What happened?

Archive of discussions that have went stale. Lots o' dust over here!
DueDiligence

Re: What happened?

#46 » Post by DueDiligence » 03 Sep 2015 01:56

Abcess wrote:It's far too early to say sky is falling.
I disagree. Look at all the people that raid log. Look at the server statistics for common raid times/schedules. You should see a decrease in server pop on non raid days and a huge increase on raid days. This applies to "active" 60s.

.renjiowns

#47 » Post by .renjiowns » 03 Sep 2015 02:45

shibli09 wrote:I would post here but any time I state my opinions PvEers attack me and my character rather than my arguments and points because they know I'm right or can't give any good rebutles. Then it turns into a flame war and I get blamed for it.

So im going to kick my feet up and grab some popcorn and watch this fucker burn without me. Kek.

Did i miss any Forum drama while i was gone?
Whiteglint
I am the bone of my sword
Steel is my body and fire is my blood

I have created over a thousand blades
Unknown to Death, Nor known to Life

Have withstood pain to create many weapons
Yet, those hands will never hold anything

So as I pray, unlimited blade works.

Foosbooty

#48 » Post by Foosbooty » 03 Sep 2015 05:47

Still PvE and the pop is rising again. Just sayin' :shock:

Analya

#49 » Post by Analya » 03 Sep 2015 06:44

What happens is that there is a severe lack of server advertising, there's literally no information or any kind of hype video about the new content release and therefore population is as it is atm.
Tho I understand that admins are really busy, I still don't understand how they missed the opportunity to bring more people on the server.

This is (again) my 2 cents and i will stop myself here.

.Doom

#50 » Post by .Doom » 03 Sep 2015 17:58

I think the server is doing quite well actually. We had that first "oh, look, it's new" boost. Nobody expected that to last. And now, I think, we're slowly starting to grow progressively over the next 6 years. The main selling point will change from "new" to "stable and reliable", especially once it becomes clear that the server has a long term goal and vision instead of being a server that changes with every whim of the vocal minority. Soon enough those people that actually wanted a different server than the one they joined will quiet down or leave, though there is no hurry. We're in this for the long haul.

Thanks Prime for holding a steady course and having a long term vision.

Analya

#51 » Post by Analya » 03 Sep 2015 19:00

I am not sure what kind of silly mushrooms are you eating mate, but if you check the population in the peak times, you will see that server lost quite a lot of players recently. Ofc, Prime can't please everyone but for me there is no excuse for not doing any kind of promotional videos for the new instances and hyping them up. I also understand that he wants to keep bosses buffed as long as possible, but i mean, come on! I get the same healing debuff as someone who's raiding MC for long time now and is BiS in current content. How is that even logical?

piniok123

#52 » Post by piniok123 » 03 Sep 2015 20:54

Oh God guys :)
IMHO topics like this are totally useless :) If you have any suggestions about making server more populated, you should post it here:
http://www.primalwow.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=23.
About server population, it wont hit 1k+ in 3 months :D
Now, when Ony and ZG got relased, we see population increase, after like 2 days :D
Dont want to promote any other servers or so(i hope i wont get banned/warned for this), but dalaran had population of 300 after 1 year :D
People was justt raidlogging, and now after Ulduar relase, and soon ToC they are always 1k+.
We need some time to server grow up :D its now just little baby, but it will be strong man soon :P
Also i would love to see more raid-clear videos on YT <3 Advertising campaign should hit soon :D Lets just wait a bit and dont make new posts about how server is low populated/not pvp and blach blach blach :)
Logically Yours!
Logik

Cleofatra

#53 » Post by Cleofatra » 03 Sep 2015 21:01

piniok123 wrote::) :D :D :D :P <3 :D :)

:p
Couldn't help myself. But I agree <3

piniok123

#54 » Post by piniok123 » 03 Sep 2015 21:09

Yeah... i know but i have problem with emotes. Call the doctor ! :D

.Doom

#55 » Post by .Doom » 03 Sep 2015 22:40

Only now do I realize I should have used more smileys in my post. :)

.lhotsegirl

#56 » Post by .lhotsegirl » 04 Sep 2015 04:12

Cant help but observe that it's the PvP'ers doing most of the shouting and fighting here, seems like the PvE'ers want a quiet life... PvE makes sense, so those who want to PvP can toggle on the PvP and let the others play in peace without fear of being ganked upon.

