My epic event idea

Archive of discussions that have went stale. Lots o' dust over here!

Should we have this event in the near future?

1. Yes
38%
2. No
62%

Total votes: 13

Drek

My epic event idea

#1 » Post by Drek » 27 Jul 2015 23:20

Hello,

First of all let me warn you that this will probably be a long post.
As the headline suggest, i want to share an epic event idea i had while i was about lvl 15 (56 atm). The event is based on concept of huge pvp battle, Faction vs Faction.
Let me explain more clearly, real raid pvp battles are only held occasionally in big capital citys of Azeroth( outside of bgs). My idea is to simply make those battles across all of azeroth and capital citys. That means that there would be huge battles in chosen zones of azeroth(later even outland or northrend) and factions will progress to get to the city. Examples would be battle in azeroth, hillsbrad foothils, durotar, ellwyn fore, etc. Zones should be picked by simple logic, first battle is a random zone, next ones depend on the winner(winner moves to the next zone closer to the capital city of the opposing faction).
This kind of event can be so good taht it has many advantages:
1. This kind of event will make lategame more fun(even after everything is cleared), old players will always have something to look forward to
2. This could be a whole new segment of the game, thats means new potential strategies, speccs made for this event, etc.
3. This kind of event has huge advertising potential, this would be an original feature in the server
4. I think every player will enyoj this, both pve and pvp.

There would also need to be some rules for these kinds of battles, my idea is to have these rule:
- You must not ressurect by spirit, the only way to ressurect should be by other players skills or ur own(shamans)
- Everyone will have to put pvp on, if u have pvp off when the battle starts, u will be considered dead
- If u leave the zone of battle, u r considered dead
- The first faction that loses all players is defeated
- Zone of the next battle should depend on the winner of previous battle, meaning that the winner moves closer to the opponents city. When u get to the zone closest to the city, if u win there u get to raid a city
- City battle is won by killing the king
- Battle should be done in more rounds, so that it dosent last too short and that its not so snowbally( for example, 5 round,who get 3 won rounds is the winner.)
- Players need to be lvl 60
- There should not be number unbalance, that being said, i was thinking of making a poll or something on the server site, where people can apply for each battle. We will probably need moderators help for this.

The battle should not be held too often, once a month or once in two months should be fine.
If this server ever grows to be a big server, GMs should put a rule for max number of people so that we dont crash the server.
Now, i know that this kind of event is still immposible to have, but once we have more lvl 60 ppl i think it should be fine.
I know that im writing this early, but i want us to have time to organise everything and figure all out.
And remember, nothing in this post is final, i want u guys to participate in planing and discussion. Feel free to ask as many questions as possible.
Btw, il make a poll, so u guys can vote.

I noticed that there is alot of confusion in world chat, let me try to explain some of your arguments.
1. This is not pvp server- this idea has nothing to do with the pvp server topic, that being said, ive talked to many pve players and the agree it could be fine. Btw, there r some pvp players on the server, and people that play both pvp and pve. My goal with this idea is not to make the server pvp, my goal is just to make more fun thing lategame for people to look forward to. I know there is alot of guys that are all about farming and gearing etc, but this event is for people that simply want to have fun playing the game. The thing is, people that just farm or gear(either pvp or pve) simply drop out after a while. Ive seen alot of people gearing for raids, getting gear in raid, and then when they get the gear the either stop playing until the new raid comes lol, or they stop playing all together. Remember, im not trying to make serveer pvp, im just trying to make some kind of events, that will keep players(both pvp and pve) happy while they dont need/want to farm a while, or when they clear everything, events are big part of keeping the playerbace motivation.
The only reason why you would not want this is if you think that this will bring more pvp player, hence forcing the server in pvp. Not true, these kinds of events will make pvp players happy on a pve server, pottentially. That means, if u have enough of these events, pvp players will not really care if the server is pve.(I personally dont care at all, so dont think there is a hidden agenda)

2. World pvp shoul not be organized, it should be spontaneus- The only spontaneous in world pvp is ganking in leveling zones. Anything beside that is organized. Alot of servers tried to make world pvp by creating pvp zones where ppl would gank each other or have some kind of objective, no pve. That already means that it is organized, even retail tried with that. If something is not happening spontaneusly u have to interfere. And there is city raids which is also considered word pvp, and the best way to gather people for that was to make a notice couple of days earlier, also organized.

3: Why would you need this if we have battlegrounds?- Bgs and this event are not the same thing. Bgs are instanced pvp battles with objectives. Yes allterac walley is big, but its still objective orientated. This event is just an adition to the battlegrounds, and the battle take place in the zones that you almost never go after leveling. And i repeate, this will be held once a month max, it will not interfere with the battlegrounds. Those guys that said that its more fun to spam the same bgs than to do this event(probably trolling) will regret not having this kind of event in time.

