Server population?

Archive of discussions that have went stale. Lots o' dust over here!
Lyrix
Donor

Server population?

#1 » Post by Lyrix » 20 Aug 2015 00:19

Hi,

Is it me or are there fewer people online each day? Can hardly get any dungeon going in dungeon finder (60).. Looking for group chat isn't being used much either. Might just be me tho.. I guess people don't pug much dungeons here.

Or is that Nost announced a PvE Vanilla server?

Etro
Honorary Member

Re: Server population?

#2 » Post by Etro » 20 Aug 2015 00:59

The dungeon finder might bug out sometimes. I just cleared the queues and that should fix it.
"With life, no matter what you do, you are all in. This is going to kill you. Might as well play the most magnificent game you can while you're waiting, because... Do you have anything better to do? Really?"

.Abcynia

#3 » Post by .Abcynia » 20 Aug 2015 01:06

--Stella--

Lyrix
Donor

#4 » Post by Lyrix » 20 Aug 2015 02:40

Great to hear :) Thank you!

collao

#5 » Post by collao » 20 Aug 2015 07:31

Lyrix wrote:Hi,

Is it me or are there fewer people online each day? Can hardly get any dungeon going in dungeon finder (60).. Looking for group chat isn't being used much either. Might just be me tho.. I guess people don't pug much dungeons here.

I quess it affects.. at least I am looking forward to it. :roll:
I don't understand how Nost have got so big community. The vanilla content itself ain't that great and tbh I would have actually liked to play more here. But around 300 ppl online just won't make the world feel as vivid as it is in Nost. Anyway, we can't be sure yet how many ppl there will be in the new pve server.. If it won't be success then ppl might came back here. As this is basically the only other option if u don't want to go for pvp servers.

saben
Donor

#6 » Post by saben » 20 Aug 2015 07:41

collao wrote:
Lyrix wrote:Hi,

I quess it affects.. at least I am looking forward to it. :roll:
I don't understand how Nost have got so big community. The vanilla content itself ain't that great and tbh I would have actually liked to play more here. But around 300 ppl online just won't make the world feel as vivid as it is in Nost. Anyway, we can't be sure yet how many ppl there will be in the new pve server.. If it won't be success then ppl might came back here. As this is basically the only other option if u don't want to go for pvp servers.
It has so many people because it released before its competitors with a decent enough project that people got suckered into staying long enough to put enough time in that they don't want to start over elsewhere.
Saben - Undead Mage

shibli09

#7 » Post by shibli09 » 20 Aug 2015 18:05

It's because Nost is a pvp server lol. Yes they did get out before competitors and that helped immensly, but I know a lot of people there that would come here if this abet was pvp. I'm sure alot more would come over when BWL drops and assuming this server was pvp by that time. People are willing to switch over of there is something better out there. But it won't be this server I can tell you that much lol.

And yes if you go to the suggestions tab you will see my thread asking for devs to release some sort of dailies or content that will get people to play other than just logging on for raids and logging off. Which is what is happening right now. This will continue and server will look dead which detters both new and existing people to play and the server will die.

I was playing every day but then people stopped logging on and with no PVP there is nothing to do so I've been playing on another server as of 2 days ago. I'll log in from time to time to fuck around. But there's nothing for me here at the moment.

EDIT: OH and btw, the "users online" stat on the front page is accounts online, just because it says "308" at this moment (its ussually 350+ at this time) doesnt mean there are actually 308 seperate people playing. I myself would have 5-7 characters logged in myself... I would 5 box 4 shamans 1 warrior and RDF with them and have my ally characters logged in on another monitor to talk with my guildies.

.Tomerant

#8 » Post by .Tomerant » 20 Aug 2015 19:24

shibli09 wrote:It's because Nost is a pvp server lol.
I lost it here ^_^ ^_^

and than... I fell of my armchair here
shibli09 wrote: I'll log in from time to time to fuck around. But there's nothing for me here at the moment.
(yes i know you didn't mean literally... don't waste time explaining)

Shib... i love you <3

.Coolbeans

#9 » Post by .Coolbeans » 20 Aug 2015 21:09

shibli09 wrote:...content that will get people to play other than just logging on for raids and logging off. Which is what is happening right now. This will continue and server will look dead which detters both new and existing people to play and the server will die.

I was playing every day but then people stopped logging on and with no PVP there is nothing to do...
This. Not only is this diminishing the current population, it becomes THE obstacle when trying to convince other players to reroll here.

I've tried hard to make the argument for Primal to players from my old vanilla server, but the deal breaker always comes down to: "Are battlegrounds popping?"; "How's the PVP?"...

shibli09

#10 » Post by shibli09 » 20 Aug 2015 21:20

Coolbeans wrote:
shibli09 wrote:...content that will get people to play other than just logging on for raids and logging off. Which is what is happening right now. This will continue and server will look dead which detters both new and existing people to play and the server will die.

I was playing every day but then people stopped logging on and with no PVP there is nothing to do...
This. Not only is this diminishing the current population, it becomes THE obstacle when trying to convince other players to reroll here.

I've tried hard to make the argument for Primal to players from my old vanilla server, but the deal breaker always comes down to: "Are battlegrounds popping?"; "How's the PVP?"...
No joke, those were the only 2 questions I asked when I was looking for a different server over the weekend when posting on their forums.

.Sorrugis

#11 » Post by .Sorrugis » 20 Aug 2015 21:24

Need more horde pvpers here. 0 horde q'd vs 20 ally all day long.

AnthonyDavis23

#12 » Post by AnthonyDavis23 » 20 Aug 2015 21:46

Oh my god shibli please stop with the PvP.

"Dude you need to seriously stop QQn about this bullshit and just drop it, if you don't like it then fuck off and go to another server that doesn't have x-faction. You came to this server KNOWING it was x-faction and you still lvled here, if you don't want it than leave and find another server. Fucking whiner."

I just saw that quote from you in the Bloodelf/Draenei Thread.
Just change x-faction in your quote with the your whole "Pvp/Pve" server problem.
Oh the irony.
Glorious.
Maybe you should take your own advice.

Cleofatra

#13 » Post by Cleofatra » 20 Aug 2015 22:20

Don't feed the trolls^

shibli09

#14 » Post by shibli09 » 20 Aug 2015 22:36

AnthonyDavis23 wrote:Oh my god shibli please stop with the PvP.

"Dude you need to seriously stop QQn about this bullshit and just drop it, if you don't like it then fuck off and go to another server that doesn't have x-faction. You came to this server KNOWING it was x-faction and you still lvled here, if you don't want it than leave and find another server. Fucking whiner."

I just saw that quote from you in the Bloodelf/Draenei Thread.
Just change x-faction in your quote with the your whole "Pvp/Pve" server problem.
Oh the irony.
Glorious.
Maybe you should take your own advice.
That was literally the point of that post, I was using his own arguement against himself.

EDIT: I'm seriously still laughing right now, I can't belive that just happened. Honestly dude, you need to take a quick second and think about what you are reading.

Oh the irony!

Glorious

LOLOL

Fuck i love it when retarded people completely miss the obvious point of a post, it makes it so much more satisfying hahaha