What happened?

Archive of discussions that have went stale. Lots o' dust over here!
.roodypoohero

What happened?

#1 » Post by .roodypoohero » 01 Sep 2015 09:47

Seriously, what the fuck happened? Server peaks use to be over 500 consistently and now it's been getting lower and lower, 200 less now. Are people leaving because the server isn't pvp? Are they leaving because of the OoC rez debacle? Are they leaving because of the awful 4chan trolls that frequent the forums? Are they leaving because of the huge horde-alliance disparity? This server had so much goddamn potential and it's being squandered, they only other server that's even attempting to mimic primal is lordaeron, an ex-molten server with p2w elements. I really hope the new raids bring people in because otherwise it will be the same 100 or so players coming here and circle-jerking amongst themselves, Please do SOMETHING to drum up interest for this server.

Dreadnought101

Re: What happened?

#2 » Post by Dreadnought101 » 01 Sep 2015 10:24

Those things that you said probably only applied to about 10 people who left, my guess is many got on the hype-train when dodgy-kebab posted his video and many new players joined the game. Of course many will get bored of questing and the server in general and move on, and that is what we are seeing right now...A big explosion of people and the aftermath
Degaris
-
A wise man once introduced me to this game "It shall protect your virginity my lad." He said...

elvisrooy

#3 » Post by elvisrooy » 01 Sep 2015 10:29

while pve fan boys here (i believe they are only like 100 ppl) threatening devs and crying they will leave if this server doesn't stay as pve, we pvpers already left game so long ago. i stopped playing with my six friends but we never threatened devs. we just wanted this to be a populated and good project but they prefered to delete our suggestions in forums, then we left. i just checked the website and im not surprised that this is unfortunately dying.

Fice94
Donor

#4 » Post by Fice94 » 01 Sep 2015 10:33

I raidlog atm but after ZG and Onyxia will hit I will be active again.
Since ZG can be done 2x per week and then you still have 2x 40 Manraids left.
People will come but prime or the player in general should have been promoting more to generate another hype cuz new Content.
Still waiting for RaF 10 guildies from retail will join then and playing here while waiting for legion hits retail. (serverfirst raider not just lfr plebs)
Zen - 60 Undead Mage <Crimson>
Pyroblast - Crit! - Aggro - Blink - Frostnova - WIPE

lanrien

#5 » Post by lanrien » 01 Sep 2015 11:59

They should simply make youtube videos honestly and advertise their new releases like zg, ony.... no idea why they're not doing that.

.cosminn123

#6 » Post by .cosminn123 » 01 Sep 2015 13:16

The only real solutions is to make the server PvP (we are too few to get ganked, shut up QQers) and to create some hype with YouTube videos and people spreading the word.
I will try my best to make a Primal WoW trailer, hopefully it will turn out decent.
Image Wulf - Restoration Shaman

Image Tedd - Feral Combat Druid

Image Marax - Beast Mastery Hunter

.atilla

#7 » Post by .atilla » 01 Sep 2015 13:18

lanrien wrote:They should simply make youtube videos honestly and advertise their new releases like zg, ony.... no idea why they're not doing that.
Indeed

.roodypoohero

#8 » Post by .roodypoohero » 01 Sep 2015 13:35

cosminn123 wrote:The only real solutions is to make the server PvP (we are too few to get ganked, shut up QQers) and to create some hype with YouTube videos and people spreading the word.
I will try my best to make a Primal WoW trailer, hopefully it will turn out decent.
I can't believe they backed out of pvp testing, is this all the players want to do? Run the same raids and dungeons over and over again? Hell you even have wrath talents and nerfs so its not even that hard.

.atilla

#9 » Post by .atilla » 01 Sep 2015 13:52

I believe that making it PvP could be a solution, because this type of server is unique. There's more players overall in the private-server communities that want to play PvP servers rather than PVE. All people saying ''go Nost if u want PvP'', well guys, Nost is launching a PVE server too.
Something needs to be done.

Shave

#10 » Post by Shave » 01 Sep 2015 14:50

Making it pvp is not enough.Some classes need extreme balancing.

Foosbooty

#11 » Post by Foosbooty » 01 Sep 2015 15:22

cosminn123 wrote:The only real solutions is to make the server PvP (we are too few to get ganked, shut up QQers) and to create some hype with YouTube videos and people spreading the word.
lol. The QQ is coming from the PvPers.

.mikespad

#12 » Post by .mikespad » 01 Sep 2015 15:53

TrueWoW is PvP and still has low population...
Poeple seem to prefer Dalaran or are waiting for Lordaeron. I don't understand why, but PvE is not the reason for low population.

anniefelis

#13 » Post by anniefelis » 01 Sep 2015 15:53

No, making it pvp is not the solution. Why is it you pvpers want to change the server to suit you? You don't see us pvers marching into a realm we full well know is pvp and telling the devs to change it. The majority of people on this server are not interested in pvp, get over it.

I think the problem is so many players started playing and raced to 60, and then couldn't find much else to do after that, and they got bored. They missed the point of playing pve, which is to have fun running the dungeons and not to just treat them as a leveling stepping stone. This is something that happens with new pve servers everywhere: they're released, and then a month or two after release the population drops. I think ZG and Onyxia will help bring people back, and if the devs were able to do things faster I'd say make a quicker progression schedule to keep people interested.

Cleofatra

#14 » Post by Cleofatra » 01 Sep 2015 17:07

Bump this shit, be respectful, post uplifting comments, etc.
https://www.reddit.com/r/wowservers/com ... _tomorrow/

illiana

#15 » Post by illiana » 01 Sep 2015 17:15

Several reasons:

- Raidlogging. During the initial rush to 60 people were online levelling or doing dungeons every day/evening, now a lot of people who are lvl 60 can only get upgrades through raiding and only log on for said raids. This should improve alot with the release of ZG and Onyxia.
- Holiday is over, schools have started, people have homework and thus less time to be online.
- No advertising. I don't really understand the reason for this.