What happened?

Archive of discussions that have went stale. Lots o' dust over here!
.roodypoohero

Re: What happened?

#31 » Post by .roodypoohero » 01 Sep 2015 22:57

Also no ones nagging about pvp in this thread, its merely the lack of it that was on my list of reasons the server is dying.

anniefelis

#32 » Post by anniefelis » 01 Sep 2015 23:02

Cleofatra wrote: I still think a nice compromise like PvP flag tabards (you can get the enchant/carrot/etc anyway) or PvP dailies could be accepted by all.
I like this idea because dailies give people something extra to do after hitting 60. Pvp-flagging tabards also make it so people don't run into re-flagging issues, which is something I've heard complaints about.

Cleofatra

#33 » Post by Cleofatra » 01 Sep 2015 23:10

Yea those suggestions have been taken well by the community for the most part. Would love to see them implemented.

anniefelis

#34 » Post by anniefelis » 01 Sep 2015 23:42

Well I just threw in my own pvp suggestions in the suggestion forum that are good alternatives to just plain world pvp without anything else. Things like dailies, weeklies and events. Hopefully that idea will garner more interest from existing pvpers and potential new players.

Yeah it seems pretty stupid that I'm a pver making pvp suggestions, but I'm trying to think of solutions that will make everybody happy and add material to this server that will bring new players here to try it.

shibli09

#35 » Post by shibli09 » 01 Sep 2015 23:56

Cleofatra wrote:Yea those suggestions have been taken well by the community for the most part. Would love to see them implemented.
Doesn't matter if they were taken well, I suggested them weeks ago but because it was me its an assumed flame thread so GMs don't want to respond

nighto

#36 » Post by nighto » 02 Sep 2015 00:15

Usually PVE private servers end up like this. Not because of pvpers QQing or anything like that, it's just that pve servers are for pvers, and pvers have no interest in doing anything else than pve.

Keeping that in mind, people cleared content extremely quick, they still don't care about pvp, so all they do is raidlog.
I get it, people don't know how to pvp or don't care to learn it, but pleasing pvers is not really the way to go longterm, because at the end of the day, they will start raidlogging only, whereas people interested in PVP usually play all the time, because that content doesn't end as quickly as the raids that people cleared in 3 weeks.

Just to give a small example. You'll see in chat people asking for tanks, dps, making groups and all that, but the minute you ask for people to please queue WSG or AB, they just won't give 2 f*cks about it. This situation is very onesided and can be frustrating for people that want to enjoy all wow has to offer.

TLDR, pvers are close-minded, they just care to raid, then eventually raidlog when there's no more content, thus killing the server with their lack of interest in other aspects of the game. That's why I left, why many people left and why the server is dying.

You can join any pvp server and you'll see people raiding, having raiding guilds and also enjoy BGs, Arenas etc. That doesn't happen with pvers in pve servers.

xato519

#37 » Post by xato519 » 02 Sep 2015 00:27

nighto wrote:Usually PVE private servers end up like this. Not because of pvpers QQing or anything like that, it's just that pve servers are for pvers, and pvers have no interest in doing anything else than pve.

Keeping that in mind, people cleared content extremely quick, they still don't care about pvp, so all they do is raidlog.
I get it, people don't know how to pvp or don't care to learn it, but pleasing pvers is not really the way to go longterm, because at the end of the day, they will start raidlogging only, whereas people interested in PVP usually play all the time, because that content doesn't end as quickly as the raids that people cleared in 3 weeks.

Just to give a small example. You'll see in chat people asking for tanks, dps, making groups and all that, but the minute you ask for people to please queue WSG or AB, they just won't give 2 f*cks about it. This situation is very onesided and can be frustrating for people that want to enjoy all wow has to offer.

TLDR, pvers are close-minded, they just care to raid, then eventually raidlog when there's no more content, thus killing the server with their lack of interest in other aspects of the game. That's why I left, why many people left and why the server is dying.

You can join any pvp server and you'll see people raiding, having raiding guilds and also enjoy BGs, Arenas etc. That doesn't happen with pvers in pve servers.
But that's the thing pvers are salty as shit
Nothing is going to happen

Ministry

#38 » Post by Ministry » 02 Sep 2015 00:44

They're leaving because the server sucks and grinding gold doesn't count as end game content.

ice4keep

#39 » Post by ice4keep » 02 Sep 2015 01:06

nighto wrote:Usually PVE private servers end up like this. Not because of pvpers QQing or anything like that, it's just that pve servers are for pvers, and pvers have no interest in doing anything else than pve.

