Bad Guy casters

Archive of discussions that have went stale. Lots o' dust over here!
Fastor

Re: Bad Guy casters

#16 » Post by Fastor » 25 Mar 2016 00:36

Tell us, location and most proper name of Mobs you got problem with. If you also would like, tell us your Ingame Name.

Bawzer

#17 » Post by Bawzer » 25 Mar 2016 00:53

is this being compared t0o retail? if soo ill agree on casters, all low level casters not just murlocs seemed to me that there dmg was a bit off and op. As a rogue i was capable too 1v2 although i was surprised to die at first. All in all to be honest I personaly enjoyed this "problem" the challange was very appreciated. Games are made easy compared too way back, are we getting lazy and want the easy way?
****We are anonymous****

-We are legion
-We do not forgive
-We do not forget
-expect us

Nyeriah

#18 » Post by Nyeriah » 25 Mar 2016 01:01

If you're talking about Defias Pillagers then you need to check your sources better. They're top 2 or so on the most deadly mobs of wotlk before they got nerfed

Spells can't be wrong, their damage doesn't have any calculation.

Sadly leveling isn't for everyone thought, specially at 10-20 when classes got no spells.

Bawzer

#19 » Post by Bawzer » 25 Mar 2016 01:35

Well for the Defias Pillagers, they are naturaly op as mentioned Nyeriah. found few links...
http://www.engadget.com/2008/12/04/loke ... -the-game/

quote from link "Man, I remember when the Defias Pillagers were #1 with many, many millions of kills ahead of the #2. None of this AOE damage or boss fight stuff. Just painful, painful fireballs in the face."

Also found topics on other private servers(found nothing on retail didnt look hard) seems low level casters gets quite the attention. Some mentioned it was always as such. just as later expansions got easier and now just an illusion of them being that much op but its there nature.
-edited to pin point a quote
****We are anonymous****

-We are legion
-We do not forgive
-We do not forget
-expect us

bruce999

#20 » Post by bruce999 » 25 Mar 2016 03:34

i dont have an issue lvling admin at all.... i just find it strange that i get smoked when there is 2 or more casters shooting fire balls etc.. ive been playing wow for years and never encountered this problem... i mean if this is how it has to be then its how it has to be... i never played litch king so maybe im just not use to it... its not a huge deal but when it takes me almost 1 1/2 to complete a single quest that requires me to kill said npc's then well gets very discouraging... but if thats how the game is ment to be then ill have to deal with it... i understand also being a paladin my options are limited at lvl 15.. but even still just seem very hard to get anywhere... not trying to complain lol its free just didnt know if this was a bug? or not

bruce999

#21 » Post by bruce999 » 25 Mar 2016 03:39

Bawzer wrote:is this being compared t0o retail? if soo ill agree on casters, all low level casters not just murlocs seemed to me that there dmg was a bit off and op. As a rogue i was capable too 1v2 although i was surprised to die at first. All in all to be honest I personaly enjoyed this "problem" the challange was very appreciated. Games are made easy compared too way back, are we getting lazy and want the easy way?
oh i agree for sure just was so frustrating because if my stun cast misses... well here comes 2 more casters and some reg melee npcs...now i have 6 or so and cant win idk i like a challenge too but just felt like it was over the top

bruce999

#22 » Post by bruce999 » 25 Mar 2016 03:42

and this isnt my first time playing WOW either ive got tons of 90 toons on battlenet anyways not a big deal was just mainly curious if this was bugged or not

Nyeriah

#23 » Post by Nyeriah » 25 Mar 2016 04:03

bruce999 wrote:THERE TO DAMN OP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! shouldnt take me an hr to do 1 quest because i cant take on 2 casters at once jeeeez lol please fix if you can ^_^
bruce999 wrote:not trying to complain lol its free just didnt know if this was a bug? or not
bruce999 wrote:just mainly curious if this was bugged or not
This was what you posted in the SUGGESTION section. It doesn't look like a question to me. If you weren't sure then why didn't you ask it first instead of going straight to the part where you whine about it?

