus driving away the core pve players who hate that kind of thing. I know that most of the people coming from Nost aren't griefing assholes, since P2W servers tend to appeal to that kind of player (go check out the clusterfuck known as Eternal to see what I'm talking about), but with any pvp realm you're going to get a few dicks.

Deim

#132 » Post by Deim » 21 Apr 2016 23:47

How about locking that topic already? For the last few days and pages it's filled in majority by posts "why I like PvE realms" or "I like PvP but it's not balanced here so it should stay PvE" and I doubt anything that wasnt said already will appear here
TrueWoW - Retired
PrimalWoW - Retired
Rest in pepperoni Crimson
RIP in pepperoni Aftershock
Spokesman of Aftershock in case of any questions/complaints hit me up in game or via PM.

Disclaimer: What I write on behalf guild doesn't always corelate with my own beliefs.

Fitzpatrick
Honorary Member

#133 » Post by Fitzpatrick » 22 Apr 2016 00:01

Deim wrote:How about locking that topic already? For the last few days and pages it's filled in majority by posts "why I like PvE realms" or "I like PvP but it's not balanced here so it should stay PvE" and I doubt anything that wasnt said already will appear here
I think they call this a "discussion". Craziness.
Fitzsimmons / Bibimbap / Fitzpatrick