I'd like to see what happens once ony/zg releases. I'm afraid the pop will increase to about 500 and hover there but gradually sink as people raid log waiting for BWL. Once you clear stuff, there's nothing left to do tbh. Making it a PvP server would still have the people that already raidlog continue to do so.

.Sorrugis

#40 » Post by .Sorrugis » 02 Sep 2015 04:56

anniefelis wrote:Yeah it seems pretty stupid that I'm a pver making pvp suggestions, but I'm trying to think of solutions that will make everybody happy and add material to this server that will bring new players here to try it.
Not stupid at all.

Refreshing to see folks follow the logic that us PvPers have been attempting to bring to the community in an effort to boost server activity.
nighto wrote: Just to give a small example. You'll see in chat people asking for tanks, dps, making groups and all that, but the minute you ask for people to please queue WSG or AB, they just won't give 2 f*cks about it. This situation is very onesided and can be frustrating for people that want to enjoy all wow has to offer.
To be fair, I've asked people in world to queue for battlegrounds numerous times, and more times than not initiate a game (may not be a full one, but still a game) within 5 minutes of sending out the bat signal. Sounds like you've just had a little bad luck.
Ministry wrote:They're leaving because the server sucks and grinding gold doesn't count as end game content.
Overly pessimistic, don't you think? I've always found my experience to be more enjoyable after disabling the click to move feature. Guess you can't expect all kids with a YouTube channel and a couple followers to enjoy it here.

.kurthos

#41 » Post by .kurthos » 02 Sep 2015 08:09

Encourage old friends and guildies who have quit to give the new content to try. Shoot them a message and you'll be surprised about who might be interested.

.mikespad

#42 » Post by .mikespad » 02 Sep 2015 14:04

I wonder what the devs think about the low population. Do they consider it enough? Are they relaxed about this because they have a plan?

Trmpah

#43 » Post by Trmpah » 02 Sep 2015 21:07

mikespad wrote:TrueWoW is PvP and still has low population...
Poeple seem to prefer Dalaran or are waiting for Lordaeron. I don't understand why, but PvE is not the reason for low population.

TrueWoW is not capped at lvl 60 with a progressive raid schedule.

If it was, I would be there.

I joined primal wow, full well knowing that it was PvE. I thought I would be able to enjoy the game despite having no war with the other faction, but for me that aspect of the game is a big part of why I love the warcraft franchise, and I ended up leaving the server.

I do not think switching to pvp would change much for Primal wow at this point. I just hope that the interest for this server-concept will result in a similar, progressive pvp server, be it here or somewhere else.

shibli09

#44 » Post by shibli09 » 02 Sep 2015 23:29

Trmpah wrote:
mikespad wrote:TrueWoW is PvP and still has low population...
Poeple seem to prefer Dalaran or are waiting for Lordaeron. I don't understand why, but PvE is not the reason for low population.
TrueWoW is not capped at lvl 60 with a progressive raid schedule.

If it was, I would be there.

I joined primal wow, full well knowing that it was PvE. I thought I would be able to enjoy the game despite having no war with the other faction, but for me that aspect of the game is a big part of why I love the warcraft franchise, and I ended up leaving the server.

I do not think switching to pvp would change much for Primal wow at this point. I just hope that the interest for this server-concept will result in a similar, progressive pvp server, be it here or somewhere else.
This right here.

PVP population in terms of ALL private servers, not just this one, is much bigger than PvE population. If they want to keep this server PvE that's totally fine, but the population is going to be small and stay small because most people aren't attracted to the PvE aspect of the server.

I honestly hope new content releases will bring greater population but if it doesn't then the server dies.

Someone out there will create a PVP version of this server someday, hopefully soon, and when that happens you can say good bye to half the pop on this server.

.Abcess

#45 » Post by .Abcess » 03 Sep 2015 01:13

I would doubt it's the lack of forced pvp. The ride to 60 on WOTLK servers is essentially what - 3x? That makes things really fast to hit cap, and there isn't a whole lot to do at 60 at the moment. But as that changes I think more people will be on their mains for longer, and not just raid logging which is what I think the real thing you're seeing is. And then you have people like me, who will never be a raider due to real world commitments and just play casually. It's far too early to say sky is falling.