ZG- first and last impression

Archive of discussions that have went stale. Lots o' dust over here!
Cleofatra

Re: ZG- first and last impression

#46 » Post by Cleofatra » 04 Sep 2015 22:32

mmarkov1 wrote:Test server please. That is all.

Cheers.
PTR thread.
http://www.primalwow.org/forum/viewtopi ... 23&t=16623

ceh789
Donor

#47 » Post by ceh789 » 04 Sep 2015 22:49

useronly wrote:
ceh789 wrote:
Cleofatra wrote:The challenge with healers is to be mana conservative and mana efficient. The challenge with DPSers is ???.
To be mana conservative and mana efficient?

It seems to me that healers have been shouldering the majority of the debuffs for the server all along; I think it is reasonable that DPS classes should share in the fun. I'm not certain that it should be the same debuff but it should be something - and increased mob health isn't it since longer fights arguably stress healers even more than DPS.
How exactly can you be "mana conservative" as a caster? Can you somehow have better timing at hitting the frostbolt/shadowbolt/mindflay/etc button? Casters don't rly have an option to gauge which spell is worthwhile and on what target. The general goal of the fight is to take X boss down as quickly as possible so the healers don't run OOM. Getting as close to max theoretical dps is the goal. If your idea of mana conservation is to put more burden on the melee and hunters while casters look into the abyss and let spirit do its thing...that's not mana conservation at all. Perhaps you think mp5 gear should now be a staple for casters? That seems like a great trend.
You clearly didn't read what I wrote. It is absolutely an issue that the debuff hits DPS classes unequally. I don't know what the equivalent debuff would be for melee and hunters - make white damage hit for 50%?

My point is this: An alternative way of saying that we're buffing raids is that we're making players weaker. As you pointed out - looking into the abyss while spirit works - it is not enjoyable to feel weak. Right now, healers are experiencing a disproportionate amount of that weak feeling. Tanks get some as well - see 20+k thrash hits from Venoxis. DPS mostly feels that the group is weaker - they don't have that individual feeling and I think they should take that on as well.

No, I don't know how we should accomplish that. Maybe its something along the lines of halve the mana debuff so healers are less weak but leave it across all mana users so DPS are more weakened and the net effect to the raid is the same.
Fishie, Level 60 Undead Priest

Cleofatra

#48 » Post by Cleofatra » 04 Sep 2015 22:56

Idk the mana debuff on DPSers just seems to do the exact same thing as a %reduction in damage without "the feels" as much. I agreed with what someone posted earlier, get rid of mana debuff and add more mechanics.

Add more bats on bat boss, or periodically more bats so DPS has a mechanic. Have her cast more mindflays for interrupt classes.
Have Venoxis summon that little snake thing more.
More totems on Jindo or make the totems move around (IDK!).

Right now it is just a gear/grindy/mana efficiency check not so much a skill check. The mana reduction on healers is somewhat of a skill check though. The damage reduction and healing debuff are a wotlk adjustment.

ceh789
Donor

#49 » Post by ceh789 » 04 Sep 2015 23:06

An easier option could be to give bosses enrage timers. That would also solve people graveyard zerging bosses to death with shadowmeld.

I do agree that additional mechanics are a far more elegant solution than debuffs, I just suspect it might be a high bar from a development perspective.
Fishie, Level 60 Undead Priest

mmarkov1

#50 » Post by mmarkov1 » 04 Sep 2015 23:10

Cleofatra wrote:
mmarkov1 wrote:Test server please. That is all.

Cheers.
PTR thread.
http://www.primalwow.org/forum/viewtopi ... 23&t=16623

No need to be rude with the image, I am not on forums all day like you are. Thank you for the link though, much appreciated.
Nephy - Holy Priest - Guild Master of <Mystic>
http://mysticguild.org/