Shaman loot for alliance raids

Archive of discussions that have went stale. Lots o' dust over here!
sijuan

Shaman loot for alliance raids

#1 » Post by sijuan » 15 Aug 2015 07:14

Now, before we start this, let me first say that this is not by any means intended to turn into another shamans/paladins in cross-faction topic. You stated your opinion (server staff) about that, even tho it is regressing value of the server to fun type, you seem to come to final conclusion about it and I do not want to change that here, with this topic (regardless of fact that I completely disagree).

Guild Mystic in our first MC raid received few shaman items, even tho we did not have single shaman in our raid. Apparently, one of GMs stated that we will not get reroll of these shaman t1 items into paladins t1

Now I'm not going to question or laugh to guilds who employ cross-faction classes, which, tbh, should not be available to join same raid group as long as you are within vanilla content, but that is their choice. By denying us chance to get those items rerolled you are basically punishing us for trying to re-live something that is a bit closer to pure vanilla-like experience and also pushing us (and also any other guild who decide to take same path) further back in preparation for future BWL opening.

Bottom line:

If someone chose easier way to clear content, by employing both paladins and shamans in same raid, that is their choice. However, I urge you not to punish us who do not want to go down that path, us who do not need content to become easier that it was meant to be, just because...well, just because whatever was reason for that GM who spoke to our represent, who specifically stated that raids are cross faction, loot will not be rerolled.

Once again, you may play it as a cross faction, but we don't.

Snakeplisken, officer of <Mystic>

Thane

Re: Shaman loot for alliance raids

#2 » Post by Thane » 15 Aug 2015 08:51

Back in Retail I raided with a Horde Guild when the final patch before TBC was implemented, we were still farming MC for better gear before attempting BWL. We were unlucky enough to have two Paladin items drop from a boss and so we ticketed a GM about them who agreed that it was unfair that we should be getting loot we couldn't use, so he swapped the Paladin items to Shaman ones.

Obviously, cross-faction raiding does exist here; but for us who want to raid as an Alliance Guild in the "Vanilla" way and progress as one was supposed to it would be silly to have Shamans with us. As this loot change was made just before TBC was released, it would seem a bit strange to have it along all the way through MC, BWL, ZG AQ20/40 and on into Naxx. Imagine Ragnaros or Nefarion dropping 2 items nobody in your raid could use. Ouch.

Playing this as the proper progression the server aims for, that is why I'm here; I love the idea of re-doing the journey Blizzard did starting from scratch with UBRS runs etc to gear up to MC, then Zul'Gurub coming along and Onyxia and BWL... its a fantastic idea. And I understand that certain things can't be 100% Blizzlike and tweaks have to be made here and there. But surely we shouldn't be essentially loot-punished for trying to adhere to the most Blizzlike conditions possible?

I don't think anyone of us expects to have a GM at our beck and call to swap every piece of Shaman loot we get... but if we send in a ticket and when there's time... I hope that could be acceptable? :)

Analya

#3 » Post by Analya » 15 Aug 2015 09:32

+1 to all that is written here ^_^

manoroar

#4 » Post by manoroar » 15 Aug 2015 09:34

It's a 3.3.5 client. Why do you think the server should bend to your whim? There's plenty of Vanilla servers out there that offer the experience you're looking for. If you're going to play here maybe you should adapt to the current circumstances instead of thinking you're entitled to change how things work, you're not gods gift to wow.

Shaman_Union

#5 » Post by Shaman_Union » 15 Aug 2015 09:45

Hello, my name is Oprah Windfury and I've been asked by the Shaman Union to speak on behalf of them regarding your blatant attempts at taking our jerbs. Here at the Shaman Union, we try to provide each and every one of our Shamans a unique and fulfilling experience. As such, your attempts at slander and preventing shamans from taking positions of respectable power in the community is an outrage to all Shamans in this world (of warcraft) and the next.

Unfortunately, shamans cannot help what faction they are born into. Some know that they are different, yet people like you attempt to force them into assigned faction roles, ultimately hurting them, causing depression among other things. Did you know that the average quitting rate of a faction-confused shaman is 1 in 3? Stop the horrible bullying. Stop the faction confused phobia.

PS: You aren't special snowflakes. Just because you chose the alternative option and champion it as "making the game harder" (which lets be real here, a ~3% increase in DPS isn't making anything "easier") doesn't mean you deserve special treatment. In addition if you truly want the raid to be "harder" like you've so described, getting loot at a handicapped rate is perfect for you. That Nef kill having useless gear? Well shoot, looks like the raid isn't getting easier for you!

Analya

#6 » Post by Analya » 15 Aug 2015 10:28

If you want to play with shamans, go ahead, we don't want to and we would love to have an option to get another item instead of nexusing them.

I am so sorry we hurt your feelings and i really understand that not everyone can and want to experience true Vanilla raiding but there should be an option for people that want to do it as it's supposed to be done. I came to terms with the fact that this is probably gonna be a fun server mostly till woltk release and till then, progression won't matter since it's more or less cutom instead of Blizzlike. Afaik, this was actually suggested by people from other guilds also but on various threads, just this time someone actually asked if this is this is doable.

Shaman_Union

#7 » Post by Shaman_Union » 15 Aug 2015 10:44

Oprah Windfury here. Manoroar you the real MVP.

