PrimalWoW's Molten Core - State

Archive of discussions that have went stale. Lots o' dust over here!
qscrsz

PrimalWoW's Molten Core - State

#1 » Post by qscrsz » 27 Jul 2015 00:17

So i did your Molten Core and it was so easy. Some told me its tuned to make it harder. But the only think that was hard was to not quit because of boredom.

Please can u make the bosses a bit more intense? like healing damage make the abilitys more often i dont know but shit your MC is not fun at all sleeping pill right here with WOTLK client.

PS dont give me the BS off "its 10 year old content" shit everything here is not even close to vanilla so shit changing the bosses is a must

.Zsombee

Re: PrimalWoW's Molten Core - State

#2 » Post by .Zsombee » 27 Jul 2015 00:42

M8 that MC you just did had been nerfed 4-5 times during the last 1 month. Every week raids get weaker by 5% so no wonder it was piss ez. Also MC was never a hard raid unless your raid was mentally disabled, you only need to be awake to press 1-4 buttons.
When we will get to BWL, now thats going to be a killer, until then enjoy the ez gear.

Virunus
Donor

#3 » Post by Virunus » 27 Jul 2015 04:56

Couple things.

1) AFAIK, while the overall goal is to tune raids to be harder than vanilla difficulty and then nerf over time for a few months, Molten Core was intended t be tuned a bit easier to get people on this server into raiding. I'm not gonna dig around for a source on that one, but someone please correct me if I'm wrong here.

2) Molten Core was not a mechanically challenging raid. This is a decade after that raid was first released, players are simply better at the game now. There are arguments to be made for making it artificially harder to match the more knowledgeable playerbase, but, see #1.

I'd say give it until the next big raid before you judge too harshly. ie: BWL or ZG or something, not Onyxia.

Roel
Founder

#4 » Post by Roel » 27 Jul 2015 10:42

I also doubt it would really be harder if you would try it at any Vanilla server right now.

qscrsz

#5 » Post by qscrsz » 27 Jul 2015 19:17

Virunus wrote:Couple things.

1) AFAIK, while the overall goal is to tune raids to be harder than vanilla difficulty and then nerf over time for a few months, Molten Core was intended t be tuned a bit easier to get people on this server into raiding. I'm not gonna dig around for a source on that one, but someone please correct me if I'm wrong here.

2) Molten Core was not a mechanically challenging raid. This is a decade after that raid was first released, players are simply better at the game now. There are arguments to be made for making it artificially harder to match the more knowledgeable playerbase, but, see #1.

I'd say give it until the next big raid before you judge too harshly. ie: BWL or ZG or something, not Onyxia.
BWL or ZG are you kidding me m8? BWL is prob just as easy as MC and with wotlk talents and shit its even more easy

Vyse

#6 » Post by Vyse » 27 Jul 2015 19:24

Maybe you should nerf the raids every week.

Release it as hard as vanilla and stay with it, or try to overtune it (because of wotlk client) and only if like 1 raid team manages to down the raid
and all the other ones wont, nerf the content by 5%. Then wait and see.

If from the start every raid will get nerfed by 5% every week for example (until total nerf of 30% or something), players who are not here from the beginning but
starting to play when the raids are already out will not enjoy a faceroll black temple or faceroll naxx 40.

Maybe you could keep this in mind until later stages of Primal progress.