Server Population

Archive of discussions that have went stale. Lots o' dust over here!
vorlinath

Server Population

#1 » Post by vorlinath » 04 Oct 2015 06:31

So i've been looking into this server and the concept I love. But I am not sure if I want to play because of the population. So how is the population doing? Is it gaining pop, loosing it, or staying the same?

shanq

Re: Server Population

#2 » Post by shanq » 04 Oct 2015 06:38

It's stagnant, i love the concept of this server, but there is chance of it going down, im not going to put any time playing here until they have the server sorted out

Arturo

#3 » Post by Arturo » 04 Oct 2015 09:07

Yep its pretty stagnant ATM probably because school started for some lol, but yea it tends to get lonely and there still a alot of work to be put in imho.
Rosario
Lilith
Machismo
Rosa

Mezcal
Savage

vikinga

#4 » Post by vikinga » 04 Oct 2015 10:39

If peple keep saying that, population won't increase. Show some effort and spirit! If you like the concert then get playing and spread the word!

Roel
Founder

#5 » Post by Roel » 04 Oct 2015 12:10

The server won't close regardless of population. But it's been acknowledged that interest for the Vanilla content is generally lower than what we can expect from TBC and WotLK.

Arturo

#6 » Post by Arturo » 04 Oct 2015 12:37

Vikinga, Not saying it to be pessimistic, just saying how i see it. Love this server and i won't leave it even if my guild already left. Huge amount of working content is a major plus for me since i love questing etc, but like i said probably because summer vacation is over the population is a bit stagnant, and most people just raid log anyways. Lets try to get swifty or Sodapopin to do a video or stream on this server just to get some more people in LOL.
Rosario
Lilith
Machismo
Rosa

Mezcal
Savage

Namya

#7 » Post by Namya » 04 Oct 2015 12:58

I noticed that there is some influx of new people in last few days but ye, we did lost quite a few players due to various reasons. There are a few community members that are working on helping the staff with advertisement of this server, we will see what will become of it.
Proud resto moo of Vanilla knights http://vanillaknights.shivtr.com/

Eponu
Donor

#8 » Post by Eponu » 04 Oct 2015 15:05

I'm really new here too and had found out about this server earlier this year but didn't look more into it and played a bit on nostalrius and retail and after yesterday where I watched the youtube video of dodgykebaab I will give this server a try =) The 3 expansions in one server thing is a really great idea.

https://youtu.be/DN06fTVuQJE
Here's the link of the video if you didn't see it already

Zheromer

#9 » Post by Zheromer » 04 Oct 2015 18:02

Prime wrote:The server won't close regardless of population. But it's been acknowledged that interest for the Vanilla content is generally lower than what we can expect from TBC and WotLK.

Nos and kronos, I guess might be the reason for this. But yeah when we get closer to christmas we will prob see a rise in pop again. #holidaySpirit and all

nvrsbr

#10 » Post by nvrsbr » 06 Oct 2015 04:27

Well the Guild "Maple Syrup" have left to go play on another server :(

Something needs to be done badly to get this server some people and quick.

.aspirine101

#11 » Post by .aspirine101 » 06 Oct 2015 10:45

nvrsbr wrote:Well the Guild "Maple Syrup" have left to go play on another server :(

Something needs to be done badly to get this server some people and quick.
Did they? I saw a few members of that guild yesterday..

Lyrix
Donor

#12 » Post by Lyrix » 07 Oct 2015 19:58

Should have started with TBC then this server had a chance.. With Vanilla sorry no, not with 1 very populair vanilla server just opened.

.landgin

#13 » Post by .landgin » 07 Oct 2015 20:02

Vanilla is actual work and not free epics, which is why most players don't care for it.

Lyrix
Donor

#14 » Post by Lyrix » 07 Oct 2015 20:16

TBC wasn't free epics either and people love it ;)

Roel
Founder

#15 » Post by Roel » 07 Oct 2015 20:30

Lyrix wrote:Should have started with TBC then this server had a chance.. With Vanilla sorry no, not with 1 very populair vanilla server just opened.
Why would the server have any less chance when we switch to TBC later? We will have a lot more experience with progression and the WotLK mechanics on a different expansion. Most new servers are never able to get more than 50 players online at any point in their lifespan. We never intended to reach our pinnacle during the Vanilla phase.