arena gear rating requirements

Archive of discussions that have went stale. Lots o' dust over here!
nicola95

Re: arena gear rating requirements

#16 » Post by nicola95 » 03 Sep 2015 22:57

Sylaces wrote:
ice4keep wrote:Not everyone 's supposed to be running around with the PvP weapons, especially with the low pop. I think there's more incentive to get into arena now since the weapons are released, so expect more arena teams.
meanwhile in pve i can do dungeons for a few days to get sufficiently geared for raid then just play 2-3 hours a week during raid time and get even better gear, all while those pvp idiots have to play 24/7 to get rep, then points, then rating, oh and they also have to stand in queue all day so they dont miss a bg or arena game... seems fair and balanced to me (sarcasm)
Please dont call us idiots....just because we enjoy something you suck at....noob

Amalizzy

#17 » Post by Amalizzy » 04 Sep 2015 03:33

Cleofatra wrote:How will you trade-win up to 2350? Propose to me how that is possible.

That being said- I would like if there was an alternate route to the HWL weps, like exalted all pvp faction and 50k HKs or something.
+1 for HK,
lucasrayken wrote: The HK idea is bad because it encourages people to play like the iceclimbers...I mean HK farmers.
Do you even pvp?! Since Cta is bugged, people already play like that, because HKs give more honor than winning a battleground.
psycroptyk wrote: Any bad player can que battle grounds and get hks or wins to get items they don't deserve, they should only be attained from arena rating. The only problem is that 2350 is impossible to achieve given the server population etc.

Vanilla pvp was never about how good you are, it was just time consuming honor farm. Try getting 50k hks, with low populated bgs, and then tell me someone don't deserve it.

.Sorrugis

#18 » Post by .Sorrugis » 04 Sep 2015 05:30

psycroptyk wrote:arena gear rating requirements are way too high. It is literally impossible to get a 2350 personal rating when there are no competitive teams to que against. why not consider lowering the highest requirement to the 1800 - 2k range so that players actually have a chance to get the items.
The rank 14 items weren't announced to be added in this patch. I don't disagree with the idea to set them at an abnormally high rating (which may be unobtainable given the current population) since there were other items released for 1800 rating to work towards in the meantime.

I'm hoping people will see the items and in turn make teams, try new specs, various comps and get a feel for things.
psycroptyk wrote:basically as of right now arena is not worth the time so why would anyone want to try?
Not sure why it's got to be considered a task. I've enjoyed myself thus far and honestly it's been a lot easier to get this close to 1800, than it was to acquire the exalted items through reputation vendors in vanilla.

If we were to see a rise in the pvp population I'm sure the higher ratings would be obtainable through legit means. Definitely think the best way to do that would be with some sort of promotional video. Hoping there is someone in the development team who could undertake such a task now that we've had our first big content release.
Sylaces wrote:meanwhile in pve i can do dungeons for a few days to get sufficiently geared for raid then just play 2-3 hours a week during raid time and get even better gear, all while those pvp idiots have to play 24/7 to get rep, then points, then rating, oh and they also have to stand in queue all day so they dont miss a bg or arena game... seems fair and balanced to me (sarcasm)
That's fine and dandy if you want to raid log, rather than come online to assist in keeping the server more active. But realize you have no reason to complain about someone who has put the effort in to get their reward(s).

.renjiowns

#19 » Post by .renjiowns » 04 Sep 2015 06:11

OR everyone will play hunter spriest in 2's. People need to stop comparing this to vanilla. there is no true proper grind to HWL/GM. Likewise. No oen wants to take this server seriously for PvP.Zzzz getting 2350 rating will probably take as long as it does for BWL to come out. It's not about complaining or whining or anything. If the effort put into something < the reward, there is no point in putting in the effort. Right now there is no reason to put in th effort for 2.4k rating on a back water PvE realm with fucked up PvP balance. Im just saying.
Whiteglint
I am the bone of my sword
Steel is my body and fire is my blood

I have created over a thousand blades
Unknown to Death, Nor known to Life

Have withstood pain to create many weapons
Yet, those hands will never hold anything

So as I pray, unlimited blade works.

