The History of Your Nickname

Archive of discussions that have went stale. Lots o' dust over here!
jamhead

The History of Your Nickname

#1 » Post by jamhead » 08 May 2011 15:01

So this could either be a very interesting topic or quite boring.
There are a load of nicknames on this server I'd love to know what went through peoples minds when they made it. So where did your nickname come from?
Mine comes from my proper name James and I've always used jam at the start since then, jamhead always been my favourite.
Currently addicted to hearthstone playing at legend rank. Feel free to add jamhead#2986

My quest to prove anybody can paint - jamheadii.deviantart.com

Check out my new puzzle game Slide!

Prite

Re: The History of Your Nickname

#2 » Post by Prite » 08 May 2011 15:20

like pretty much a lot of my chars, the names derive from their classes or races.
Prite comes from Priest, but without the "s".. cause Sprite or Prites or any other combo I thought on the time sucked like hell lol.. Prite is "decent" to say the least lol

Goeru is my Rogue for example, back on woo I had my Undead Mage, which was named Daneud.
etc etc...

Hallowed comes cause I've made him during the Halloween, and I thought it would be a very redoundant name/title... Hallowed the Hallowed lol XD
"All Warfare is based on Deception."
"Dura Praxis, Sed Praxis"
"Engenhus Facultis"

Stryke

#3 » Post by Stryke » 08 May 2011 16:50

Stryke - I loved the book series called "Orcs"
Renjai - Wanted a 2-syllable name that went with the troll race. "Jai" was a cool finisher and added "Ren" just like that
Moocow - What my lil' bro called cows when he saw them xD
Asiko - some disc priest rapping around on youtube
Dora - self explanatory

(Other chars I have include: Rellyn, Elysia, Tastingo, Toxin... but all these are irrelevant atm)

Nexxus

#4 » Post by Nexxus » 08 May 2011 19:16

Nexxus: first time i used " Nexxus Five-Port USB Charger plus Standard" i saw cool name (i like it) Nexxus and also on Nexxus beam from many places I saw. Soon i started to write my name "Nexxus" in Counter Strike and in the end World of Warcraft. :lol:

Pookie: First name was "Lookie" but now i change it to "Pookie" in memory of my friend who left the server. :|

Prite

#5 » Post by Prite » 08 May 2011 19:28

Nexxus wrote: Pookie: First name was "Lookie" but now i change it to "Pookie" in memory of my friend who left the server. :|
Pookie left the server? We«re talking about the 69th twink Pookie correct? also Calm I believe, not sure
"All Warfare is based on Deception."
"Dura Praxis, Sed Praxis"
"Engenhus Facultis"

Arvit

#6 » Post by Arvit » 08 May 2011 19:31

Well my name is my name so not very interisting.

Cyrius

#7 » Post by Cyrius » 08 May 2011 19:40

My name was generated simply. Its a random name, but the interesting part is...for those of you who remember me from WoO, i was a Dreanei...so yea its a spacegoat random name. After i came here i decided it also suited well on a Belf so i conserved it.

Nexxus

#8 » Post by Nexxus » 08 May 2011 20:27

Prite wrote:
Nexxus wrote: Pookie: First name was "Lookie" but now i change it to "Pookie" in memory of my friend who left the server. :|
Pookie left the server? We«re talking about the 69th twink Pookie correct? also Calm I believe, not sure

Yes. He and his brother Twizzer too. :cry:

Scotchtape

#9 » Post by Scotchtape » 08 May 2011 20:59

Horrifier - i made a belf rogue in TBC days and to this day i dont remember why the hell i named him like that (i guess it was because i was young and wanted a scary name heh but it failed LOL :D)
Scotchtape - disc priest, pretty much self explanatory (i like healing ^^)
Someone - warrior, just a name i chose so i could keep on annoying and confusing people in chats :)
Saprophyte - resto druid (though it wasnt originally mine :D) though a saprophyte is a fungus and fungi are more closely related to animals than plants, i just wanted to have a complicated, confusing looking name :D
Phagocyte (in the making) - hunter, this more suits a hunter since phagocytes devour other cells, much like white blood cells in the blood eating and 'hunting' all the bad stuff :)

I have other toons, but i dont really plan on leveling them anytime soon, so this is my list :D
Scotchy - Troll Priest disc PvP
Stung - Troll Hunturd MM PvE/PvP
Saprophyte - Tauren Drood resto PvP
Someone - Orc Warrior PvE prot
Shockakhan - Orc Shaman ele/resto PvP
Orcchop - Orc Rogue mutifaceroll pve/pvp

jamhead

#10 » Post by jamhead » 08 May 2011 22:35

Horrifier wrote: Scotchtape - disc priest, pretty much self explanatory (i like healing ^^)
How on earth is scottish tape related to healing? xD
Currently addicted to hearthstone playing at legend rank. Feel free to add jamhead#2986

My quest to prove anybody can paint - jamheadii.deviantart.com

Check out my new puzzle game Slide!

Scotchtape

#11 » Post by Scotchtape » 08 May 2011 23:41

haha you know, break something and fix it up real fast with some scotchtape :P
Scotchy - Troll Priest disc PvP
Stung - Troll Hunturd MM PvE/PvP
Saprophyte - Tauren Drood resto PvP
Someone - Orc Warrior PvE prot
Shockakhan - Orc Shaman ele/resto PvP
Orcchop - Orc Rogue mutifaceroll pve/pvp

kuufi

#12 » Post by kuufi » 08 May 2011 23:44

Kruusatee means Gravel road in english... Maybe this name is related my home (i live in countryside) but still dunno I was drunk when i was making this char... also back then I didn't liked the Wow, but i saw Steeltooth playing so i tried it :) . Ok actually if i remember right i wanted to name my char Tupac, but it was taken if I remember right.

.:. Kruusatee .:.

Ugaro

#13 » Post by Ugaro » 09 May 2011 00:00

Some time ago when i started to play wow i came on a german classic wow server and made char Ugar then the server died and i came on a tbc server where was Ugar unavalibe so i put "o" at the end and so it started... xD

Spidro

#14 » Post by Spidro » 09 May 2011 01:15

Well.. I've been looking for a nickname when I was a kid and couldnt find one.. then I picked my bro's nickname (Spitx) and added my real name to it (Pedro) and it turned out Spidro
The origin of my bro's nickname was cuz he talked alot so he had a good "speech". If you pronunciate that it turns out Spitx.

My druid's nickname was initially Sloth cuz that's a bit how I am. Then I called it Slothypoo due to a fail when I tried to race change my rogue but ended up trying to race change a druid XD. So I had to change something and decided to change the name to slothypoo as ppl called me Spiddypoo due to Rotface Angry Poo Poo xD

Later I decided to make an arena team with my cousin Spiben when I got to 80. His alt was called Pizza so I changed my name again to Happymeal and we named the team "Fast Food" XD
(it was supposed to be "Fast Food Kills" but spiben's noobiness screwed it up :/ )
You can't hit what you can't see.

Spidro - LvL80 Orc Rogue
Happymeal - LvL80 Tauren Druid
Cheeseburger - LvL80 Tauren DeathKnight

i'm lovin' it

I will be back.

Cover25

#15 » Post by Cover25 » 09 May 2011 01:29

Peithne- On retail i hit the random Button for the names 3 times. it Showed iv had it since.
Cover- Name i go by everywhere else on the interwebs.
Brixton-Good friend of mine.