4. Make cities pvp enabled- this would actually help the event cuz until/if gms make this, event battles will only be held in the leveling zones. Trust me, ive seen alot of servers where they never have these kinds of raids, and u cant possibly know if they will happen here. But even if gms dont do this, this event will benefit the players by creating a new battles in the zones, that still means that pvp players will love it(see number 1).

P.S. English is not my main, i apologise for bad grammar.

Maybe option has been removed, plz vote again
Last edited by Guest on 29 Jul 2015 15:35, edited 6 times in total.

.ithril11

Re: My epic event idea

#2 » Post by .ithril11 » 28 Jul 2015 06:42

Would be fun if we could somehow organize this! But it seems complicated and might take away developer time, lets try to make this a player ran thing.

.Fehu

#3 » Post by .Fehu » 28 Jul 2015 07:46

Sounds awesome, and I agree with all the advantages that you mentioned, I for one would definitely look forward to participating in this, It adds excitement and hype, and more people would join the server just for this if it ever works!

Drek

#4 » Post by Drek » 28 Jul 2015 11:09

I do undersatnd that we should not involve gms in thing like this, but it will make things a bit too hard. I was thinking that gms would be the best way to spread the idea to all the players of the server.
If we would do it without any moderators and gms, there are some ways we could spread the idea ourselves, it wil just take a long time.
1. Through world chat- this is a good way, but the discussion should be at high population hours and there will always be trolls, not to mention that alot of players simply dont use world chat for any reason
2. Through your guild- spread the word in guild, use guild information, etc.
3. Your friends ingame
4. Even mail

Btw, there is one question i cant answer, i would like ur help guys. How can we make sure that people will follow the rules?

.doctorwho

#5 » Post by .doctorwho » 28 Jul 2015 14:58

As a player-run thing, it seems ok. But I think the devs have enough on their plates without piling something like this on top.

One of the retail PvE servers I played on did something along these lines, but it only lasted for a few events before participation dwindled. That was a full server, though, so no idea what to expect here.

Drek

#6 » Post by Drek » 28 Jul 2015 19:00

So its decided, if it ever happens we will not bother gms.
The main problem is, i need more than 13 people to give me their opinions, i hope that the number will rise in time.

.renjiowns

#7 » Post by .renjiowns » 28 Jul 2015 23:25

make cities PvP enabled and azzy PvP

/thread
Whiteglint
I am the bone of my sword
Steel is my body and fire is my blood

I have created over a thousand blades
Unknown to Death, Nor known to Life

Have withstood pain to create many weapons
Yet, those hands will never hold anything

So as I pray, unlimited blade works.

Keenapal

#8 » Post by Keenapal » 29 Jul 2015 14:47

Providing a "maybe" option here was really going full retard.

Just remove that answer since those votes don't mean anything.

Immanuelmolin

#9 » Post by Immanuelmolin » 29 Jul 2015 15:26

Love it. Sounds like a cool idea!

We need to add shit like this to make this old game a little more interesting. I approve

.landgin

#10 » Post by .landgin » 29 Jul 2015 15:41

If you want to pvp, simply /pvp and be done with it.

pastgo

#11 » Post by pastgo » 29 Jul 2015 18:20

Back just before TBC came out, the PVE server I played on did something akin to this but not in a city. The largest guilds on Horde and Alliance organized an event they called "The long walk to" somewhere, I forgot where. One side walked the route, the other side was to try and stop them.They had it all planned out with both sides meeting along a planned route which was suppose to be across several zones. It was hyped for a while and was a much anticipated event by all the guilds and quite a large number turned out.

Bottom line, the event started and the lag was awful, you couldn't even move hardly. After about 15 or so minutes the entire server crashed. End of event. It was a great idea but the server just couldn't handle it.

Drek

#12 » Post by Drek » 29 Jul 2015 19:49

Thats why i said that gms should tell us how man people can the server endure, so we dont crash the server, i already talked about that.

sijuan

#13 » Post by sijuan » 29 Jul 2015 22:54

There's a vast amount of PvP servers pretty much all over the internet. If PvP is what rock's your world, just go there and let this server stay what it is. Thanks.

shibli09

#14 » Post by shibli09 » 31 Jul 2015 01:19

sijuan wrote:There's a vast amount of PvP servers pretty much all over the internet. If PvP is what rock's your world, just go there and let this server stay what it is. Thanks.

You know theres nothing wrong with trying organize PvP events on a PvE server right? No one is trying to change the PvE server into a PvP one. Also there are alot of pvp servers but there are no servers like this one. Where theres promise of longevity, growth, and expansions. So its a bit unfair to tell people who enjoy PvP to fuck off like that when they are helping this server grow for people who PvE.

Thats the point of PvE servers, if you see PvP and don't want to participate, great! then just sit on ur ass and don't do anything. But just because some people want to have fun or organize a PvP event doesn't mean they should be shunned and told to go elsewhere.

Drek

#15 » Post by Drek » 02 Aug 2015 13:28

Thank you very much shibli, but dont try to fight these kinds of people.
I would post a Mark Twain quote, but im not sure thats allowed.