.Sorrugis

#20 » Post by .Sorrugis » 04 Sep 2015 07:24

renjiowns wrote:OR everyone will play hunter spriest in 2's. there is no point in putting in the effort. Right now there is no reason to put in th effort for 2.4k rating on a back water PvE realm with fucked up PvP balance. Im just saying.
Those aren't one of those comps on the first page of the arena ladder. You should take up Tito on his offer and at least try playing a few games.

http://www.primalwow.org/forum/viewtopi ... 16&t=16606

It might even be fun.
Last edited by Guest on 04 Sep 2015 19:15, edited 1 time in total.

Sylaces

#21 » Post by Sylaces » 04 Sep 2015 11:13

Sorrugis wrote:
renjiowns wrote:OR everyone will play hunter spriest in 2's. there is no point in putting in the effort. Right now there is no reason to put in th effort for 2.4k rating on a back water PvE realm with fucked up PvP balance. Im just saying.
That aren't one of those comps on the first page of the arena ladder. You should take up Tito on his offer and at least try playing a few games.

http://www.primalwow.org/forum/viewtopi ... 16&t=16606

It might even be fun.
i see PMH in top 2v2, the next 6 teams all have 1 priest

in top 3v3 x2 priests and 1 hunter, next team x2 priests and lock

so the dude is right, or am i just seeing things ? btw priests totally fine

Sylaces

#22 » Post by Sylaces » 04 Sep 2015 11:26

nicola95 wrote:
Sylaces wrote:
ice4keep wrote:Not everyone 's supposed to be running around with the PvP weapons, especially with the low pop. I think there's more incentive to get into arena now since the weapons are released, so expect more arena teams.
meanwhile in pve i can do dungeons for a few days to get sufficiently geared for raid then just play 2-3 hours a week during raid time and get even better gear, all while those pvp idiots have to play 24/7 to get rep, then points, then rating, oh and they also have to stand in queue all day so they dont miss a bg or arena game... seems fair and balanced to me (sarcasm)
Please dont call us idiots....just because we enjoy something you suck at....noob
u srs ? i hope not

.Sorrugis

#23 » Post by .Sorrugis » 04 Sep 2015 19:18

Sylaces wrote:i see PMH in top 2v2, the next 6 teams all have 1 priest
If you look closely you'll see the hunter only played (and lost) one game.

.night

#24 » Post by .night » 04 Sep 2015 19:42

Can't / shouldn't for this servers purpose anyway, rating be considered as tiers?

Sylaces

#25 » Post by Sylaces » 04 Sep 2015 21:21

Sorrugis wrote:
Sylaces wrote:i see PMH in top 2v2, the next 6 teams all have 1 priest
If you look closely you'll see the hunter only played (and lost) one game.
the guy is till right, hunter maybe not so much but there's no argue about priest

useronly

#26 » Post by useronly » 04 Sep 2015 21:38

Yeah, but that's not a spriest.

.juliangod14

#27 » Post by .juliangod14 » 04 Sep 2015 21:56

Just want to say that once my warrior hits 60 I will be playing exclusively for PVP. For the BG issues I'm even going to reroll horde.

As to the Spriest issue I will not be doing arenas with an Spriest. Instead I will go with a decently geared enh shaman. #bringing melee cleave to the server.

.juliangod14

#28 » Post by .juliangod14 » 04 Sep 2015 22:06

Purge > spriest

Shave

#29 » Post by Shave » 04 Sep 2015 22:10

You will be dead before you cast your purge but goodluck!

.juliangod14

#30 » Post by .juliangod14 » 04 Sep 2015 22:18

Naw I got a swifty macro GL