WOD models on this server

Archive of discussions that have went stale. Lots o' dust over here!
pinacolata77

WOD models on this server

#1 » Post by pinacolata77 » 27 Jul 2015 23:48

hello, yesterday my guild was discussing about how you can put WOD models on this server and i was like, WTF you really can do that?? and they said to me it's real, but i searched a lot the internet and didn't found a good tutorial. There is just one that works on mists of pandaria, the rest that i saw just doesnt work properly.

So please, if anyone did this correctly on this server, tell me how to do it. A link for a good tutorial, anything. Thanks.

Dreadnought101

Re: WOD models on this server

#2 » Post by Dreadnought101 » 27 Jul 2015 23:49

If its easy to implement (which im not sure about) and its completely optional, then im all for it! Otherwise, no :(
Degaris
-
A wise man once introduced me to this game "It shall protect your virginity my lad." He said...

Fice94
Donor

#3 » Post by Fice94 » 27 Jul 2015 23:57

Just Download the new WotlK Client from warmane and change the realmlist back to primalwow :)
I'm playing with it since I started here, unless other modified clients you will not get banned for using it!
Zen - 60 Undead Mage <Crimson>
Pyroblast - Crit! - Aggro - Blink - Frostnova - WIPE

Balmung

#4 » Post by Balmung » 28 Jul 2015 00:06

There is a way I have already tried (found on reddit) that allows you to skip re-downloading the whole client:

I'm doing this all through uTorrent.
Go to the warmane download page (https://www.warmane.com/download), select the new WotLK client and hit download.
Once you do that uTorrent will pop up with the "add new torrent" window. On the right side hit "select none", and then check the patch-w.mpq (inside data folder) and patch-enUS-w.mpq (inside enUS and is 1001kb) files. Then hit "ok".
uTorrent will then skip all the extra files and only download those two. Once you have them, place patch-w.mpq in your Data folder and place patch-enUS-w.mpq in your Data\enUS folder.
I checked the uTorrent download and my WoW folder, and both are 17.9 GB so I assume the mpq files were the only change. Don't know why Warmane would tell us to redownload the whole client.

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/wowservers/com ... s_without/

pinacolata77

#5 » Post by pinacolata77 » 28 Jul 2015 00:14

Balmung wrote:There is a way I have already tried (found on reddit) that allows you to skip re-downloading the whole client:

I'm doing this all through uTorrent.
Go to the warmane download page (https://www.warmane.com/download), select the new WotLK client and hit download.
Once you do that uTorrent will pop up with the "add new torrent" window. On the right side hit "select none", and then check the patch-w.mpq (inside data folder) and patch-enUS-w.mpq (inside enUS and is 1001kb) files. Then hit "ok".
uTorrent will then skip all the extra files and only download those two. Once you have them, place patch-w.mpq in your Data folder and place patch-enUS-w.mpq in your Data\enUS folder.
I checked the uTorrent download and my WoW folder, and both are 17.9 GB so I assume the mpq files were the only change. Don't know why Warmane would tell us to redownload the whole client.

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/wowservers/com ... s_without/
thanks a lot for the responses, do you tested it? how does it work?

Virunus
Donor

#6 » Post by Virunus » 28 Jul 2015 00:32

I did it using the method he copy-pasted above, it works fine if you do it correctly.

The models themselves are a bit buggy in a couple of ways, but you'll have to decide for yourself if its worth it or not. Basically, its missing a good handful of hairstyles (dwarves have it the worst), so any hairstyle it doesn't have will be replaced by the buzz-cutt style that you get whenever you put something like a hat on your toon. Other than that, I think there are some issues with playable undead facial features? I haven't run into that yet as I play exclusively alliance.

For me, the "bugs" are not noticeable enough for me to care, the models look nice.

Balmung

#7 » Post by Balmung » 28 Jul 2015 00:34

Yeah, that method works. I have played a Tauren and a Human, and other than some hairstyles missing, I have not found other issues. I'll try the other characters and see how they hold up.

pinacolata77

#8 » Post by pinacolata77 » 28 Jul 2015 01:10

thanks guys very helpful, ill download right now to test it.

Scaro

#9 » Post by Scaro » 29 Jul 2015 13:43

So I kinda found a "guide" on how to make this work... I have like 80% of this textures working but the NPCs are weird I follow this guide but I can't find this "DBC server folder" ??? here is the link maybe some one can help me
http://www.ac-web.org/forums/showthread ... -on-3-3-5a