I am actually saddened to see a demise of TrueWow.... both servers will level out and then grow from there in time as their new respective communities forge their places, but it's goign to take time and requires members to make their votes and publicise this on behalf of the servers if you want to see these communities grow.

Krystyna

.renjiowns

#57 » Post by .renjiowns » 04 Sep 2015 05:32

lhotsegirl wrote:Cant help but observe that it's the PvP'ers doing most of the shouting and fighting here, seems like the PvE'ers want a quiet life... PvE makes sense, so those who want to PvP can toggle on the PvP and let the others play in peace without fear of being ganked upon.

I am actually saddened to see a demise of TrueWow.... both servers will level out and then grow from there in time as their new respective communities forge their places, but it's goign to take time and requires members to make their votes and publicise this on behalf of the servers if you want to see these communities grow.

Krystyna

The problem is there isnt a lot of people who CBA to toggle PvP and there isnt nearly enough people that sit and farm out in the open to warrent doing such. Most people chill in Cities. That is just fine, but yeah.
Whiteglint
I am the bone of my sword
Steel is my body and fire is my blood

I have created over a thousand blades
Unknown to Death, Nor known to Life

Have withstood pain to create many weapons
Yet, those hands will never hold anything

So as I pray, unlimited blade works.

kupoteh

#58 » Post by kupoteh » 15 Sep 2015 15:10

i really enjoyed the server. the updated leveling experience, the lowbie community, the smoothness of the server. the issue for me was endgame raiding. with not enough new players to help form new guilds and raiding groups, i was forced to join one of the more established groups. it took a bit of time, but hey i really wanted to get back into wow. i love raiding, raided for about a year in vanilla. but then i came across some of the BS involved with raiding.

i don't know if it's because the guild leaders wanted to play the same game from 10 years ago, or if that's how they act normally, but from the moment i began to play with them, they told me to change specs and change the way i play the game, in a very passive, aggressive manner. that's cool if you think if i should change specs, but i think you got to talk to the player and understand first why he's playing that class the way he is, and what type of player he wants to be. it just made me feel like shit. the people who want to play on this kind of server want what they had back in vanilla, exactly the same way. there was only one spec for me in their eyes, and it was quite depressing. in 2015 i'm kind of over the fact how people think i should play like this or that. i got limited time and want to spend it my way, right? and as a first impression from that guildleader, i was just super turned off by this server and everything. and to think that i would have to play like this for the next 2 years was very offputting.

i came to primalwow to find a fresh new start in my mmo career, but couldn't find it. once i dabbled into more of the wotlk private servers, i just realized that there, people were more open to specs. sure, the newer expansions improved the viability of offspecs, but being more open to specs in general, imo, also sort of makes you more open to other things in general. mmorpg's are about self-exploration, social exploration, and exploration within the game's universe. it's just all these min-maxers that look at numbers, and all that stuff just kills the fun of my experience. thanks.

.Liebe

#59 » Post by .Liebe » 16 Sep 2015 07:41

Among those of us who still raid, and people are quitting every day, it's accepted that the server is going down in a few weeks, and we're just trying to enjoy it while it still lasts.

It's also been established that Prime shouldn't even be running a lemonade stand yet alone a private WoW server. Not only he's out of touch with his own server and incompetent in general, but he also completely ignores all the constructive suggestions we give him -- suggestions that could salvage the server from obscurity into which it more or less already descended.

If anything, this is quickly becoming an example of how not to run a private server.

Shave

#60 » Post by Shave » 16 Sep 2015 08:29

I left the server about 1 week ago, for me currently its not fun, see ya guys in 1.5 years!