Pvp Mage/Warlock Shields Question

Archive of discussions that have went stale. Lots o' dust over here!
Amalizzy

Pvp Mage/Warlock Shields Question

#1 » Post by Amalizzy » 31 Aug 2015 16:09

I'm just curious are damage absorption shields for other classes except priests scaled down in PvP (like Mana Shield, Ice Barrier, or Voidwalker Sacrifice)? Would appreciate official answer. Thank You.

Garland

Re: Pvp Mage/Warlock Shields Question

#2 » Post by Garland » 31 Aug 2015 19:23

Bump

useronly

#3 » Post by useronly » 31 Aug 2015 19:30

This is the response that was given when I asked this question previously. http://www.primalwow.org/forum/viewtopi ... 11&t=16169 Don't believe anything has been changed with the PvP debuffs, so I imagine that all absorbs other than Priest shields remain unaffected. I still hold my previous opinion that it doesn't make sense.

Amalizzy

#4 » Post by Amalizzy » 31 Aug 2015 21:00

Wait so if I understood well one class is getting debuff while other is not, I do understand it might be hard to do, but that doesn't make sense. If you do want to nerf stuff nerf it for all equally, no special treatment. I also won't pull OP argument here, since it's irelevant, you can't balance it no matter what you do, but when you nerf stuff just use common sense, it should apply for everyone or for none.

jm2c

useronly

#5 » Post by useronly » 31 Aug 2015 22:02

I agree, it doesn't make sense to apply the debuff solely to priest shields. In my view, if heals and heal-like effects are being debuffed to offset the damage nerf, why not apply the same parameters to all similar effects? As a priest, it's difficult to judge the balance of this disparity, as I don't have to deal with all the other shields for the most part. I'm personally interested in hearing opinions of all the other classes, especially melee, as to whether they think the current PvP debuff is balanced. From a logical standpoint, I don't see how it could be, but I can't actually give any feedback about it.

Zanmato

#6 » Post by Zanmato » 08 Sep 2015 12:02

Bump for visibility.

At first, we had HP buffs while inside battlegrounds. It didn't seem too good of a fix because of how some classes were scalling of that larger HP pool much better then others and the overall HP numbers didnt really feel vanilla-like.
The HP buff got justifiably removed.

Then, we had an across-the-board damage reduction of 33% to all damaging abilities, to reduce spike damage, which in theory should work in the same way but more balanced towards the classes that didn't really scale of that increased HP. Healing also got reduced by the same amount to make healers balanced.

Seems like the better option, except...

...For some odd reason that i can't find justification for, mage's and warlock's absorbing shields stayed the same, so in essence these two classes have an artificial 33% HP buff when they use their abilities. Mages even have two of them in the form of Ice Barrier and Mana Shield, so they're having twice the benefits of this change. This artificially brings mages to the same effective health pool levels a Bear Form druid.

Does that seem balanced ?

Arturo

#7 » Post by Arturo » 08 Sep 2015 12:40

This continues to be the problem with Primal they try to take a step forward but end up taking 3 steps back. I don't know if its because of a lack of testing or what. Everything is unbalanced to begin with and with the certain "fixes" being introduced they continue to make everything worse. While pvp though if you are a priest you can dispel the mage shields only not the warlock ones. But if you aren't a priest against a mage its GG. It essentially makes warlocks the most powerful caster class because they in fact CAN heal themselves and they have a strong absorb not to mention fears and they hit excessively hard already with decent gear.
Rosario
Lilith
Machismo
Rosa

Mezcal
Savage

Dreadnought101

#8 » Post by Dreadnought101 » 08 Sep 2015 17:55

Hey mates, I know that the devs are making a lot of mistakes that dont seem to make sense to us, but the devs are trying new things out and seeing if they are working. Yes they tend to go extreme when trying new things out and forget other things like mage bubbles and warlock self healing. But they are learning from their mistakes, we no longer have the x3 health buff in PvE and the changes are better. The time to try changes and test things is now, and see if they work, im sure once we hit naxxrammas and BC the server and devs will have a much more clear idea of what they are doing.

Basically give feedback if something isnt working/forgotten, but dont take it as dev incompetence or a personal attack =P
Degaris
-
A wise man once introduced me to this game "It shall protect your virginity my lad." He said...

Garland

#9 » Post by Garland » 08 Sep 2015 18:00

Glad to see this revisited. I'm very happy that the devs are at least trying to balance pvp - that's a great sign.

Warlocks/Mages/Shadowpriests are all extremely strong right now because they have most of their tools by level 60. Where as druids don't have cyclone, rogues don't have cloak of shadows, etc... Mages particularly are supposed to be glass cannons, but their shields are out of control right now and they are one of the hardest classes to kill with their kiting ability. Hopefully we can get a fix soon.

Amalizzy

#10 » Post by Amalizzy » 08 Sep 2015 22:28

Well, i don't really think new fix is solution,
Warlock healing was based on percent of damage they do. With reduced damage by 33% It will reduce healing for same percentage. Which was ok, now they getting additional 33% healing debuff which is unjustified. Sheild is only thing that should be nerfed, and i guess it can't be done, without breaking teh class.

Shave

#11 » Post by Shave » 08 Sep 2015 23:04

Nothing of these things will help, there will be no serious pvp until lvl 70.End of story

.Sorrugis

#12 » Post by .Sorrugis » 09 Sep 2015 06:27

Shave didn't you admit your highest level character was 42 or something and gave up after being stomped by twinks?

I'd hardly say you have proper ground to stand on.