WOTLK client and leveling

Archive of discussions that have went stale. Lots o' dust over here!
Greymantle

WOTLK client and leveling

#1 » Post by Greymantle » 13 Aug 2015 20:38

I know it was in WOTLK era that the nerf bat started on the outdoor leveling game. I remember TBC and WOTLK in Northrend still had challenge but vanilla was hit hard. My fear is were capped at 60 and the leveling game is going to be super easy all the way to cap. Does any kind of challenge come in to play at anytime or is it going to stay super easy to cap? It's been a long time and I don't remember if it picks up some at a certain level or not.

The dungeons were made easier too with AOE tanking and no CC being used anymore. Is this how leveling dungeons are now no CC and aoe tanking?

Etro
Honorary Member

Re: WOTLK client and leveling

#2 » Post by Etro » 13 Aug 2015 20:51

Kind of a mix, IMO. Up until level 47 it is just like WotLK, but after that, in dungeons, we have a buffing system that comes into place. Enemies hit harder, have more HP, casters hit a lot and healing is nerfed. You will want to use CC, pull carefully and kill casters first. For example, It just isn't possible to do Balnazzar without CCing it a lot. At least I haven't been able to without CCs.
"With life, no matter what you do, you are all in. This is going to kill you. Might as well play the most magnificent game you can while you're waiting, because... Do you have anything better to do? Really?"

Greymantle

#3 » Post by Greymantle » 13 Aug 2015 21:09

I take the outdoor leveling game is easy all the way then. I'm here for the classic leveling game and it looks like that is not going to happen using the WOTLK client. It sure doesn't feel like Vanilla so far it's been way to easy.

lanrien

#4 » Post by lanrien » 13 Aug 2015 22:34

Nutty Boy wrote:Kind of a mix, IMO. Up until level 47 it is just like WotLK, but after that, in dungeons, we have a buffing system that comes into place. Enemies hit harder, have more HP, casters hit a lot and healing is nerfed. You will want to use CC, pull carefully and kill casters first. For example, It just isn't possible to do Balnazzar without CCing it a lot. At least I haven't been able to without CCs.

Can confirm Balnazzar has to be cc'd permanently, but I think there MAY be a bug, our rogue kicked his mind control (Domination) spell which is a shadow based spell, but he casted it freely meaning he didn't get a cd in the shadow school as he should, he would also cast mind blast which he shouldn't. he hits hard as it is, having a domination cast of 0.5 or so also doesnt help the situation.

Basically he has to be cc'd 100% of the time like a paladin with turn evil, otherwise, forget it.

Apathetic

#5 » Post by Apathetic » 13 Aug 2015 22:39

Parallel

asilay1

#6 » Post by asilay1 » 13 Aug 2015 23:00

Greymantle wrote:I take the outdoor leveling game is easy all the way then. I'm here for the classic leveling game and it looks like that is not going to happen using the WOTLK client. It sure doesn't feel like Vanilla so far it's been way to easy.
Why are you on a WOTLK client for the classic leveling game? There are tons of popular vanilla servers.. I don't get it. What did you expect? This isn't vanilla, it's just vanilla content.

Greymantle

#7 » Post by Greymantle » 14 Aug 2015 00:09

asilay1 wrote:
Greymantle wrote:I take the outdoor leveling game is easy all the way then. I'm here for the classic leveling game and it looks like that is not going to happen using the WOTLK client. It sure doesn't feel like Vanilla so far it's been way to easy.
Why are you on a WOTLK client for the classic leveling game? There are tons of popular vanilla servers.. I don't get it. What did you expect? This isn't vanilla, it's just vanilla content.
You would be mistaken there is tons of PVP vanilla servers. If you know of a good PVE server please point it out to me.

.lucasrayken

#8 » Post by .lucasrayken » 14 Aug 2015 00:13

It's still a WOTLK server, you should've expected it.

Greymantle

#9 » Post by Greymantle » 14 Aug 2015 00:19

lucasrayken wrote:It's still a WOTLK server, you should've expected it.
Well there was hope that they did some changes since they are going for progression server.

keanex

#10 » Post by keanex » 14 Aug 2015 02:15

I was on Wow-One Emerald Dream server, 1:1 exp rate. I dunno why anyone would want to relive that without a huge population. The only reason it was tolerated pre "easy mode" was because there was a huge population to help with tough quests/do instances. I just signed up and I love the mix of new/old. Yeah it makes things "easier" but reliving the hard parts without the population is going to ruin your experience.

Dreadnought101

#11 » Post by Dreadnought101 » 14 Aug 2015 03:10

Leveling is all right, though spell casters hit unusually hard, and pulling to many mobs (or pulling high level mobs) can kill you. Dungeons are quite easy, boss health and damage is little more then mob health and wipes that i saw where on adds, not bosses. I will note that at level 47 (Blackrock Depths and beyond) they buff boss health and damage to a much more interesting and fun level.
Degaris
-
A wise man once introduced me to this game "It shall protect your virginity my lad." He said...