But once again my clients have asked you to stop expecting special treatment. I've heard that the "PvE" community uses these types of arguments against "PvP" players all the time from my clients. Oprah always says: Don't expect the realm, or the staff to change to fit your play-style. Having a shaman in the raid pick up loot, or drop totems isn't going to make raids super easy. It'll make them ~3% easier.

sijuan

#8 » Post by sijuan » 15 Aug 2015 10:48

Besides that, at this moment we seem to be only guild who actually care about this, till another guild shows up, so, yes, we seem to be quite special snowflakes, on smaller scale, ofc.

On other hand, we are clearing 10ish years old content of easiest vanilla raid which can be cleared with practically 0 problems. Now if you really need both totems and blessings to do it, go ahead, get your loot and btw, sorry if I spoiled it's taste for you, it wasn't my intention.

Analya

#9 » Post by Analya » 15 Aug 2015 10:49

No actually, no one of you has a point. No one asked for shaman loot to be removed but i think that it would be fair to get the replacement if we don't use shamans at all in our raid as an alliance.

If shamans are supposed to be available for allies, don't you think that spacegoats should be enabled?

vicio34

#10 » Post by vicio34 » 15 Aug 2015 10:54

i must agree with this to we are a guild just for alliance only

a question for the staff if it's a alliance only raid can't you set up the loot tables just for alliance gear (same for horde) and it might be handy for bwl etc to

cheers Azilla :)

Analya

#11 » Post by Analya » 15 Aug 2015 10:56

I don't think that it should be disabled, I just think that reloot should be possible if there's no shamans in the guild, that way everyone would be satisfied.

sijuan

#12 » Post by sijuan » 15 Aug 2015 11:17

manoroar wrote:It's a 3.3.5 client. Why do you think the server should bend to your whim? There's plenty of Vanilla servers out there that offer the experience you're looking for. If you're going to play here maybe you should adapt to the current circumstances instead of thinking you're entitled to change how things work, you're not gods gift to wow.
First of all, Prime has been very open to any kind of discussion that can lead to solving some issue, which is, tbh, quite rare feat among p-server owners. Therefor this topic is mainly aimed to him, not any of you fellow citizens of PrimalWoW.

Secondly, I don't need your opinion (If you're going to play here maybe you should adapt to the current circumstances instead of thinking you're entitled to change how things work) pretty much same as you don't need mine, so rather hold your horses till Prime express his opinion on this, cause it is only one that matters. Oh, and if you need attention, get your self a dog.

Try to understand that no-one of us isn't trying to change your loot, even tho it is laughable to me that you needed both paladins and shamans in the raid, you did get your loot. Enjoy it.

Problem is that we, or rather, our paladins, did not get their loot. And we did kill some bosses that dropped shaman loot which we. since we pride our self of being alliance-only, could not have.

Bottom line, just allow re-loot for alliance/horde only guilds that do not want to entertain possibility of cross faction.
Last edited by martito123 on 15 Aug 2015 11:21, edited 1 time in total.

razmattaz

#13 » Post by razmattaz » 15 Aug 2015 11:20

manoroar wrote:It's a 3.3.5 client. Why do you think the server should bend to your whim? There's plenty of Vanilla servers out there that offer the experience you're looking for. If you're going to play here maybe you should adapt to the current circumstances instead of thinking you're entitled to change how things work, you're not gods gift to wow.
Wow, just wow. Dunno how Snakes suggestion ruins your game and how its asking for special treatment. Pretty sure Prime has said that if the population was to increase a great deal that the cross faction we have on the server currently will be removed and then this will be an issue for all.

Or are you just trollin' as you have nothing better to do?

Lets look at your suggestions

Leave this server to move to another blizzlike: "yea the population is low so lets remove a few raiding guilds"
Adapt to x faction: to then be told to switch back if the population increases?

Anyways, I don't see how this is a major issue as we just wish to raid and have drops that reflect the people who are putting a shift in to down the bosses

manoroar

#14 » Post by manoroar » 15 Aug 2015 13:19

If this post is aimed at him (prime) and you don't need my opinion maybe you should send him a private message instead of posting it on the GENERAL FORUMS.

And I don't need attention, you're the one who started this post in literally the GENERAL FORUM for the entire server, were you really not expecting a response? And before you ask, no that Oprah Windfury guy isn't me, or anyone associated with the people I play with.

And no we don't need paladins and shamans in the raid to clear MC, my guild spent the last 2 years on a 1.12 server doing this exact content with just Shaman, we're just not daft and don't want to turn good loot into nexus crystals so we can cling to some faux-noble holier than though moral highground on 10 year old content.

To everyone else cock gobbling your GMs dick by slamming my response, he's a big boy and can fight his own battles. He'll prob just loot coucil the gear to someone who can actually play so white knighting for him won't help you
Last edited by Guest on 15 Aug 2015 13:29, edited 2 times in total.

razmattaz

#15 » Post by razmattaz » 15 Aug 2015 13:25

manoroar wrote:If this post is aimed at him and you don't need my opinion maybe you should send him a private message instead of posting it on the GENERAL FORUMS.

And I don't need attention, you're the one who started the post in literally the GENERAL FORUM for the entire server. That Oprah Windfury guy isn't me, or anyone associated with the people I play with.

And no we don't need paladins and shamans in the raid, my guild spend the last 2 years on a 1.12 server doing this exact content with just Shaman, we're just not daft and don't want to turn good loot into nexus crystals so we can cling to some faux-noble holier than though moral highground on 10 year old content.
So your trollin' fair play ;)