Reason why most of the responses you're getting are torn over.
bruce999 wrote:and this isnt my first time playing WOW either ive got tons of 90 toons on battlenet anyways not a big deal was just mainly curious if this was bugged or not
But this is your first time playing WotLK. I, too, have many characters on retail that I do log 15 minutes per day and I'm still reaping my free epics every week. The fact you have that many 90s doesn't support you but rather hints where this comes from.

Furthermore, people kept asking you things which you vaguely replied to which makes this thread even more annoying.

---

TL;DR
If you're taking more than one caster at a time, when you have around 200-300 hp and each spell hits you for 70 and you have little to no abilities to somehow counter it or mitigate it, then you're doing it wrong.
“All your life, you will be faced with a choice. You can choose love or hate…I choose love.”
― Johnny R. Cash

:heart:

bruce999

#24 » Post by bruce999 » 25 Mar 2016 04:40

:D thanks tips glad you came in to clear this up... good for you anyways... im dealing with it as is everyone else that plays because i am not the only one that noticed it... and yes you are right maybe i should of went about it a different way.. and as for being vague well one spot is between the valley of the kings and THELSAMAR on the right were the 3 caves are on the map another is west fall in MOONBROOK next the island of STONE CARIN LAKE there was a couple more but cant remember the spots... and as for names well murlochs was one ummm cant remember the others....umm they look like kolbolds thats up near the 3 caves north of THE VALLEY OF THE KINGS...... no need to pick me apart just wasn't fully understanding why but you have a wonderful day :D

benzviliran

#25 » Post by benzviliran » 25 Mar 2016 10:25

anyway bruce i lvled and many other people lvled on this server allot of 80s since lvl 1 by questing, never had problems with casters.

casters can be a problem when you pull too many and let them free cast, dont forget that melees also can be a problem if you are caster as some of them have silence and stuff and 2 npcs that can silence can be very deadly to a player that cast aswell. anyway you should check your items your lvl compared to the zone you are lvling at and maybe the spells avaible to your class and ur race and few more things that could deff help you to kill 2 or more casters at the same time including the tactic you are using for example if you attack 1 and pull 2 more on the way and can instead do it 1 by 1 go for it.

just trying to explain u that it is no problem doing so might be a bit more challenging but deff it is doable.
I am the swarm

bruce999

#26 » Post by bruce999 » 25 Mar 2016 13:44

cool thanks ben maybe its just because i am more used to the newer play style that comes with Warloards and never really experienced Litch king anyways no big deal ill continue to enjoy it regardless i dont mind a challenge anyways :D

benzviliran

#27 » Post by benzviliran » 25 Mar 2016 14:26

bruce999 wrote:cool thanks ben maybe its just because i am more used to the newer play style that comes with Warloards and never really experienced Litch king anyways no big deal ill continue to enjoy it regardless i dont mind a challenge anyways :D
np, just pls say lich king and not litch king or just call it wotlk .
I am the swarm

Naxp

#28 » Post by Naxp » 25 Mar 2016 17:46

Melee's has something that rangers doesn't have, find this particular thing and use it against the rangers and you will find your experience much easier ;)

Fastor

#29 » Post by Fastor » 25 Mar 2016 18:40

Naxp wrote:Melee's has something that rangers doesn't have, find this particular thing and use it against the rangers and you will find your experience much easier ;)
Shadowmourne.

SomethingWitty

#30 » Post by SomethingWitty » 25 Mar 2016 22:12

Naxp wrote:Melee's has something that rangers doesn't have, find this particular thing and use it against the rangers and you will find your experience much easier ;)
Yeah they really like to hug phallus shaped things sticking out from the ground, the taller the better.

As for the OP just save your judgements and when they start running, judge+taunt and he dies.
"he cant even base a shit + he is worst pvp player in here and he tells us we are bad in pvp this is nonesense its like Englez will say that virdo is bad in leading raids and in pve and after virdo asks him why he say that and for what reason englez will say 'i dont want to destroy your statements ive been there done that etc' "-Balanced 2015